Sunset for Wii Remote FPS gaming

#11CarbonizerMikePosted 2/11/2013 8:34:08 PM
Hardkode posted...
What do you think the odds are we'll see an FPS that supports the Wii Remote besides Call of Duty?

I would love to see another Metroid Prime game from Retro. With sales of 5.8 million for Donkey Kong Returns don't count on it. MP3:Echoes sold just 1.6 million. The best business decision is obvious: dump Samus.

Another Conduit game is unlikely. The only good thing about those games is they were cheap to make. With the doors closed permanently at Eurocom we can rule out another Bond game like GoldenEye.

Wii Remote gaming in FPS's has become a niche in a niche. Black Ops has sold very poorly on WiiU and few players use their Wii Remotes.

Nintendo's turned their efforts to the GamePad now. No first party game will require a Wii Remote because they're not in the box. It sure would be great to get a WiiU iteration of Wii Sports. It's possible but it would probably be designed around the GamePad like Nintendo land.

Once Microsoft and Sony release their new consoles developers once again won't be able to easily port their game for Nintendo's console. Very few xbox360 games were ported to Wii despite it's giant install base. There will be even less motivation this go around.

It's difficult to learn how to play with the Wii Remote. Only commited gamers can invest the time to learn it. I suspect many on this forum would argue that it would be a more compelling choice of there was no Dual Analog aim assist. That may be true but I doubt anyone will change their game designs. Aim Assist broadens the audience of FPS games by making them easier to pick up.

There will certainly be more FPS games for WiiU. Will other developers invest in making great controls for the Wii Remote? I doubt it.

You're probably right, but I don't agree that the Wii Remote is harder to use or difficult to learn. I picked it up much faster than dual analog (I still can't use dual analog in fact).

Did somebody say that Aliens will support the Wii Remote? I haven't seen any confirmation yet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#12AZHood321Posted 2/12/2013 2:00:54 AM
Aliens: Colonial Marines looks and plays bad, no matter what platform you decide to get it for.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AZHood321
Nintendo Network ID: AZHood
#13DoomsSDPosted 2/12/2013 3:18:31 AM
AZHood321 posted...
Aliens: Colonial Marines looks and plays bad, no matter what platform you decide to get it for.

I've just seen a few of the initial reviews trickle out. The entire game seems like a big missed opportunity.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#14Cubfan082Posted 2/12/2013 7:21:43 AM
DoomsSD posted...
AZHood321 posted...

I've just seen a few of the initial reviews trickle out. The entire game seems like a big missed opportunity.

it sounds like the "plan" for that game was a season pass model, to add campaign and online features. Doubt DLC could fix mechanic problems...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#15DoomsSDPosted 2/12/2013 7:48:49 AM(edited)
Cubfan082 posted...
DoomsSD posted...
AZHood321 posted...

it sounds like the "plan" for that game was a season pass model, to add campaign and online features. Doubt DLC could fix mechanic problems...

What a stupid plan for a game that's been in different kinds of development limbo over the years. Should have made a proper go of making a good Vanilla game. CoD gets away with it because the mulitplayer is the primary aspect of the franchise, Colonial Marines should have been all about the campaign. 40 miles of bad road.

Did you ever play Alien Trilogy? For all it's flaws I quite enjoyed it.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#16Cubfan082Posted 2/12/2013 12:55:22 PM
If the ADS snap gets put back onto the wiimote I am not sure how many DA players would stay that way. To me it was obvious that an advantage exists using the target assist. If they give equal levels of it on the controllers I see no reason why Wii Mote would nit be preferred over DA due to the easier movement commands.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...