Class discussion.

#1Trisha_GoddardPosted 7/18/2014 1:40:22 AM
Probably been done before but anyway.

Fave to least fave.

Wing Diver. Great weapons and manouvrability. Versatile in all environments. Probably a bit of an obvious choice. I've left her to last but in running 2-16 a lot, it's obvious what a straight up killer she is.

Fencer. Dashing is great. Loads of good lock on weapons. Decent at range. Hammers can be beastly up close. Aiming is a tad slow but benefits from the additional armour. Downside: quite good at blowing himself up.

Ranger. Decent all-rounder. AF100 is not to be messed with. Good sniping options. Good explosive options.

Air Raider. Love the turrets and some of the limpet guns. Bit overwhelmed by all the vehicle choices though and not sure he's a good solo character.
#2geckothelizardPosted 7/18/2014 2:22:00 AM
i'd have the air raider in second :)

you need to just sack all the vehicles off apart from:
- railgun tanks (not done the maths i believe these are the best snipers in the game, - 22500 damage and firing once every ~5 seconds).
- self propelled rockets (easily the best homing missiles in the game, but you need to make sure you're out of the firing line)

if you're solo-ing (who solos?!)), the turrets will sort you out, but i think the various wire guns start to pull ahead in inferno.

so best sniping and best missiles (unless you're a fencer, possibly, and have the air raider using the laser), plus all that awesome support stuff for co-op.
#3unnamedFerPosted 7/18/2014 10:28:21 AM
The air raider does just fine solo.
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#4Humanoid_SharksPosted 7/20/2014 8:05:47 AM
unnamedFer posted...
The air raider does just fine solo.

Only if you grind the first few levels and get a decent limpet gun. Anything after level 10 is pretty damn tough with the Air Raider, especially on any difficulty above easy.

1.) Wing Diver
-Incredibly easy to be killed, but that is only if you let anything actually catch you. Plus, I can use her speed to go and grab drops, which saves a lot of annoyance.

2.) Ranger
-I was on the fence with Ranger and Fencer. In the end, I like the ease of the Ranger and I do love those acid guns.

3.) Fencer
-I want to like the Fencer more, but the overall bulkiness and severe movement restriction push him down the list. Plus, I don't like any of his shoulder weapons. I just don't find them useful, especially when all of his regular weapons get the job done more than fine.

4.) Air Raider
-A character only useful for co-op, really. His limpet guns do damage, but require far too many reloads and are unreliable. His air support/satellite stuff is amazing when you can use it, but all the good ones require a high amount of points to recharge. Granted, if you hop in a Vegeta and mow everything down, you can charge both the support and vehicle in one go. That is, of course, if you don't get caught in a swarm. Which I do. Always.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#5unnamedFerPosted 7/20/2014 11:06:28 AM
vehicles are where its at as an air raider.

Green vegaltas are extremely good, the only thing they lack is explosives to take down buildings. Then theres the railgun which annihilates everything
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#6Humanoid_SharksPosted 7/20/2014 10:21:17 PM
Is that what they're called? Vegaltas? I always call them Vegetas, like an idiot.

I want to bump Air Raider up to number 3 on my list and violently shove Fencer down to last place. I'm playing through the early levels with each of the classes right now in order to get some better weapons. I can do the first ten levels with each class up to Hardest difficulty (can't quite nail Inferno yet), except for with the Fencer.

I'm on the very first underground cave level (level 5 or 6, I think) and my Fencer just keeps getting slapped around like a little girl by the spiders. The second a single one of them webs me, I'm royally screwed and end up dying ten second later. The web keeps me from boosting, so I'm practically stuck in place as they use me as a pathetic spider bukkake toy.

I've died at least 10 times in a row with the Fencer due to his complete lack of stable mobility. I'm beginning to severely hate the Fencer.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#7Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 1:05:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8geckothelizardPosted 7/21/2014 2:18:03 AM
@Humanoid_Sharks
do you know how to dash cancel? with that the fencer is arguably the most mobile unit in the game! certainly the fastest.

also i disagree about his shoulder weapons. especially in the early levels those gallic heavy cannons are just fantastic at taking out hectors/drop ships, and even crowds. some of his homing stuff is ok in co-op, if you can stay back.
#9Humanoid_SharksPosted 7/21/2014 3:29:47 AM
The Fencer seems completely useless on any sort of map that is closed off and has tight rooms. Its probably because he has all the mobility of a legless dog and the accuracy of an old, blind lady. Its all well and good when you're out in the open and spraying bullets literally everywhere due to his awful, awful recoil on every weapon he has, but put him in a closed space and he just gets swarmed every time.

I finally passed that first spider level on Hardest by barely surviving the ants that are 400 times faster than me and then dashing away to the beginning of the stage when the spiders came out so that my AI teammates could clear some of them out and play cannon fodder. Even then, a single spider jumped on top of me so that I couldn't move and nearly killed me. Jackhammer finally decided to register hits right before I died.

The more I think of it, the more I want to change my list to only include Wing Diver and Ranger. I hate Air Raider and Fencer enough that they aren't even worth ranking.
---
-Hunter S. Thompson
#10Humanoid_SharksPosted 7/21/2014 3:33:09 AM
geckothelizard posted...
@Humanoid_Sharks
do you know how to dash cancel? with that the fencer is arguably the most mobile unit in the game! certainly the fastest.

also i disagree about his shoulder weapons. especially in the early levels those gallic heavy cannons are just fantastic at taking out hectors/drop ships, and even crowds. some of his homing stuff is ok in co-op, if you can stay back.

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

No, I don't know how to dash cancel. He might be fast, but unless dash cancelling enables him to actually turn at anything other than right angles, then I can't see how it would make a difference.

You're right, the heavy cannons are actually pretty useful. I forgot about those. I can't think of any other shoulder weapons that are useful, though.
---
-Hunter S. Thompson