Just realized something for Sephiroth

#11KMAnsemPosted 1/27/2013 10:05:32 PM
I think they're both very good for their respective interpretations.

Bass portrays Sephiroth as airy, ethereal, and a little bit effeminate -- none of which, let's face it, is out of character. I buy this Sephiroth as the sensitive soul who's crushed by the truth of his creation, the obsessive mama's boy, the one who'll come to fancy himself an angel and a savior.

Newbern, on the other hand, portrays him as stoic, strong, and arrogant. I buy this Sephiroth as the legendary war hero of SOLDIER, the dark figure haunting the recesses of Cloud's mind, the fearless apparition who quietly declares that he never be just a memory.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#12Reaper_ExEPosted 1/28/2013 9:53:58 AM
Thamauturge posted...
I don't get the hate for Bass. I thought his Sephiroth was pretty good. It at least wasn't as generically villainous as George Newbern's.

---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#13chaosflame108Posted 1/28/2013 6:17:09 PM
THIS. One of the reasons I don't really like the new Sephiroth voice. It's a bit too generic and cliche. Which is fine for the one-dimensional way he's portrayed in Dissidia and Advent Children, but in FFVII, when I read Sephiroth's lines, I got the feel that he was just sort of an ordinary guy, just REALLY good at what he does. And you get some of that "ordinary guy" vibe from the way he reacts to all the reports in the Shinra Mansion during Cloud's re-telling of his past. He seemed sort of like a confused, uncertain individual that was driven a little crazy from what he learned.

Have you played Crisis Core? Newberns portrayal of "Hero" Sephiroth is very different from his villain persona.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#14AtnevonPosted 2/1/2013 7:08:26 PM
I used to post anti-Bass things until I actually heard his battle quotes. He did a good job.
#15slmcknettPosted 2/1/2013 10:38:56 PM
Lance Bass probably would've been more liked if he'd played the character more. There's definitely nothing wrong per say about his performance.

But I agree about Newbern sounding like a really generic villain. I just watched Thama's Dissidia voice rip for him, and he sounds like a robot through most of it.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#16Whats_Up4444Posted 2/3/2013 10:11:04 PM
Crisis Core Seph is best Seph. >_>
---
Oh no! My http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/570198-basketball-nightmare/ ! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!