New classes you would like to see

#1Humanoid_SharksPosted 7/22/2014 5:53:39 AM
Personally, I want to see less classes. Just give me Ranger and Wing Diver and go crazy with their weapon selections. Obviously, this is not going to happen; a lot of you seem to like the Air Raider and Fencer classes, so they'll probably stay.

If anything, I would like to see the Air Raider and Fencer classes molded into one class, especially since they rely heavily on each other, rendering half of their weapons practically useless in anything but co-op. I'm a big single player guy, which was a big reason why I hated both of those classes.

As for new classes, I can't really think of anything that needs to be added. Any sort of stealth class would be completely pointless and the Ranger practically covers all traditional classes, anyway.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#2Trisha_GoddardPosted 7/22/2014 7:28:46 AM
I'd really like to see a humanoid shark class if I'm being honest.
#3geckothelizardPosted 7/22/2014 7:38:56 AM
man, you've spent how long with the fencer/air raider, though? keep saying they're useless but it doesn't sound like you've spent much time actually learning how to play them. they're not useless in single player and i can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times that i've seen them working together online (laser guides etc) in ~300 hours play. they're perfectly capable solo classes if you play them right.

get rid of the ranger, if anything. what does he bring to the table? tedious class that i have spent 2017 and GDF playing as, and now he has less weapon variety (eg no turrets). he's effective but there's just nothing left to learn about him now.
#4BiggyDXPosted 7/22/2014 10:53:18 AM
I'd keep the Air Raider, but I would alter him being the only class that can use vehicles. I do think it was pretty silly that the really good missile launchers for the Fencer were hardlocked to the Air Raider. I already made a topic saying I would like to see a class that deals with more biological/cybernetic weapons:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684232-earth-defense-force-2025/69273196
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#5donfolstarPosted 7/23/2014 9:56:20 AM
I would get rid of the Air Raider but pass pretty much everything he does to the other classes.
Laser Guidance - bake into various weapons (sniper rifles mainly) and give Fencers a laser guidance kit to equip in tandem with the super rockets
Air Strikes - shared by all and given their own equipment slot ("Support")
Posts - Plasma to wing diver as a backup battery that costs a weapon slot, power/def to fencer, and healing to ranger
Limpets/Bombs/Roombas - Ranger, though far fewer of each
Turrets - Ranger, would also make them follow laser guidance instead of shooting walls
Bunkers - throw in the general the support slot
Vehicles:
Tanks/Railgun/Med/Bike - Ranger only Support slot
Mecha - Fencer only support slot, an over armor super armor suit
Helicopters - removed or replaced with a Wing Diver only vehicle like a mobile weapons platform