Would anyone want Friend Areas to come back?

#1SwagodilePosted 9/20/2012 12:00:51 AM
I preferred them over the Chimecho Assembly. Only thing I didn't like was having to pay absurd amounts of money for them. I think it'd be best if you unlocked them by simply recruiting a Pokemon that lived there.
---
I <3 tsundere
#2IzanagiBlastPosted 9/20/2012 12:03:49 AM
Indeed i would love to have them back,but hey paying insane amounts of poke was kind off challenging i wouln't mind if they decide to do it again.
---
US Cosmo Black Ambassador 3DS FC:3351-4244-8930
Send me a message with your FC if you want to add me :D
#3soMEguy_povoPosted 9/20/2012 1:41:47 AM
How about a compromise:

Provided the friend areas are unlocked (not necessarily purchased, but available), any pokemon from the unlocked areas would be recruitable. Obviously, new members default to their friend areas, but for ones you don't own, the member moves in to your house/base. Once you max out the house/base (would probably only be able to keep maybe 3 team members not including player + partner), you can't recruit any more pokemon unless you have the relevant friend area. Obviously, you could evict team members from the house/base to free up a space, but you'd lose that member permanently.
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I'd rather die than go to heaven"
#4AngelPeachPosted 9/20/2012 6:04:44 AM
Actually, if Friend Areas were to return, there was this idea someone posted that I think would work a lot better. It's like a combination between Spinda's Cafe and Sky Gifts.

Basically, you don't need the Friend Areas to recruit Pokemon, but if you have it, you will find your recruits in the proper area. Here you can give gummis to increase not just their IQ, but also stats, like Rescue Team did, but you may also get gifts from your recruits as well.

Though to be honest, I doubt Friend Areas are coming back. Because I doubt they would this idea, and it is very restricting.
#5RoccoRedPosted 9/20/2012 8:53:32 AM
I sure do!

And Angel that would be me lol
---
Xbox Live: KeroTenu
PKMN FC: 5415-5334-2248
#6Czar_YoshiPosted 9/20/2012 1:27:47 PM
Swagodile posted...
I preferred them over the Chimecho Assembly. Only thing I didn't like was having to pay absurd amounts of money for them. I think it'd be best if you unlocked them by simply recruiting a Pokemon that lived there.

I actually liked the prices. What I didn't like was trying to find a particular pokemon that I was trying to add to my team.
#7DarkHeroRavenPosted 9/21/2012 12:16:20 AM
No

I'd rather not have to go combing friend areas every time I wanted to add a Pokemon to the team rather than just going through a list and picking any of them straight from that
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#8LanLan12345Posted 9/21/2012 1:22:48 AM
Yes, I would love for Friend Areas to return.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2795-6769-8619
#9advancewarsnutPosted 9/23/2012 12:43:14 PM
DarkHeroRaven posted...
No

I'd rather not have to go combing friend areas every time I wanted to add a Pokemon to the team rather than just going through a list and picking any of them straight from that

Or you could just open the menu in any Friend Area of your choice, click "Friend", then pick the teammate in question straight from a list.

If you can't find them in a given area, then you've probably been a very busy recruiter and should be able to tell individual Pokemon apart just by looking at them at that point...
---
You know, in Japanese, the Wii 2 would be called the Wii Nii... -NikP1
#10AngelPeachPosted 9/23/2012 12:47:45 PM
Honestly, the assembly is much easier. All you need to do is talk to one Pokemon, then you go down a list and chose. It's easier than having to go to a Friend Area and get them that way. Heck, a list through Friend Areas would be a bit tedious, because then you have to pick an area, and then go through another list just to pick one.

Sure when you get a lot of recruits, the list at the assembly gets pretty long, can't deny that. But I'd rather one long list than a lot of short ones.