Not missing something with the ranger, am I?(Inferno solo Difficulties)

#11Toho2Posted 4/26/2014 12:44:14 PM
Well if we'e talking about solo online play, why would you even do it! Have 2 or 3 more people in your room.
---
Storm 1 was Master Chief before Master Chief was cool. Storm 1 IS the original Master Chief!
YouTube: JLP GAMER
#12ninebreaker47Posted 4/26/2014 12:54:47 PM
Toho2 posted...
Well if we'e talking about solo online play, why would you even do it! Have 2 or 3 more people in your room.

Sometimes you cant find any decent players for your games and/or have no friends online or they are busy and/or just can't find players quickly in general.

It would be nice to just start an online game by yourself so your not waiting around bored but Inferno enemies with a 3x multiplier VS just you means there is no point because unless your on the first few stages then the reality is its just going to be to much to handle. This is likely the case on a lot of the stages on lower difficulties as well due to the weapon/armor limits.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#13chemfanatic10(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 5:22:02 PM
Yeah, there's no way I'd attempt it in online play, solo. I was doing this offline. Made progress up to like 84% of the levels done, but I gave up and carried the ranger through them with my air raider. After spending so much time on it I wasn't going to wait till I brought up a wing diver or a fencer. Had little to no trouble(aside from The Threat) pushing him through.

I'm not really sure what the problem I was having with him was. It was kind of disheartening to see my air raider vehicle-less, with a mere 3k health, clearing enemies out left and right while my ranger could barely put a dent in groups at nearly 5k. Got the rest of his weapons, and while most did help a little, it wasn't enough to turn the tide in his favor.

I think the big issue is that the ranger probably does need a distraction to be able to do damage and keep the enemies at bay. A lot of the air raiders weapons are set it and forget it options so you can spend more time dodging. You can fire off the wires and then roll while it reloads and still do damage. The turrets are self-explanatory, though I don't think they're useful on every level. The ranger can't dodge and deal damage at the same time. It's one or the other. Also, I don't think the ranger had a way to deal with drop ships easily and the like. An air raider can take them down with a few complete clips on some of his limpet guns or a railgun. He also had those options for Hectors. Killing anything with the ranger that had a lot of health was a pain.

I still think I was missing something, but I'm just glad I bit the bullet and dragged the ranger through with someone else.
---
"Familiarity with any great thing removes our awe of it."
3DS FC: 3738-0774-0909 GT: ArcImpulse0
#14euchre05Posted 5/4/2014 9:19:55 AM
The enemies do deal more damage and have more health in Solo Online play. 3 times more to be exact. It is stupid...

My friends and I wondered about this as well. We kinda just chalked it up to the Borderlands 2 saying... "The creatures of Pandora grow stronger..."
#15RycerXPosted 5/4/2014 9:54:05 AM
Diablo's minions grow stronger!
#16GBB_DoramascherPosted 5/12/2014 10:56:19 AM
You're missing the Stampede series, the Super Acid Gun and the Magma Cannon.
---
"My tool is a sword of justice!"
"Well here's what happens when you bring a sword to a toolfight!"