Movelists?

#1codo141Posted 3/2/2013 6:24:49 PM
I remember playing Warriors Orochi 2 on my psp, and while I saw that movelists were initially really tiny, and was kind of dissipointed... I noticed Taigong Wang, after throwing big earthy balls around (Hurrhurrhurr), he seemed to do a NEW attack I had never seen him do before, and when I looked back into his movelist, he had like... An extra button or two on his combos.

Do you still learn new moves in this game, or does every character have all their moves at the offset? cause honestly? I kind of LIKE not having all my moves right at the start. It gives me something to look forward to, and makes me wanna play each and every one of the characters MORE, when there is more to unlock for them. 4 weapons each, an extra skin, and new moves? Yes please!

I intend to buy this game soon, as I never bought it for my PS3, but I buy a WIi U tomorrow, and saw that this was on it as well, and included the Duel Mode that I so loved in Orochi 2. While not learning new moves wouldn't break the game for me, it WOULD kind of dissipoint me. So can someone please tell me before tomorrow, to save me a lil' face? Couldn't find it on the wiki or anything, so need someone who's played it already to tell me!

Also, anything else about hte game I should know?
---
"**** off."
#2AmakusaPosted 3/2/2013 6:38:17 PM
You have to gain levels to unlock the whole moveset. By Lv.25 the entire moveset is unlocked (just like the other Warriors Orochi games).
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#3gumxPosted 3/2/2013 6:58:01 PM
codo141 posted...
I remember playing Warriors Orochi 2 on my psp, and while I saw that movelists were initially really tiny, and was kind of dissipointed... I noticed Taigong Wang, after throwing big earthy balls around (Hurrhurrhurr), he seemed to do a NEW attack I had never seen him do before, and when I looked back into his movelist, he had like... An extra button or two on his combos.

Do you still learn new moves in this game, or does every character have all their moves at the offset? cause honestly? I kind of LIKE not having all my moves right at the start. It gives me something to look forward to, and makes me wanna play each and every one of the characters MORE, when there is more to unlock for them. 4 weapons each, an extra skin, and new moves? Yes please!

I intend to buy this game soon, as I never bought it for my PS3, but I buy a WIi U tomorrow, and saw that this was on it as well, and included the Duel Mode that I so loved in Orochi 2. While not learning new moves wouldn't break the game for me, it WOULD kind of dissipoint me. So can someone please tell me before tomorrow, to save me a lil' face? Couldn't find it on the wiki or anything, so need someone who's played it already to tell me!

Also, anything else about hte game I should know?

Well from what I learned from playing... I learn all the moves for all the characters at level 20.
Dynasty Warriors Characters learn 6 charge attacks total and one of them is their EX attack unique to them.
Samurai Warriors Characters learn either 9 or 5 charge attacks, just one more than what they used to know.
Basically, if u played only WO2 then each of the characters will get an extra charge attack.
Koei takes characters from SW3XL and DW7XL and combine them. But, the sad part is when I played as Musashi one of my favs. All Koei did to him is give him a new Special attack. No extra charge attacks.

Here a quick list of characters i see did not get extra charge attacks (my bad for misspelling)
Musashi
Kojiro
Yoshitsune
Kyomori
Da Ji
Orochi
Orochi X
Fu Xi
Nu Wa
Taigong Wang
Himiko
Benkei
Sanzang
and maybe some others that i forgot
Basically the new characters that were put in this game such as the Ninja Gaiden Characters and others will get another charge attack.

Yep thats about it for me :D sorry for the gigantic post.
#4codo141(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 7:44:57 PM
Honestly? I never got to play TOO much of Wariors Orochi 2, due to moving to Japan, and not being able to bring my PSP. I got a Vita now, but I didn't wanna pay 30 bucks for a game I already owned a physical copy of. But to find out the 3rd game came out, at first I was ecstatic, but I found out that they took out the Duel Mode kind of thing that WO2 had, which... Sure, it was a gimmick. but it was a -fun- gimmick that I loved. I was like "Meh", and decided I could care less. Plus, the lack of multiple storylines sorta made me not care as well.

But to find out the game has a weird story-mode with tons of little side-missions to unlock the other characters instead? I thought that was a neat concept. But to find out the Wii U version brings BACK the duel mode? -that- was the real kicker that sent me over the edge, and wanting to buy it. So I'm ecstatic for that. THough i also gotta ask some things.

For one, is the game Downloadable? Because I don't really believe I'll find an American copy of the game over here. Add to that, how much space does the Wii U really have? I intend to get the deluxe version for extra space, but how much does WO3H take up of it? I'm worried about space constraints (Even if I'm still going to get it), but I just need to know.

And as for the characters gaining new moves by levelling up? That's exactly what I asked, and hoped for. Sweeeeeeet~
---
"**** off."