I changed my mind about using Axew.

#11banjo kazooie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:53:58 PM
Polimario posted...
Dragon Dance.

Simply set up a Dragon Dance the moment you hit a floor with opposite-gendered Pokemon, and you'll be good.

But you get it so late...
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#12danmiy12Posted 10/6/2012 7:34:04 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
Polimario posted...
Dragon Dance.

Simply set up a Dragon Dance the moment you hit a floor with opposite-gendered Pokemon, and you'll be good.

But you get it so late...

lv32 isn't late its around mid-game or if you are speedrunning for some reason mid-late game...and you can use it more then 1 time to get really high attack which shouldnt be hard as that also is improving your speed as well...lastly its pp is really high more then agility you can abuse that more then agility and hopefully break the game <like I did back in sky once I got dragonite>...

Also we dont know what IQ group it is in <if IQ groups are done again> it might get aggressor which in turn makes it really strong against same gender and makes up for that attack drop against the opposite gender...
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
Official Shaymin of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth
#13AngelPeachPosted 10/8/2012 6:07:43 AM
I made a mistake after replaying parts of the game again just recently, and I acknowledge that. But going on the actual topic this time, Rivalry is the reason I don't like playing as a Shinx.

However, I honestly feel that there will still be two abilities per Pokemon if they have that many of course. Even the Rescue Team games has some Pokemon with two abilities, like Psyduck for instance.

That being said, while I can't say much for Shinx, I'm pretty sure Axew's secondary ability, Mold Breaker, should help even things out a little. Sure the damage won't be consistent in certain areas, but if you can protect yourself from some of the abilities that other Pokemon have, I think that balances it out.

And while I can't personally vouch for Shinx, I know there are many out there who think he is a good starter despite that ability. I can't see why Axew would be any different.
#14Blazekicker27Posted 10/8/2012 6:53:07 AM
AngelPeach posted...
And while I can't personally vouch for Shinx, I know there are many out there who think he is a good starter despite that ability.

I'm one of them :)
---
Blaziken - the ORIGINAL Fire/Fighting starter. Official Blaziken of the PMD3 board.
Life wouldn't be the same without music. Agreers: 5