Which EDF did you like best?

#31Humanoid_SharksPosted 5/22/2014 3:59:24 AM
Toho2 posted...
Humanoid_Sharks posted...
I see IA isn't getting much love. It isn't as good as 2017 or 2025, but I still had more fun with it than I did with a lot of games.

Care to share why? I never liked the seriousness or fact that there wasn't much of a fun atmosphere in IA.

Not much of a reason, really. It isn't anywhere near the level of fun I had with the other two games, but it is a hell of a lot more fun than I had with most the cinematic bore fests that AAA manufacturers spit out. IA's unlock system was stupid, the levels were poorly planned out, and it really didn't have too much to it. Even so, I'd still pick it over the last Batman game, or that hilariously overrated Bioshock Infinite.

At least IA was a bit of fun, which is something gaming sorely lacks these days. It isn't that IA is a good game, its that the alternatives are worse.

That's what I think, anyway. Give me games like EDF or Lollipop Chainsaw over Dishonored or Assassin's Creed any day. At the very least, I'll have a modicum of fun.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#32geckothelizardPosted 6/2/2014 2:59:41 AM
mildly upsetting that IA has a similar number of votes to 2017. i found IA to be totally devoid of fun, charm, variety or depth. i don't know why it exists!

2025 is great but it's a shame the first 40 or so levels are basically a re-hash of 2017. it's also a shame that none of the cool new enemies from GDF have made it into this game (rolling bugs, mirror ships, centipede, etc), as the new enemy types in 2025 are a bit whatever. that said, it's still got everything that made 2017 good, and the online stuff is perfect.
#33SlapInTheFacePosted 6/14/2014 4:52:41 PM(edited)
2017 > 2025 >>>>>> IA

You can tell there's a big difference between 2017 and 2025 just by playing and comparing the very first level of each. In 2017 the bugs are smarter and more aggressive and focus on you a lot more than your extra soldiers. The first level of 2017 is just mayhem and it's amazing. You start shooting at the ants and then they come charging in, and they really swarm you and surround you. In the first level of 2025 you can basically just stand back and shoot at the bugs from a distance because they mostly concentrate on your extra soldiers who are out in front. The ants don't swarm you so much. Instead they just haphazardly walk around all over the place, and maybe if you walk right in front of them then they'll stop and maybe charge you. It's a bit odd that they did that with the game, but it does change the feel and it took away a lot of the fun and crazy mayhem of 2017.

Once you get much further into 2025 there are definitely plenty of levels where the bugs do swarm you, but it still often lacks that same level of mayhem that 2017 had.

IA on the other hand, is pure crap. There's almost no fun there.

I would strongly recommend everyone import EDF2. There's a game that captures the magic of 2017, but with more levels, new bugs, and 2 classes.
#34TentionPosted 6/15/2014 9:30:57 PM
2017 is just classic to me, but 2025 is better in just about every way. even though the sense of scale and sheer outlandishness is missing in IA, the armor classes were far more balanced and usable than they are in 2025. 2025 is definitely the best of the bunch, even with it's technical issues.