DLC that you would buy

#1Humanoid_SharksPosted 6/9/2014 1:19:22 AM
The extra missions are all well and good (and fantastically priced for the amount you get), but they don't add any new enemy types, environments, or weapons. I prefer DLC that adds the little things.

I'm not even close to collecting all the weapons yet (I refuse to farm), so I can't say I wish for weapon DLC just yet. New environments is probably too much to ask for for DLC packs due to the cost and time it would require to make them. A day/night option on levels would be kind of cool, though. I'd probably buy that.

New enemy types probably falls under the same difficulties as new environments, so that option is out. Slap a little polish on the existing enemy types to create robotic versions of them wouldn't be too difficult, though. I'd definitely buy that. Or just buff up some of the robot enemies from 2017 and throw them in as a nice DLC pack. Better yet, have them make a deal with the Godzilla folks and make just one level where you have to battle Godzilla. I would throw credit cards at Sandlot by the handful.

I don't want any new classes. I'm not super familiar with the older EDF games (especially the ones that never made it stateside), but I think 2025 has everything covered, doesn't it? The four classes are unique enough as it is.

Aesthetics. I'm a huge sucker for aesthetic DLC. New costumes, new skins, new colors, I will buy all of them immediately. New costumes/armor for the classes would have to be my most wanted DLC (I don't even remember the stupid amount of money I spent on Otomedius Excellent just to get new costumes) and better yet, they could release skin/armor packs and allow mix and match customization. Hell, that right there could add a ton of new enemy drops that you would have to get. I'd be in heaven.

What about you guys?
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#2Borei_no_ShiPosted 6/9/2014 3:10:32 AM
While it would be nice to have additional support for the game, the Japanese development team has long since either disbanded or moved on to other projects. I'm glad we were given as many extra stages as we were. The one thing I'd hoped for while eating up the Japanese DLC was that they'd release a DLC pack/unlock key for the 9 online only missions.
#3OKRecords1138Posted 6/9/2014 4:45:44 AM
I'd prefer the game be patched as opposed to having more DLC thrown at me. I'm getting a little tired of being shot and grabbed by webs through walls and mountains.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#4Humanoid_Sharks(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 9:14:25 AM
EDF, a title famous for being a budget title... patched? Next you are going to tell me that you wish they fixed hit detection in Onechanbara instead of releasing costume DLC.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#5OKRecords1138Posted 6/9/2014 11:16:01 AM
Budget title? That thing is fifty bucks. That's not a budget title. Budget titles are twenty bucks.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#6RycerXPosted 6/9/2014 12:49:58 PM
Truth be told, I'd buy pretty much anything with EDF on it, I'm that much of a sucker for these games. But obviously I would love some new enemy types, night-time missions, weapons (that aren't Lv0), and maybe even a new class. I've made a few suggestions in the create-a-weapon topic already, like I really wish we could have gotten like a magnetic gun or tower for the Air Raider that siphons armor/weapons, and a sticky gel gun to coat the ground and delay enemy hordes or trap them underneath air raids and whatnot. I also would've loved a little gyrocopter that could drop bombs from a more vertical angle, I can never hit my mark with the Nereid or Bazelart. And the Fencer really could have used some kind of tracking weapon like the Nereid's auto-acquisition cannon. HAI Missiles are great at a distance, but once those drones close in on you, you're screwed. Fencers need a better anti-air option at close range.

I've also mentioned before how cool it would be if they introduced some maritime missions and enemies. Like you start out on a little archipelago and clean up whatever's there, maybe some giant crabs and jellyfish, then hop on a battleship en route to your next objective and fight off sea serpents and maybe some kind of flying boss enemy that drops pods of some kind that sprout into enemy spawns on the hull of the ship, killer moths and caterpillars or something. Most of that would be better served for an entirely new game.
#7TheSpratPosted 6/9/2014 5:35:30 PM
I would pay serious money for some DLC that added honest-to-goodness rewards or "perks" for certain achievements. Say, if you beat X number of missions with a certain class, you get some kind of small but valuable tweak to that class-- you move a little faster, have 10% more wing energy as a Wing Diver, etc.

For the MAJOR achievements, such as, for instance, beating every mission on every difficulty (or maybe just the first four difficulties) you can unlock some major perks-- say, an extra weapon slot for some of the classes, 50% more wing energy, faster reloads, or some such. It'd be strong enough to be an incentive to dive deep into the game, but still time-consuming enough that it's not an easy game-breaker. Stuff like that.

Other stuff is obvious and has been mentioned before, like a run button or patches for the glitches that make the game unfair. I like the idea of an Air Raider's magnetic tower to suck in all the nearby drops-- that could be like a Level 80+ item.

It's a cruel irony that Insect Armageddon is the only EDF game that makes it very easy to pick up all the drops (because you can move faster and don't have to leave at least one enemy alive so the mission won't end) yet it doesn't matter because more health is practically the only thing those enemies drop.

Also, they need to either get rid of the weapon limits OR the enemy strength increases on Online Multiplayer. Having both is just ridiculous.
#8RycerXPosted 6/9/2014 7:35:05 PM
I don't mind the multipliers so much as I do the fact that you have to deal with the highest one when playing solo, which is utter bull****. The only semblance of logic I can draw from that decision was that they didn't want people soloing their way to 100% and essentially forced us to work together if we wanted to complete missions online. Trying to solo some of the later Inferno missions online is ridiculous, even with hacked armor, it'll take you all day and all night just from getting knocked down, bounced around and frozen in place from the barrage of attacks. But sometimes I wonder if that was just an honest mistake in development and they forgot to double check the multipliers. It's really stupid and annoying in any event.

There are definitely technical issues that need to be addressed though, like the Gungnir and Nova Busters doing no damage to the Earth Eaters, or the Reverser weapons failing to restore health, or spiders and Hectors shooting through hills/walls. Then there's the spazz out glitch, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with, where your character becomes possessed and starts running around and swapping weapons frantically, even firing some that your class shouldn't have access to, all completely out of your control. And getting left behind in the lobby.
#9TheSpratPosted 6/10/2014 12:53:49 AM
"I don't mind the multipliers so much as I do the fact that you have to deal with the highest one when playing solo, which is utter bull****"

Yeah, definitely. And like I said, it wouldn't be so bad if they actually let you take in your best friggin weapons on some of the lower missions/difficulties.

I get that the idea is to "encourage" cooperation and challenge, but honestly? I have a job, a wife and a baby. I play this game here & there when I can, and while occasionally I do get some lengthier stretches to myself, I very rarely have the free time necessary to wait endlessly in lobbies and/or trying to find that perfect combo of people that will be able to get me through the online missions. (Similarly, I don't have a lot of time for the health grinding necessary to get in those 10K+ levels that online Inferno so clearly demands.)

It's not uncommon for me to spend a two or three hours online, and once I'm done I find I've only knocked off a couple more missions and earned a few more hit points. I've still never really unlocked any of those online-only missions, either (which is another piece of BS-- I don't care how hard they are, let me play them in single player offline).
#10StonedwolfedPosted 6/14/2014 11:52:02 PM
OKRecords1138 posted...
Budget title? That thing is fifty bucks. That's not a budget title. Budget titles are twenty bucks.

He's talking about the development budget not your pocketmoney.
---
ME1 = A New Hope | ME2 = Empire Strikes Back | ME3 = Star Wars Christmas Special