I feel bad for the Unova Pokemon that got left out

#1PK_GamingPosted 12/18/2012 11:43:53 PM
I don't actually mind the fact that this game only has 144 usable Pokemon mostly comprising of Unova Pokemon ( fresh starts are good, my favorites made it in, and there's always next game!) however I can't help but feelbad for the unova pokemon that didn't make the cut.

This was supposed to be their game, their time to shine and it feels kind of unfair that they missed out because (possible) developer bias.

cut unova Pokemon:

(pardon the spelling)

-Purrloin line
-Pidove line
-Throh & Sawk
-Basculin
-Darmanitan line (ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! ****. Ahem...)
-Maractus
-Sigilyph
-Reuniclus line (ARE YOU SERIOUS X2?!?)
-Vanilite line
-Deerling line
-Escavalier line (noooo :<)
-Jellicent line (awww)
-Alomola
-Ferrothorn line (WHY)
-Eelektross line
-Elgyem line
-Shelmet line
-Stunfish
-Heatmor & Durant
-Bouffalent
-Reshiram & Zekrom (not usable but you can fight them)
-Kyurem, Kyurem-W & Kyurem-B(not usable but you can fight them)
-Genesect

I honestly would have removed some of the previous gen Pokemon to fit them in :/
---
I know the Keyblade didn't choose me, and I don't care.
I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger-- the people it did choose.
#2Yamato_sanPosted 12/19/2012 10:46:22 AM(edited)
don't forget alternate forms. Even though Keldeo and the kami trio are in, I haven't heard a thing about the Resolute or Therian forms being in the game (which seems pretty stupid; this game's hideously selective roster of Pokemon aside, you'd think those forms would've made a great promotion for the recent movie and B2W2 if nothing else).

PK_Gaming posted...
-Throh & Sawk
-Stunfish

amusingly enough, I saw one of the negative reviews on Amazon Japan using these specific Pokemon as examples of Pokemon that were left out (ironic considering such Pokemon are frequently cited by 5th gen-bashers).
#3MovesLikeJabbaPosted 12/19/2012 4:26:43 PM
PK_Gaming posted...
I don't actually mind the fact that this game only has 144 usable Pokemon mostly comprising of Unova Pokemon ( fresh starts are good, my favorites made it in, and there's always next game!) however I can't help but feelbad for the unova pokemon that didn't make the cut.

This was supposed to be their game, their time to shine and it feels kind of unfair that they missed out because (possible) developer bias.

cut unova Pokemon:

(pardon the spelling)

-Purrloin line
-Pidove line
-Throh & Sawk
-Basculin
-Darmanitan line (ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! ****. Ahem...)
-Maractus
-Sigilyph
-Reuniclus line (ARE YOU SERIOUS X2?!?)
-Vanilite line
-Deerling line
-Escavalier line (noooo :<)
-Jellicent line (awww)
-Alomola
-Ferrothorn line (WHY)
-Eelektross line
-Elgyem line
-Shelmet line
-Stunfish
-Heatmor & Durant
-Bouffalent
-Reshiram & Zekrom (not usable but you can fight them)
-Kyurem, Kyurem-W & Kyurem-B(not usable but you can fight them)
-Genesect

I honestly would have removed some of the previous gen Pokemon to fit them in :/

What? How could so many be left out?
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of all Pokemon boards
#4Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 12/20/2012 1:58:22 PM
Aww...I do feel bad as well for some of my 5th gen compatriots....
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#5pikachupwnagePosted 12/20/2012 5:50:35 PM
Lack of stunfisk, Vannlish famil, reuniclus and genesect is a terrible crime.

The lack of pokemon in general sucks.

Should do a patch adding in more pokemon in general.

I don't care if its gen 100 and there are 10000 pokemon every pokemon needs to be in a PMD. The first two games set the precedent and having less then even the first one or even the ORIGINAL POKEMON GAMES is just stupid.

Still going to enjoy this but this lack of pokemon really sucks.

/rant
---
"There's only one legitimate reason to be doing anything, and that is for the lulz"
#6Vurin_Posted 12/20/2012 6:14:51 PM
Don't worry guys! I'm sure overpriced DLC will fix it!
#7Gameandwatch2Posted 12/20/2012 6:44:43 PM
The fact that the cap on the number of Pokemon you can have recruited in total is 288 (Twice the number of unique Pokemon to recruit) makes the possibility of DLC seem slim at best.

At best, I'm expecting some dungeons that are on par with Zero Island Central in terms of difficulty before the DLC stops.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
#8Blazekicker27Posted 12/20/2012 7:14:24 PM
No Sawsbuck, Vanilluxe (especially considering the final dungeon is an ice dungeon), Eelektross, Reuniclus, Darmanitan, Jellicent, Tao trio, or Genesect really sucks. They couldn't even get all of my favorites from the current gen which is prioritized in this game. Oh well, at least I still have the Krookodile, Bisharp, Zoroark, Golurk, Braviary, Volcarona, and Hydreigon lines.
---
Official Blaziken of the PMD3 board.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#9ROFLROOSTERPosted 12/20/2012 8:48:48 PM
Stunfisk is everything

he belongs at the top of all your lists.

k that's all
---
Good luck with Muk, and its poison gas,
Make one wrong move, and it'll kick your.... grass!!!!
#10Gameandwatch2Posted 12/21/2012 3:41:39 AM
Wonder how they would've handled having aquatic Pokemon living in the Pokemon Paradise.

It would've looked kind of silly to just have them floating around in the air like they did in the previous games.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937