So wait. HOW do weapon drops work, exactly?

#1DylaniusPosted 5/29/2014 12:12:40 PM
I wonder if anyone is here to answer questions?

I know that there are weapon lists online but I dont want to spoil the names/their functions because to me, finding incredibly crazy weapons is literally half of the fun of the game.

I found a post on gamefaqs about weapon drops and I dont quite follow the wording the OP uses.

The range is much much wider in Hardest and Inferno. But it still drops higher level weapons as well.

-For hardest its

First level drop rate: 0-45

Last level drop rate: 20-75

-For Inferno it is

First level drop rate:0-50

Last level drop rate: 40-100

The ranges are a lot wider then Easy through Hard modes where:

Easy has a 4 level spread

Normal has a 4 level spread

Hard has a 12 level spread

Hardest has a 45-55 level spread

Inferno has a 50-60 level spread

So... What is he saying? Im playing through Normal difficulty solo with my ranger and the highest weapon level I've found (as of mission ~30) is about level 7. Same goes for Normal multiplayer with my Fencer.

I got bored the other day and played the first level on regular old Hard Mode and the weapons I got were level 14 and 20. They absolutely completely blow any of my other fencer weapons out of the water but my problem is that I wont be able to use these high leveled things online yet... so it's all kind of a moot point as of right now.

It's frustrating trying to figure out how these weapon drops work. I kept getting the same three genuinely bad Fencer weapons from missions 20-25 on the Normal difficulty. I dont want to waste my time farming and getting the same drops over and over... Which has been my Fencer's situation until I shifted to Hard mode and actually got some truly nice, useable loot.

What the heck is going on? How does this even work? Should I just keep farming level 1 on hard for some level 7-10ish loot? Or just keep using really less-than-good weapons and try to rush to the higher levels and escape these lame drops?
#2ninebreaker47Posted 5/29/2014 12:26:34 PM
Depends on mission difficulty and stage #.

Lets say your on mission 30 on normal mode. The weapon drop range is around lv4 to lv8 weapons.

On normal mission 60. The weapon drop range is around lv13 to lv17 missions.

On hard mission 1. Its lv8 to lv20.

On inferno mission 1. Its lv0 to lv50.

So higher stages drop better loot while higher difficulties also drop better loot with a much larger weapon level range.

I got all that information from an Excel list created by GuvmentCheese here on the GameFaqs board. Check it out to give you a good idea of what to expect for your weapons level drops.

Excel File
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMFU1jQ797wRzItUFZsLTlBSzQ/edit?usp=sharing

I also posted that list in the Beginners Guide to EDF 2025 thread that i made.
---
"No mater how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." Posted using GameFlux
#3MabusIncarnatePosted 5/29/2014 12:32:44 PM
What I did in the very early stages of the game, play level 2 on Hardest, equip a rocket launcher and a shotgun, keep your distance, i'm talking keep walking backwards until you hit the back end of the map, and keep launching rockets into the swarms. If some start getting close to you, switch to shotgun, shoot, roll, shoot, roll, and hope you don't die.

It may take some practice, you are going to die a lot until you get a rhythm going, but once you are able to complete the level 3-4 times you get some respectable weapons that should be able to carry you for a while during the opening stages of the game until you get better and gain more armor.

I always like a solid Rocket Launcher, Sniper, and Shotgun, one for groups, one for close combat, and one for hectors/dropships and enemies similar.
#4Dylanius(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2014 12:34:33 PM
Ohhh okay I gotcha. I understand.

I have to admit, I had been to your "Every New Player" thread but only perused the excel sheet because I didn't want to spoil the weapon names and types. Thanks for your help!
#5RycerXPosted 6/13/2014 11:01:47 AM
Now that I'm down to my last five, the drop rate seems to have sunk to a near-negative percentile. And of course they're the ones I need most (Gungnir, Lysander Z, Epsilon E, Stampede XM and Rule of God). I've run Death Queen and Fallen Flagship at least 10 times each since I saw my last drop, and Battle to the Death 3-4 times for a good half an hour. Yet I've pulled plenty of other high level weapons like the Idunn-FF and Absolute Bunker multiple times.
#6Humanoid_SharksPosted 6/14/2014 4:03:25 AM
Mission 16 of the second DLC pack apparently doesn't have level limits on the drops right off the bat on any difficulty. At least, that is what I have gathered from what people say. Don't quote me on that.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#7Toho2Posted 6/14/2014 6:28:06 AM
Humanoid_Sharks posted...
Mission 16 of the second DLC pack apparently doesn't have level limits on the drops right off the bat on any difficulty. At least, that is what I have gathered from what people say. Don't quote me on that.

So you could be on normal and get a hard lvl weapon?
---
Remember those nuclear born creatures from the 50's? Giant insects and monsters? Well their back in EDF 2025.
EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!
#8RycerXPosted 6/17/2014 8:10:52 AM(edited)
I highly doubt that, and if it's true, the odds must be like one in a million to get a level ~90 on Easy. I'm grinding the f*** out of 2-16 along with 76, 82 and 88 from the main campaign and this game will NOT give up the Gungnir, Lysander Z or Rule of God, yet I keep pulling Lv92s like the XD and RZR over, and over, and over, and over. As a model pessimist, I consider myself prone to fairly bad luck, but this is ridiculous. I'm really beginning to wonder if the game puts the last few weapons on lockdown until you fulfill some other requirement, like completing 50% of Inferno with all classes or something.
#9zxektokPosted 6/20/2014 8:34:57 AM
RycerX posted...
I'm grinding the f*** out of 2-16 along with 76, 82 and 88 from the main campaign and this game will NOT give up the Gungnir, Lysander Z or Rule of God,

Dude you are missing the point
EVERY MISSION LESS THAN 71 ON INFERNO CANNOT drop level 90 weapons!!!!!

I have got every weapon in the game and it does take farming of the correct levels.
you want Gungnir (lvl 92), Lysander Z (lvl 90) or Rule of God (95)

so Death Queen 72 mission drops upto lvl 90 on inferno - thus you cannot get Rule of God (95) & Gungnir (lvl 92)

Fallen Flagship (77) is pretty easy on inferno- youtube it you can obtain upto 93 weapons on that level (but not Rule of God)

To get rule of God you need to do level 80+ on Inferno and any dlc mission...
I recommend dlc 2 mission 16 (i farmed that)

use the info on the document above - i'll repost
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzMFU1jQ797wRzItUFZsLTlBSzQ/edit?pli=1
#10RycerXPosted 6/20/2014 9:08:44 AM(edited)
You assume an awful lot, dude, don't burst a capillary. That's pretty much exactly what I do. 76 and 82 for the Ranger, 82 and 2-16 for the Wing Diver, and 88 for all of them. And I'm well aware of the checklist, I've had it in my favorites since it was first posted on these boards.

2-16 stands for DLC 2 mission 16 by the way, in case that had you confused.