Tips for sniper bloodthirsties?

#1Gareth_HTAFCPosted 2/17/2013 5:59:02 AM
Silenced/Unsilenced?
Camp/No Camp? (If so, where)
Acog/Full scope?
Core/Hardcore?

I can't seem to get past 2 or 3 kills with a sniper, any good pointers? (Working on the DSR)
---
PSN: Gareth_HTAFC
http://www.youtube.com/user/garthuncle07,
#2necro3227Posted 2/17/2013 7:31:33 AM
'Silenced/Unsilenced?
Camp/No Camp? (If so, where)
Acog/Full scope?
Core/Hardcore?'

I can't seem to get past 2 or 3 kills with a sniper, any good pointers? (Working on the DSR)

Well, I'm no sniper expert but I only need a few bloodthirsty medals until I get diamond sniper's so I know what I'm talking about. First of all, however, I am a pure hard-scoper. I do not believe in quick-scoping and I will refuse to give any tips/tricks on how to do it. Sniper-rifles are not meant to be used as assault or close range weapons. So the tip's I'm about to give you are for hard-scoping and are quite noobish.

1)Definitely go silenced, even though it may take that one extra bullet. You want to be as hidden as possible. Maps in BO2 are very small, so you haven't got much of a choice where you snipe from and because we're going for bloodthirsty, we don't want the enemy to know where we are.

2) Camp is pretty much mandatory unless you're seriously skilled. (or a quick-scoper). I'm not going to tell you where to camp, you need to find where to on each map like myself. From what I have experienced, each map has about 3 different snipe-camp (for each side, making a total of 6) points. I recommend finding the ones that you like the best. What you want to do is camp on three of them, NEVER in the same spot. Go to spot A, kill two people, go to spot B, kill some more, then safely go to C and get that final kill. This is harder than it looks, because if you use anything else than your sniper, you wont get that bloodthirsty medal. If you stay in the same place, then the more skilled players will know you're camping one area and just end up killing you. I recommend that you try this twice per map, otherwise you'll just fail and get extremely angry when the enemy team finds you in your camping places.

3)Acog or full scope? That depends entirely on how you play and how skilled you're. I personally use full scope or dualband depending on the map and how skilled the enemies are.

4)Core or Hardcore? That depends, I honestly say going full stealth on hardcore is the best (but most riskiest option). There is no killcam, they can't see where you are. If you have silencer and all the other stealth perks then you're almost invisible to them (until you shoot of course!) So apply the A-B-C tactic and you should be getting those bloodthirstys eventually.

General Tips:

-Play domination. Standoff is great for sniping. At the start, get to the building (either side) and pick off enemy snipers first, then the people getting B. Also, the great thing about domination is that when round 1 ends, your kills are carried to the next round. The start of a domination round is always important when it comes to bloodthirsty medals, so the start of round two will get you those easy kills that you need. So instead of needing 5, if you killed 2 in round 1, then you only need 3 in round 2.

-If you have skilled enemies, don't use sniper. If you're getting killed a lot, you're gonna get killed more and get angry. Either wait until noobs come into the room or switch mode-map until you find a noob team.

-Meltdown and Standoff domination are the best maps for bloodthirsties. (Hijacked too, if you're skilled enough)

-Claymore and shockcharges are a must for knowing if you have somebody near you. Especially on core, since they can see your killcam and usually try to get you. If I see that the person was shooting at me before I kill him, I know that he has seen me and that's when I switch to my second area and pick on unknowing people.

-Guardians are you're friend. Use them if you're sticking to an area that you'll be for a long time. (Meltdown buildings)
#3leiterfPosted 2/17/2013 7:40:24 AM
What's sniping?
---
NNID - leiterF
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbyX7CoBYlE&api_format=3&vndel=watch
#4necro3227Posted 2/17/2013 8:03:54 AM
leiterf posted...
What's sniping?

you're a waste of space. Delete your account and never return here again.
#5leiterfPosted 2/17/2013 8:11:38 AM
necro3227 posted...
leiterf posted...
What's sniping?

you're a waste of space. Delete your account and never return here again.

Hmmm new acct.
---
NNID - leiterF
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbyX7CoBYlE&api_format=3&vndel=watch
#6Hawke0Posted 2/17/2013 10:07:39 AM
Unsilenced with variable zoom scope.
---
Metroid Prime>Halo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Conduit>>CoD and MoH
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll9m01bBrd1qftvb7.jpg
#7xRonMexicoPosted 2/17/2013 11:08:46 AM
Gareth check your PM and add me.
---
SD's Director of Awesome
#8Gareth_HTAFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:03:51 PM
Most frustrating challenge ever...

Can't believe you need 10 of these f****** as well. Whilst the Domination suggestion sounds sensible, I just spent the last half an hour being killed by nothing other than silenced SMGs. Where are maps like Crossfire and Overgrown when you need them.
---
PSN: Gareth_HTAFC
http://www.youtube.com/user/garthuncle07,
#9BirdPwNz100Posted 2/17/2013 1:56:58 PM
I don't recommend sniping on Hijacked. There's a good chance the enemy you just killed will spawn behind you.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#10DoomsSDPosted 2/17/2013 2:01:53 PM
inb4"lol" but would Ground War be a good mode to try it on? If you get a game there's a good chance, with all the extra players that you could have a good chance of blood thirsty at range due to their being more of them around. Of course, there's more players to flank/rush you too.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...