What are the chances that KH3 will still come to the ps3 since the ps4 is on its

#21DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/3/2013 3:59:01 PM
KMAnsem posted...
Even if it is the same engine it won't get done in a year, it's going to take atleast 2 years. If SE does make it for the PS3 I have to say that is really stupid on their part.

Because, of course, you know better than an actual game company with actual experience and actual marketing people working for them. Naturally.

Listen KMA, I don't know much about game development but I know enough to see the logic that it's impossible for a PS3 KH game to be done in 1 year, releasing a game on a last gen console when it's already at least 2-3 years into next gen it pretty ridiculous, I don't know how many times I have to say that.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#22fuzzyhunter0608Posted 2/3/2013 4:55:31 PM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
KMAnsem posted...
Even if it is the same engine it won't get done in a year, it's going to take atleast 2 years. If SE does make it for the PS3 I have to say that is really stupid on their part.

Because, of course, you know better than an actual game company with actual experience and actual marketing people working for them. Naturally.

Listen KMA, I don't know much about game development but I know enough to see the logic that it's impossible for a PS3 KH game to be done in 1 year, releasing a game on a last gen console when it's already at least 2-3 years into next gen it pretty ridiculous, I don't know how many times I have to say that.

Except really, it's not. Plenty of games come out after the next generation has been out for a while, and there are plenty of reasons tas for why that would be the case. The unity of the series on one console is just one.
---
"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." - John Steinbeck
#23DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/3/2013 5:07:02 PM
fuzzyhunter0608 posted...
KMAnsem posted...

Except really, it's not. Plenty of games come out after the next generation has been out for a while, and there are plenty of reasons tas for why that would be the case. The unity of the series on one console is just one.

Think what you want but I do not think it will come out on the PS3. Really I don't see how people could think that with the state Versus is in, but hey think what you want.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#24DawnAgentPosted 2/3/2013 7:09:37 PM
SE would be wise to release KH3 on a concurrent console. KH series no longer sells as powerfully well as it used to. So releasing a last gen game of a series that isn't as popular as it used to be sounds like a very stupid idea. Even those rip off con artist bastards from the Nippon Ichi company knew to make Disgaea 3 a PS3 game even though that game used PS1 sprites for god's sake and still had the nerve to charge 60 bucks for that game. Disgusting.
#25Jak13Posted 2/3/2013 7:14:21 PM

Think what you want but I do not think it will come out on the PS3. Really I don't see how people could think that with the state Versus is in, but hey think what you want.

The thing is, you don't know the state Versus is in. No one does. SE haven't shown the game in over 2 years. It could be coming out this Fall as far as anyone knows. I'm not saying it will, but you never know.
---
"Ganondorf needs to forget everything he's ever learned about tennis and train to become a competent sword fighter." - RATTfink138
#26HitagiPosted 2/4/2013 7:36:04 AM
Anyone who thinks KHIII will be on the PS3 is delusional

Yep.
#27iambashoPosted 2/4/2013 10:08:10 AM

Except, the thing is that nearly all of the creative work is already done and with the engine done all they have to do is program the models on the physical end, something that can get done in a month by a team of experienced people. I guarantee Nomura has all of the story and the worlds planned out, leaving just the soundtrack and voice recording, plus an extra month or two for bureaucratic bull. They did DDD from essentially scratch in 14 months, so with all of the work done already we're looking at 7-10 months of development at most. Now, I'm not saying it WILL be done this effeciently, just that it is far from impossible as you claim.
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#28HitagiPosted 2/4/2013 10:20:36 AM
Please tell me that wasn't a serious post.
#29Le_DerpstickPosted 2/4/2013 11:26:04 AM(edited)
lol the guy not understanding that kma was talking business perspective and thinking he meant develop time
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#30RainiermanPosted 2/4/2013 11:41:03 AM
Well, if the PS4 isn't backward compatible, it could still get a KH Re:Ultra Mega Mix Collection, and get both 1.5 and 2.5 together.

So I don't think the PS4 makes a difference, to be honest. they can continue with their schedule and it will work out for KH's remakes alright.
---
Official Rainierman of..! ... eh... Gamefaqs I guess...