defender

#1TacoknightPosted 9/18/2013 5:51:38 PM
So I just resigned myself to grinding out the defender shield. I have lucky strike on everyone and just got encounter plus and planned on making an evening of it in the third district. I just got it on the 4th enemy I killed and I feel like I just won the lottery. Now watch me try for three straight days to get my wizards relic...
#2ShineboltPosted 9/18/2013 6:01:17 PM
Tacoknight posted...
So I just resigned myself to grinding out the defender shield. I have lucky strike on everyone and just got encounter plus and planned on making an evening of it in the third district. I just got it on the 4th enemy I killed and I feel like I just won the lottery. Now watch me try for three straight days to get my wizards relic...

And every Defender you kill will drop a shield, and so will the wizards when you finally get their weapon. :)
---
Take this post seriously at your own risk.
#3IrishSpectre_N7Posted 9/18/2013 6:04:01 PM(edited)
Took me forever to get the shield, and when it did two of them dropped in the same battle. The wizard welic I got shortly after those heartless appeared in the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ySRZ2DJ.png
#4SealBladePosted 9/18/2013 6:07:44 PM
I got a WR before my first Shiny Crystal. A good 10-15 hours later and still no Defender.
---
Crusnik 02, Nanomachine activate...80% -Abel Nightroad
PS3 ID: CruxisNightroad WKC ID: Seraphim
#5Tacoknight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 1:19:08 PM
Well law of averages is doin its thing on me now. I just finished grinding powerwilds for shards and it took me an hour and a half to collect just 4 of them :p
#6CaptainLukaPosted 9/19/2013 1:20:58 PM
Luka's Wizard's Relics Surplus has just what you need, friend. We're also selling Defender Shields now.
---
PSN - Tyrannikos / 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix, Mario Kart 7
#7RGPanznerPosted 9/19/2013 1:36:57 PM
Surprising I got the shield without even trying to. Maybe my 4 or 5th defender enemy on my first visit to HB. Wizard relic got on first trip also. Must've been lucky as hell. Cause I remember grinding for those before.
---
PSN ID: HippeusOmega
Currently Playing: KH 1.5 Remix, Diablo 3, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR
#8ThamauturgePosted 9/19/2013 2:16:09 PM
I was lucky and got both of them by just playing through the story. Good thing I picked the shield and got Lucky Strike extremely early
---
There must be strong, unwavering justice. And there must be fear to enforce that justice -Romeo Guildenstern, Vagrant Story
PSN: Thamauturge
#9KOTRsssPosted 9/19/2013 2:54:36 PM
Make sure you completely exit the game and re-enter if you havent had luck after an hour or so. The RNG in older games can be pretty screwy sometimes.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#10Junta_JastPosted 9/19/2013 4:33:19 PM
Defender #280. It's about time
---
Current waifu: Fang (FFXIII) http://psnprofiles.com/Junta--Jast
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden / Arena, P3P, KH1.5 HD ReMix, Dead Space 3