Why do I feel like I like this more than Ghosts?

#1Numbuh100Posted 5/11/2014 8:39:32 AM
I'm trying to see how Ghosts is better but it looks like the Squad Points stuff ruined the whole unlocking stuff for me and the maps are horrible too. I'm trying to give both games a good time to play matches with. The community is so small though.
---
You are always mad, bro.
#2QualiTPosted 5/11/2014 8:52:57 AM
I actually played demolition on Saturday. Ghosts has TDM/Dom available and that's about it. I felt like a kid in a sweet shop.

Some people like Ghosts, some like BO2. judging by the online numbers, more like BO2, so you're not alone in preferring Bo2.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#3BrownsM1Posted 5/11/2014 9:41:05 AM
cause this game is more fun

inb4CubsaysGhostsisbetter
---
xbox GT: TAILS DOLL M1 NNID: TAILS_DOLL_M1
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#4eminydaxPosted 5/11/2014 12:24:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5DaisyFan007Posted 5/12/2014 8:11:56 PM
I like this version, but PS3 is my favorite, over PC or Wii-u
#6Cubfan082Posted 5/19/2014 11:05:24 AM
BrownsM1 posted...

Ghosts is better for the simple fact that hit detection and avatar movement is more correctly represented, thus the game has more integrity.

you CANNOT say that BO2 is better cause more people play it, BO2 sold more copies by almost 100k on the U. It has a larger player pool by almost 40%, therefore unless you see something that exceeds that I would hold no weight in the "more players equal better game" arguments.

to me BO2 is an easier game to earn streaks, it has a more interesting character and weapon progression, camo chase included, and has a far greater swing in quality of connection. If you lime sponging damage, you will love BO2...

...if you don't like your targets killing you, you won't like ghosts.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#7BrownsM1Posted 5/20/2014 1:16:41 AM
never said cause of the player count. just said BO2 was more fun
---
#8like2napPosted 5/20/2014 1:28:44 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
BrownsM1 posted...

Ghosts is better for the simple fact that hit detection and avatar movement is more correctly represented, thus the game has more integrity.

you CANNOT say that BO2 is better cause more people play it, BO2 sold more copies by almost 100k on the U. It has a larger player pool by almost 40%, therefore unless you see something that exceeds that I would hold no weight in the "more players equal better game" arguments.

to me BO2 is an easier game to earn streaks, it has a more interesting character and weapon progression, camo chase included, and has a far greater swing in quality of connection. If you like sponging damage, you will love BO2...

...if you don't like your targets killing you, you won't like ghosts.

All of this (and I fixed a typo in that there). Also the maps are tough to learn.in Ghosts, but once you figure out how to play them it's great. They may seem like they are catered to campers at first, but that's only because you haven't learned the hiding spots (I don't know if you have this issue). Once you do, they are sitting ducks. The maps are open and have tons of flank routes. Despite what you may hear, SMGs are viable weapons. You just need to know the range at which they are effective and don't engage in gunfights outside of that. "BUT NAP! The maps are HUGE!" Yes they are. And full of flank routes and paths to force the engagements you want. Siege is huge, but you can pwn with an SMG on that map cause there is so many CQC areas. Which brings me to my next point. Different weapons are actually different. You can use an SMG in BLOPS 2 just like you an AR. You could play the same way with either gun. In Ghosts you have to drastically change the way you play with either. To me that makes it more fun.

The wii remote controls are way better and so is the hit detection. Assault streaks aren't OP, but still effective when used correctly. Learn the maps. Learn the sight lines. Hoo-rah!
#9BrownsM1Posted 5/20/2014 4:47:26 AM
I know all the maps in Ghosts.

I still hate it.
---
#10QualiTPosted 5/20/2014 5:02:32 AM
BrownsM1 posted...
I know all the maps in Ghosts.

I still hate it.

This.

The large maps suck. Get killed and spend 20 seconds sprinting to get back into the action. I wouldn't mind it, except I play Stormfront/Whiteout literally every other map. So tedious playing the same 2 maps every 30 minutes.

For some reason the community avoids the smaller maps, like Freight and Strikezone, like the plague. Yet on BO2, they avoid Drone and Aftermath like the plague.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.