Rate my idea out of 10: giant houses.

#1_Unowninator_Posted 9/23/2012 7:02:40 PM
See description below. - Results (46 votes)
8.7% (4 votes)
4.35% (2 votes)
15.22% (7 votes)
30.43% (14 votes)
6.52% (3 votes)
8.7% (4 votes)
2.17% (1 votes)
6.52% (3 votes)
6.52% (3 votes)
0 or 1
10.87% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A giant house would be as random as a monster house. You enter a room, but instead of many small Pokemon, it's one giant Poke'mon, that take up 9 squares (3x3). What makes it different from other Pokemon is:

-They take up 9 squares instead of one (as I already mentioned).
-They have Palkia's Absolute mover IQ where they can break down the walls and walk on any terrain
-Their stats are 3x normal.
-They can't be recruited.
-Its attacks will damage other enemies as well as you.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#2ZERO2936Posted 9/23/2012 7:11:51 PM
That gets a 7 from me. It would be cool, but annoying.
---
Official Magnezone of the PMD: Managate and the Infinite Labyrinth Boards
#3AzurinaiPosted 9/23/2012 7:32:35 PM
3x Normal would be insane, you would not be able to hurt it at all until very late game, and by it's size you better pray it's not covering the stairs. If it's like monster houses, then 0-8 per dungeon would be quite challenging/annoying.

I give it an 8.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#4AngelPeachPosted 9/23/2012 7:40:08 PM
Gets a 2 from me. For one thing, I don't think it fits the genre, and it would be way too annoying. That and aside from certain parts, that just sounds like an annoying boss fight.

As for a giant Pokemon, I don't think that works well since all Pokemon have a distinct size. If there were Pokemon of that size, who weren't that big to begin with, I'd be a bit worried. I'm not counting the anime when I say that, since I know there were 'giant' Pokemon, but they weren't even real Pokemon.

My final complaint is that, while challenging, this seems more like a way to annoy the player. When I play, I want to get through a dungeon, and not have to worry about some giant Pokemon coming in and practically killing me before I can reach the stairs. Sure I can accept losing and then trying again, but to lose to something like that would be frustrating, especially if it happens multiple times.
#5Czar_YoshiPosted 9/23/2012 9:49:44 PM
Only if they were confined to particular dungeons/didn't appear until you've beaten the main game. And I'd rather you gave them 1.5x attack stats, 1x defenses, and 10x HP, because otherwise they'd be huge reviver seed hogs. Having your stats tripled = having your level tripled = fighting a lv100 with Absolute Mover at lv33 = Game Over. Honestly I see no reason not to rob Keckleon shops if you could be randomly accosted by the same thing anyway.

Other than that, it's a fabulous idea and I'm all for it.
#6Darkfire208Posted 9/24/2012 12:31:03 AM
I will give this an 8 only if it is beatable. If its invincible it would be stupid. Also, I don't know about the whole size thing. I know what you mean by covering many squares, but I think it having Time Tripper would be a better idea.
#7Ice_Dragon14Posted 9/24/2012 9:35:55 AM
6 for the 3x stats. Would earn a 8 if it was 1.5-2x
---
Official Snivy of the B2W2 boards
CR Nuzlocke: 32 badges, 4 Champions (Meganium, Furret, Magneton, Primeape, Poliwhirl, Espeon) 37 Pokemon lost. Lv.43-61
#8Ice_Dragon14Posted 9/24/2012 9:38:07 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
Only if they were confined to particular dungeons/didn't appear until you've beaten the main game. And I'd rather you gave them 1.5x attack stats, 1x defenses, and 10x HP, because otherwise they'd be huge reviver seed hogs. Having your stats tripled = having your level tripled = fighting a lv100 with Absolute Mover at lv33 = Game Over. Honestly I see no reason not to rob Keckleon shops if you could be randomly accosted by the same thing anyway.

Other than that, it's a fabulous idea and I'm all for it.

Haha, this reminds me in some mystery dungeon game Chocobo's Dungeon for the PS1 I believe I robbed the in-dungeo shop since the stairs were nearby. On the way to the stairs, I triggered a trap that killed all monsters in the room. Leveled up like 5 times
---
Official Snivy of the B2W2 boards
CR Nuzlocke: 32 badges, 4 Champions (Meganium, Furret, Magneton, Primeape, Poliwhirl, Espeon) 37 Pokemon lost. Lv.43-61
#9Lunar_NallPosted 9/24/2012 2:00:42 PM
me likey that Idea, but I would like to have super bosses implemented with the stats like those. I've always been a fan of super bosses.
#10FlamingCheetahPosted 9/24/2012 2:22:38 PM
Huh, I thought you meant those one-room monster houses in PMD1 in Silver Trench.
Anywho, I give your idea a 5, mainly cause I'm on the fence of whether it will work or not. It might be interesting, but battling a Pokemon with 999 HP is not something I consider fun, especially with 3x defenses than normal.
---
Official Reshiram of the PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth board!