When do we usually get localization info?

#1ThamauturgePosted 2/5/2013 2:58:06 PM
Think we might get the announcement at Destination PlayStation? Surely they wont wait until E3
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#2Hirokey123Posted 2/5/2013 4:36:20 PM
I can very easily see them wait til E-3 I mean it's only a couple months away.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#3habbox77Posted 2/5/2013 4:39:46 PM
E3 because that is when most big anouncements happen and SE is no stranger to it, although it will probably be confirmed to show at E3 much sooner,
---
IGN: Tenabrus
PSN: Jet_Cobra
#4slmcknettPosted 2/5/2013 6:29:33 PM
Probably after the Japanese release.

Definitely E3.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#5Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:50:33 PM
I can very easily see them wait til E-3 I mean it's only a couple months away.

A few months? That's almost half a year away.

If it is announced at E3 (and not just shown off) for release in Q3 then that is just sad. 90% of the game is already completely translated and they have about minimal work to do for the localization. There is no possible good reason for this to release late this year when Japan gets it Q1.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#6KMAnsemPosted 2/5/2013 9:00:34 PM
If it is announced at E3 (and not just shown off) for release in Q3 then that is just sad. 90% of the game is already completely translated and they have about minimal work to do for the localization. There is no possible good reason for this to release late this year when Japan gets it Q1.

It's called business. Release dates are not and never will be determined solely by how much work the translation takes.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#7Nextgengamer666Posted 2/6/2013 2:54:34 AM
KMAnsem posted...

It's called business. Release dates are not and never will be determined solely by how much work the translation takes.

He's got a point though. All they had to for localization was just translate the text and do the VA work for the Days movie. This is the one game in the KH series that had the best shot for a simultaneous worldwide release and of course it's squandered. /rant
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#8fuzzyhunter0608Posted 2/6/2013 2:13:51 PM(edited)
Nextgengamer666 posted...
KMAnsem posted...

He's got a point though. All they had to for localization was just translate the text and do the VA work for the Days movie. This is the one game in the KH series that had the best shot for a simultaneous worldwide release and of course it's squandered. /rant

Realistically, though, that's all they ever have to do. Most games added a bit of content, as well, but it could have been the same amount of work. Less, even, because this is 3 games worth (although, they have been translated before, so...)
---
"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." - John Steinbeck
#9Nextgengamer666Posted 2/6/2013 3:28:56 PM
fuzzyhunter0608 posted...
Nextgengamer666 posted...
KMAnsem posted...

Realistically, though, that's all they ever have to do. Most games added a bit of content, as well, but it could have been the same amount of work. Less, even, because this is 3 games worth (although, they have been translated before, so...)

But the fact the text from KH FM can be translated in a day or so and it's the same Re: CoM that was released for ps2. The Days movie shouldn't take too long to VA and create the subtitles for. This could have had a simultaneous release. Either way, it'll sell well. KH (in any form) has been long overdue for PS3.
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#10Mister_RuckPosted 2/6/2013 10:28:13 PM
I didn't know you guys were part of a localization team. What games have you worked on?
---
sent from my cellular device