Who did you pick for your hero and partner and why?

#1Lovelife090994Posted 3/30/2013 7:13:36 PM
Who did you pick for your hero and partner and why? Out of curiosity what had you choose to be the pokemon you chose and the partner to accompany you? I chose Oshawott for it's type and for it's moves even though now I'm starting to prefer Snivy's moves. I chose Pikachu as my partner for his moves and type to combat Flying types which come out of nowhere sometime, plus I like Pikachu.
Please share and thanks, this will be my last topic for a bit. I do not wish to annoy, only ask, bye and thanks!
---
Life is a gift, but it is short and judgement follows. Live each day true, and cherish each moment, for as we have been given life, we should all enjoy it.
#2TheLordOfBugsPosted 3/30/2013 7:20:00 PM
Snivy as 'me' and Axew as partner. I figured that the partner would be more emotional than 'you' since characters that are supposed to be you are usually given limited dialogue or no dialogue at all as to not shatter that illusion, and I felt that Snivy gave off a more stoic vibe than Axew.

As for the other three, I simply don't like them.
#3Lovelife090994(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:22:27 PM
TheLordOfBugs posted...
Snivy as 'me' and Axew as partner. I figured that the partner would be more emotional than 'you' since characters that are supposed to be you are usually given limited dialogue or no dialogue at all as to not shatter that illusion, and I felt that Snivy gave off a more stoic vibe than Axew.

Fair enough, I wish I did Snivy now for it's great grass type moves and Mega Drain which comes later but my Oshawott and Pikachu pair is good too. Thanks for sharing!
---
Life is a gift, but it is short and judgement follows. Live each day true, and cherish each moment, for as we have been given life, we should all enjoy it.
#4Lovelife090994(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:18:23 PM
TheLordOfBugs posted...

I've heard Snivy is hard to be, it's moves don't seem to help as much later, others have said...
---
#5Gameandwatch2Posted 3/30/2013 8:30:55 PM
Snivy and Axew.

I kind of assumed the partner would be similar to how he was in the previous games, and Axew seemed like a good fit for that personality.

Snivy on the other hand, just really seemed like the hero type, and it's my favorite of the Unova starters.

It's actually an extremely good Pokemon due to the drains and Reflect/Light Screen giving it high survivability, plus a team attack that restores the party's HP. Coil and Calm Mind only help it to become more sturdy.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
#6cloud_8f8fPosted 3/30/2013 8:38:22 PM
Tepig and Snivy
---
Official Tepig of the B2/W2 boards
Currently Playing: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
#7Lovelife090994(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 7:17:55 AM
Gameandwatch2 posted...
Snivy and Axew.

I kind of assumed the partner would be similar to how he was in the previous games, and Axew seemed like a good fit for that personality.

Snivy on the other hand, just really seemed like the hero type, and it's my favorite of the Unova starters.

It's actually an extremely good Pokemon due to the drains and Reflect/Light Screen giving it high survivability, plus a team attack that restores the party's HP. Coil and Calm Mind only help it to become more sturdy.

A team attack can restore HP? Which move is it? And now I really am rethinking this Oshawott thing, lvl 15 and still no water walking or moves that are screaming at me. Plus since Snivy would keep and use Mega Drain a lot it's power would benefit the team upgrades!
---
#8tooweakPosted 3/31/2013 7:38:00 AM
Starter: Oshawott
Was at the character select screen for several minutes before deciding. Already knew Pikachu was going to be my Partner. So I was debating Oshawott, Snivy, and Axew. Figured I wanted something SE against Earth so that took out Axew. Snivy had too many type weaknesses and I preferred Oshawott's appearence. So after several minutes of deabte, I ended up as Oshawott.

Partner: Pikachu
Pikachu was my partner in Explorers and Explorers was responsible for getting me back into Pokemon after an absense lasting over half a decade. As such any PMD game that gives me the choice will always have Pikachu as my Partner.
---
It happened again. I cried at another Pokemon game.
#9Animelover_galPosted 3/31/2013 7:38:47 AM
Chose Pikachu and Tepig (both are from my 2 favourite generations)

I was thinking pikachu would be a good one to play the leader, but since i got to desolate canyon (i realised I made a bad decision)

As for choosing Tepig I was thinking of a starter Pokemon and the move set it will have that might be helpful in the future when it evolves an Tepig's evolution seems to fit it perfectly.
---
3DS FC: (Animefreak) 3136 6896 2022 Heart Gold(Koton)=2579 5336 7795 Platinum(Dawn)=4812 3082 5015
#10Lovelife090994(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:49:52 AM
tooweak posted...
Starter: Oshawott
Was at the character select screen for several minutes before deciding. Already knew Pikachu was going to be my Partner. So I was debating Oshawott, Snivy, and Axew. Figured I wanted something SE against Earth so that took out Axew. Snivy had too many type weaknesses and I preferred Oshawott's appearence. So after several minutes of deabte, I ended up as Oshawott.

Partner: Pikachu
Pikachu was my partner in Explorers and Explorers was responsible for getting me back into Pokemon after an absense lasting over half a decade. As such any PMD game that gives me the choice will always have Pikachu as my Partner.

It seems the Oshawott-Pikachu pair is common. I have it and chose for many of your reasons.
---