is this what lag compensation does?

#1MUP-ANIMALPosted 2/13/2013 1:50:48 AM
I finally got a replacement router from my ISP and now I have my 9ms ping times back, the full 120 meg download, 8 meg upload, and I have an open NAT. Now I cannot kill ANYTHING with a full clip. I have loads of assists though.

Great stuff!
---
MUP-ANIMAL on Wii-U & PS3
KOFFING* - Member of the POKEMON Clan
#2DoomsSDPosted 2/13/2013 2:45:35 AM
Welcome to CoD- Opposite world.

Have the best internet available- have the worst online experience then watch people with crap connections tear it up.
Shoot first- die first
Run to cover to be safe- die the instant you round that corner. NEVER out in the open.
Play well in a team- team mates are s*** so you lose anyway.
WiiMote VS Dual Analogue- More inherently accurate control system still loses out because the clunky, out-dated method gets AAimbot.
SMG vs Sniper in CQC- *put three rounds in sniper* Sniper insta-snaps on you and OHKOs you thanks to AAimbot.

Anyone got any more?
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#3Cubfan082Posted 2/13/2013 7:29:56 AM
MUP-ANIMAL posted...
I finally got a replacement router from my ISP and now I have my 9ms ping times back, the full 120 meg download, 8 meg upload, and I have an open NAT. Now I cannot kill ANYTHING with a full clip. I have loads of assists though.

Great stuff!

if you can manipulate your network, I suggest using a QoS rule that sets the maximum upload speed to a value between 900 and 1100 kbps on the connection you give the Wii U.

you will still have players run up on you out of nowhere, but i have found this helps the shots I get off count more often.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#4sahlbackPosted 2/13/2013 7:52:15 AM
DoomsSD posted...

Have the best internet available- have the worst online experience then watch people with crap connections tear it up.
Shoot first- die first
Run to cover to be safe- die the instant you round that corner. NEVER out in the open.
WiiMote VS Dual Analogue- More inherently accurate control system still loses out because the clunky, out-dated method gets AAimbot.
SMG vs Sniper in CQC- *put three rounds in sniper* Sniper insta-snaps on you and OHKOs you thanks to AAimbot.

Anyone got any more?

Nope, that's about it. It's amazing how the newest COD in the newest HD console sometimes give me the worst gameplay I've ever had in a COD. And if you guys think it's bad in USA you can double that in Europe because we are even fewer players here. "Best mode" is only best for having coffee while waiting,
---
WiiKing ~ N3R0S
#5Cubfan082Posted 2/13/2013 8:10:05 AM
sahlback posted...
DoomsSD posted...

Shoot first- die first

Anyone got any more?

Nope, that's about it. It's amazing how the newest COD in the newest HD console sometimes give me the worst gameplay I've ever had in a COD. And if you guys think it's bad in USA you can double that in Europe because we are even fewer players here. "Best mode" is only best for having coffee while waiting,

can you remind me were the "best" setting is? After the last patch i have not benn able to locate it.

interesting though, under the settings, and of course I forget which one, but if you poke around there is something that actually displays your upload speed, check it out...
---
#6MrBIGsmilePosted 2/13/2013 8:18:20 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
sahlback posted...
DoomsSD posted...

Shoot first- die first

Anyone got any more?

can you remind me were the "best" setting is? After the last patch i have not benn able to locate it.

interesting though, under the settings, and of course I forget which one, but if you poke around there is something that actually displays your upload speed, check it out...

I put it to best, takes me 10 sec to find a game at maximum...
I totally forgot where I found that setting. I think it was when you can choose between core, objective etc.
---
MrBIGsmile - sort of inactive
#7kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/13/2013 8:20:46 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
sahlback posted...
DoomsSD posted...

Shoot first- die first

Anyone got any more?

I put it to best, takes me 10 sec to find a game at maximum...
I totally forgot where I found that setting. I think it was when you can choose between core, objective etc.

You have to push a button before you pick your playlist. It varies; I think it's Z or C on wiimote, X on everything else
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#8Cubfan082Posted 2/13/2013 8:53:22 AM
Thanks, will try to remember to check that, I had it set best previously, but I keep getting RTDM with the few Japanese players we have, no idea why. Game stutters like mad when.that happens...
---
#9SlightballPosted 2/13/2013 10:41:32 AM
MUP-ANIMAL posted...

Great stuff!

Yes.

Last night I laughed out loud while playing because on my screen I ran up the stairs on Slums, threw a Bouncy Bettie by the fountain, ran back the other way and was shot dead, when I was almost at the car.

I watched his kill cam and on his screen I ran around the corner and as I was throwing my BB he shot and killed me :0 But I didn't die until already throwing it AND running around the corner!

It was fantastic!!!
---
NNID: Slightball - Golden-Eye Wii: 3123-3342-0539 - Slightball/BEEDRILL*
#10HardkodePosted 2/13/2013 11:14:10 AM
MUP-ANIMAL posted...

Great stuff!

I highly recommend you switch to a wired adapter if you haven't already. Doing that will make a far bigger difference than changing your router or fussing with DMZ settings.