mic on Turtle Beach N11's picks up other people talking..

#1Citan22Posted 2/6/2013 10:58:19 PM
.. and it's annoying the crap out of me, but more so everyone else. the only reason i even got a headset with a boom mic was to avoid this.

i have the volume all the way up on the gamepad and headset, but it's not like game sounds (explosions, etc..) echo, it's only when other people speak. also, i have the audio output set to 'Gamepad' only with the 'Headphone' mix, if that matters..

so does this happen to anyone else using the Turtle Beaches? can it be that something is wrong with my set/mic?

thanks
---
NNID: BONEPILL
#2MUP-ANIMALPosted 2/6/2013 11:56:54 PM
I have these and never have that problem, although I don't use them a great deal.
---
MUP-ANIMAL on Wii-U & PS3
KOFFING* - Member of the POKEMON Clan
#3SozcumberPosted 2/7/2013 12:45:08 AM
Other people in the game or other people in the room?
#4Citan22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:28:47 AM
^ in the game.. like whenever my teammates say something, you'll see my name pop up also and echo the same thing..
---
#5Cubfan082Posted 2/7/2013 7:01:56 AM(edited)
Citan22 posted...
^ in the game.. like whenever my teammates say something, you'll see my name pop up also and echo the same thing..

that is not because of your headset, it is because people in your lobby are feeding back audio through headsets without noise cancellation, like the ear buds or gamepad mic or whatever. Mute them or ask them to turn the volume on their tvs down. That should solve your issues
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#6Citan22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:02:23 AM
i see what you're saying, but if it was their headset.. then wouldnt the sound from their tv (or headphones) get picked up by their own mic and the game would show their name popping up as if they were talking?

perhaps i don't understand how noise cancellation works.. but this is a possibility.. the person i play with mostly has the rocket fishes with the in-line mic.. i don't believe they have noise cancelling.. but, then again, i don' think the n11's do either.

i have my tv muted, so all sound is coming through my headphones.. and yet if you were to start speaking, my mic would echo it.
---
#7Cubfan082Posted 2/7/2013 7:18:01 AM
Citan22 posted...
i see what you're saying, but if it was their headset.. then wouldnt the sound from their tv (or headphones) get picked up by their own mic and the game would show their name popping up as if they were talking?

perhaps i don't understand how noise cancellation works.. but this is a possibility.. the person i play with mostly has the rocket fishes with the in-line mic.. i don't believe they have noise cancelling.. but, then again, i don' think the n11's do either.

i have my tv muted, so all sound is coming through my headphones.. and yet if you were to start speaking, my mic would echo it.

I have the N11s, the problem is not on your end. It is sound that you are sending out to the players with chat turned on, and their mics are sending it back to you. Try muting them to test it, that us what I do when I hear it, then if it stops I ask them to turn down their volume. If they don't it is perma mute.
---
#8Citan22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:45:49 AM(edited)
OK, i hope you are right. i will do some testing later and see what happens.

you probably are onto something, cause for a few days after i got the TB's, my friend was using iphone earbuds and we were not having this problem. then he got the rocket fishes and all of a sudden i'm echoing..

thing is, i also echo other people i come across.. but they're probably using crap headsets too.

edit: Cub, i just want to make it clear that i could be sitting there completely silent and if someone else talks, my mic will pick it up and re-transmit it.. causing the echo which i, personally, do not hear, but i see my name show up as if i'm talking.. and then people get annoyed.. so it's not like if I talk, my voice then goes through their TV, into their mic and then i hear my own echo. we on the same page? lol
---
#9Cubfan082Posted 2/7/2013 8:23:09 AM
Citan22 posted...
OK, i hope you are right. i will do some testing later and see what happens.

you probably are onto something, cause for a few days after i got the TB's, my friend was using iphone earbuds and we were not having this problem. then he got the rocket fishes and all of a sudden i'm echoing..

thing is, i also echo other people i come across.. but they're probably using crap headsets too.

edit: Cub, i just want to make it clear that i could be sitting there completely silent and if someone else talks, my mic will pick it up and re-transmit it.. causing the echo which i, personally, do not hear, but i see my name show up as if i'm talking.. and then people get annoyed.. so it's not like if I talk, my voice then goes through their TV, into their mic and then i hear my own echo. we on the same page? lol

well I have my settings for "headset" or whatever it is with audio going to both television and gamepad. I sit about 8 feet from the tv, use the N11s with the TV volume on, I don't have any issues with echo.

I will at times see my mic is transmitting, but it is reacting to the ceiling fan or my breathing.
---
#10SSJMarioPosted 2/7/2013 9:16:10 AM(edited)
Hmm, I wonder if the Galaxy s3 earbuds pick up the other other stuff if I set the sound settings to gamepad + TV.

Edit: Oh, right. There is an indicator if I'm sending a noise or not. I don't see anything except when I talk or move around.
---
PSN=bowserkick