Easy Was Too Hard

#1OKRecords1138Posted 4/28/2014 5:41:51 AM
I was playing online with a couple people over the weekend who had clearly been carried through a handful of the higher end levels because they were so very proud of their level 70+ weapons, yet only had a couple hundred armor. The problem with this was that I was playing on easy mode to percentage build, and thus they couldn't utilize said weapons.

As the mission started, it was rather humorous to hear the upset comments flood over my headset as these noobs died almost immediately, then proceeded to complain that it was too hard. That's right - it was too hard for them on easy. Before the mission was even over, which we did win thanks to the two of us there who actually had the health and weapons to play, one of the guys complaining left the game/room.

What a terrible position to be in when playing a game. Easy is too hard because you haven't bothered playing the game on the lower difficulties to build your health and stock up on weapons from the beginning of the game, yet you can't play inferno either because while you have the higher end stuff, one hit will knock you back to last week. These people have essentially rendered online play impossible for themselves until they go back to the first level and actually start playing properly.

Funny or tragic? Maybe a little bit of both.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#2iceman505Posted 4/28/2014 7:42:01 AM
The "limits" placed on armor, and weapons in online multi was a very poor decision. Only forcing even more grinding, on a game that requires a vast amount of it as it is. Armor, and weapons should carry over between offline, and online without artificial limitations. At the very least they could have made it to where weapons could only be unlocked offline, this would have prevented the noobs wanting to be carried to better weapons by those who have put in work, rather than earning them their own damn selves.

I seem to see quite a few complaints about that reading through older topics. Then again, I don't care too much, as I didn't buy this for the online, or even to play as anything other than Ranger. I had wanted "2017 2" since first playing 2017 back in '08, so to speak, and I got it, so I'm good. The 2:1 armor pickup ratio pisses me off though.
---
Xbox Nation
#3OKRecords1138(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:49:09 AM
I don't think anyone would play this game online if you could only unlock weapons offline. That to me would seem like yet another pointless limitation that the developers were impossing.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#4ninebreaker47Posted 4/28/2014 8:25:12 AM
OKRecords1138 posted...
I don't think anyone would play this game online if you could only unlock weapons offline. That to me would seem like yet another pointless limitation that the developers were impossing.

I agree. Even If they did that then the offline completion % would have to also affect your online completion %. Otherwise it be a complete waste of everyones time.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#5diony69Posted 4/28/2014 10:19:14 AM
This anecdote just goes to show that farming isn't a substitute for actual skill and familiarity with the missions and the enemies.
#6unnamedFerPosted 4/28/2014 10:32:36 AM
Funny because they are retarded, no amount of blaming on the game can justify them.
Ive gone trough this hellish kind of players while playing Monster Hunter 3 so I have absolutely no pity for them.
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#7OKRecords1138(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 10:38:39 AM
I've found farming to be a waste of time in general. Just playing the game from start to finish on the various difficulties has garnered me enough armor and weapons to play the game just fine. Sure, I die here and there...and everywhere...But, for the most part I can hold my own on all the difficulties just fine, even with the lame armor restrictions in the lower levels.
---
#8Toho2Posted 4/28/2014 11:00:17 AM
Why can't level completion rates carry over from offline to online? Why?! Armor and weapons do, so why not levels? You shouldn't be penalized for playing through the game once by yourself, then having to do it over again just to get a completion rate to enable free weapon and armor when it's easier to do that in single-play. What the heck.
---
Storm 1 was Master Chief before Master Chief was cool. Storm 1 IS the original Master Chief!
YouTube: JLP GAMER
#9diony69Posted 4/28/2014 11:57:16 AM
Toho2 posted...
Why can't level completion rates carry over from offline to online? Why?!

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I can deal with the weapon/armor limits, but this was just silly. Like you said, the game already shares weapons and armor between online and offline, so it should be trivial to do the same with the completion rate.

I spent my first 70 or so hours in the game completing all of Hard offline with my WD, before I even ventured into the online mode at all and discovered this weapon/armor limit, the completion rate, and how it all works together. If I had known about this silly setup from the get-go, I would've just started the game playing online from the very beginning. As it is now, however, I feel like I wasted my first 70 hours. It's just really stupid, imo.

Still hasn't kept me from pouring almost 400 hours altogether into the game by now, since I still love it so much, but I'd still like those initial 70 hours back.
#10iceman505Posted 4/28/2014 3:17:26 PM
OKRecords1138 posted...

Touche, my friend, touche.
---
Xbox Nation