Finally made Ultima Weapon

#1artenuga54Posted 12/18/2013 8:27:20 PM
After nearly 14 hours of meticulous synth item grinding from special heartless and stubborn heartless who just won't drop their Lucid/Shining/Bright Crystals, I finally did it. So worth it. I like how they made getting the ultimate weapon so hard to get, it just makes finally seeing that you're able to synthesize it all the sweeter
---
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189/artenuga54/pkmn_zps0a2d78c9.gif
#2Havic101Posted 12/18/2013 8:49:32 PM
Didn't think it took that long just to get the materials for Ultima Weapon. I must have already had most of what I needed after beating the final boss, cause it only took me somewhere in the 5 hour range. Guess I was just lucky.

Good job though. Happy for you. Now go beat the crap out of those Bonus Bosses and demolish the Hades Cup.
---
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/src/1386339171992.gif
Playing - Persona 4
#3jannedaarc1Posted 12/18/2013 8:56:30 PM
This is always the biggest accomplishment in the game for me. I always feel like I am happiest with that weapon. Good for you!
#4LightOfJudgmentPosted 12/18/2013 9:08:33 PM
Havic101 posted...
Didn't think it took that long just to get the materials for Ultima Weapon. I must have already had most of what I needed after beating the final boss, cause it only took me somewhere in the 5 hour range. Guess I was just lucky.

Good job though. Happy for you. Now go beat the crap out of those Bonus Bosses and demolish the Hades Cup.

Making everything else so that it shows up is the main issue. It's not even that hard to get the materials for the weapon itself. The length of time it takes is generally dependent on how lucky you are with Crystal drops.
---
Find your own worth and you'll surely never lose it, for that which comes from within is that of which one can be truly and absolutely certain.
#5Havic101Posted 12/18/2013 9:24:06 PM
LightOfJudgment posted...
Havic101 posted...

Making everything else so that it shows up is the main issue. It's not even that hard to get the materials for the weapon itself. The length of time it takes is generally dependent on how lucky you are with Crystal drops.

Well that explains it. I'd been synthesizing everything I could from the start. By the time I got to the Final Rest Ultima Weapon was the only thing left that I wanted from there.
---
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/src/1386339171992.gif
Playing - Persona 4
#6Prism WeaponPosted 12/19/2013 1:20:06 AM
Can't wait til I get mine >.<
#7f1madmanPosted 12/19/2013 3:00:55 AM
Took me waaaay too long. Never again! Didn't feel it was worth it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8falconesquePosted 12/19/2013 7:42:48 AM
Next time around, choose the dream shield (give up the sword) and choose party members for their Lucky Strike and other farming abilities. Sora learning his Lucky Strike around about Deep Jungle (LV 24 in KH-FM; LV 15 in KH) cuts way down on end-game farming for commonplace synthesis materials.

It (understandably) feels longest and most tedious if the dream sword was chosen show of hands? since the player needs to make-do with only one or two Lucky Strikes, especially when not aiming for LV 100. Three makes a huge difference, and with Bambi too. At least Donald learns his a little quicker.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#9ZEXEPosted 12/20/2013 9:58:10 AM
Havic101 posted...

they went and changed some of the recipes for items to new materials dropped by the new enemies thats what makes it take so long
---
"well, if there's one thing Ive learned in all my years of internet, it's that people...well people arent smart"-Lost7th