Just realized something for Sephiroth

#1habbox77Posted 1/27/2013 3:01:35 PM
Seeing as how in the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts there is an added cutscene with Cloud and Sephiroth. which means they'd have to get George Newbern in to do those lines, anyone else think they'll completely change all of Lance Bass' voice work for Newbern's?

Sort of late to the party I know, haven't seen this discussed lately though.
---
IGN: Tenabrus
PSN: Jet_Cobra
#2DawnAgentPosted 1/27/2013 3:04:58 PM
Said cut scene was in text only. And frankly even if it is still in text, they should replace Lance Bass since his voice does not fit Sephiroth at all.
#3booyaka619Posted 1/27/2013 4:58:56 PM
Didn't they say they're redoing that scene to have voice over?
---
Steam: RGK [NO!] -- PSN: RGKprod
Not changing this sig until in-game Half-Life 2: Episode Three, or Half-Life 3 footage is released. - Started 7/1/12
#4KisaiPosted 1/27/2013 5:33:34 PM
When Sephiroth was given a voice for the first time from Lance Bass, that voice was actually the sort of voice I heard in my head when reading his lines in FFVII. I thought that voice was perfect.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#5MM125Posted 1/27/2013 5:47:01 PM
I prefer Newbern, but I never thought Bass was bad.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#6ThamauturgePosted 1/27/2013 6:34:18 PM
I don't get the hate for Bass. I thought his Sephiroth was pretty good. It at least wasn't as generically villainous as George Newbern's.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#7KisaiPosted 1/27/2013 6:43:41 PM
Thamauturge posted...
It at least wasn't as generically villainous as George Newbern's.

THIS. One of the reasons I don't really like the new Sephiroth voice. It's a bit too generic and cliche. Which is fine for the one-dimensional way he's portrayed in Dissidia and Advent Children, but in FFVII, when I read Sephiroth's lines, I got the feel that he was just sort of an ordinary guy, just REALLY good at what he does. And you get some of that "ordinary guy" vibe from the way he reacts to all the reports in the Shinra Mansion during Cloud's re-telling of his past. He seemed sort of like a confused, uncertain individual that was driven a little crazy from what he learned.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#8Vado_UNPosted 1/27/2013 7:29:28 PM
Newbern gives Sephiroth no personality.
---
"Heads start boppin' like who's this? Vado, that dude spits/
Sharper than steak knives from Ruth's Chris" - Vado
#9WhataRecchPosted 1/27/2013 10:53:23 PM
Are people really dissing Newbern but praising Bass?! Really?! Some people need a smack. Seriously.
#10habbox77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:59:29 PM
WhataRecch posted...
Are people really dissing Newbern but praising Bass?! Really?! Some people need a smack. Seriously.

The problem is where we have heard Newbern regularly speaking as Sephiroth all we have heard from Bass is grunts and a few lines of dialogue which I should point out his audio was slightly enhanced/manipulated to sound different when he actually spoke some lines in combat.
---
IGN: Tenabrus
PSN: Jet_Cobra