Inferno run begins.

#1Trisha_GoddardPosted 8/5/2014 2:56:38 PM
Right, I've got four achievements left. Started my proper Inferno run today. Online with Geckothelizard from here. I've done a fair bit of it offline as well but there are some levels that I think will be too difficult.

Getting Fencer done first. He's the least useful class on Inferno when it comes to damage and support. He's only good for kiting enemies or softening them up a little for other classes. I notice that on TrueAchievements, his Inferno achv is the highest rated in the game (meaning it's the rarest).

Anyway, any level strategies or general Inferno tips, chat and comments are welcome!
#2Jokerz_AcePosted 8/5/2014 7:03:36 PM
My tip:
Do it in single player
The online only missions are hard as all heck. Good luck if you try.
#3unnamedFerPosted 8/5/2014 8:48:14 PM
Fencer tips for inferno? kinda hard unless you give a specific stage.
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#4tom76bPosted 8/5/2014 11:50:58 PM
Good spot on TrueAchievements, I hadn't realised that.
Jokerz_Ace is correct, online the enemies are stronger x 1.875 I think it is. But... two good players online should still be easier that solo offline.

I played last night using Air Raider & Fencer for the guide kit / missiles thing. Not bad actually but I was by myself, so tricky to do well (was on level 77)
#5Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 12:29:37 AM
I'm kind of doing it on and offline.

When my team aren't on I plough through it on offline split screen with my A-Team (Wing Diver + Air Raider) but when they are on I'm working on my Fencer run. That way if I hit a horrible difficulty wall I've got options.

We did up to level 31 (ish? Charge Phase 3 basically) yesterday with no problems at all. Obviously the worst is yet to come.

I've got around 5.5k health with the Fencer. I think he's going to need 20k to be useful. Luckily he's quite easy to farm health for.
#6geckothelizardPosted 8/6/2014 1:22:37 AM(edited)
Jokerz_Ace posted...
My tip:
Do it in single player

offline is easier but i think sort of.. why play edf if you're going to play offline? unless you have a splitscreen buddy, the game would just be a lonely grind. i'd sooner have fun than be efficient or whatever. i feel like most of the reason why i've enjoyed the sandlot edf games is playing them with someone else, working out team strategies, etc.
#7Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 1:28:21 AM
Online is definitely more fun.
#8unnamedFerPosted 8/6/2014 7:22:32 AM
I always wondered, anybody ever used the air raiders guide kits with 3 other players? like, 3 rangers with the 15k homing missile, or 3 fencer with those 30 missiles launchers.
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#9Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:11:46 PM
unnamedFer posted...
I always wondered, anybody ever used the air raiders guide kits with 3 other players? like, 3 rangers with the 15k homing missile, or 3 fencer with those 30 missiles launchers.

I've had a few ARs turn up and put those on. Geckothelizard for one has equipped them for me when we've needed heavy damage. They are great because they also work with the regular high altitude missiles too, letting you target the same enemy over and over.
#10Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:13:04 PM
We had a fab run tonight. Went from the early 30s to level 50 online on Inferno. Thanks to our buddy (a decent Wing Diver) and a good random Air Raider.

Really good teamwork, tactics and skills shown. Even beat Waterside Bugs first go which is often a sticking point.

Online is definitely the way forward.