Inferno run begins.

#11Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 4:13:32 PM
Our first Inferno run is going well. We're up to level 60 (I think).

Last thing we did was the level with three carriers, each lower than the one before. Two hectors at the end. Owned it.

The level before is the one where you have to survive two lots of Earth Eaters, a few Deroys and a ton of drones. Was hellish but we're tactical geniuses.

If anyone needs a tactic for anything up to level 60, just ask. I imagine we're going to die a peasant's death soon though.
#12tom76bPosted 8/8/2014 2:27:47 AM
Are you playing split screen or online?
#13Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 4:11:42 AM
Online. Currently I'm a Fencer (8k). Got a couple of Wing Divers playing along regularly and we've been lucky to end up with a decent Air Raider on most runs too.

Like I said in another thread, I'm doing all my Fencer plays online and mixing it up on and off line for other classes.

I've actually done up to level 30 offline with most classes too but that's really just incase we hit a wall we can't overcome online.

Online is so much more fun though!
#14tom76bPosted 8/8/2014 5:17:51 AM
I have fond memories playing EDF:IA online, but not been on a lot with EDF 2025. I think it is because my team kept getting killed and of course you get none of the armour you've picked up, so you've completely wasted the past 30 minutes (and when you have very little time and want to make progress, that's a terrible feeling).
I kept wondering why we were getting killed...... until weeks later I read about the enemy stats multiplier online.
#15Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 3:49:44 AM
Ten or so levels left with the Fencer.

Dreading what's to come. Trying to get good with the Battle Cannons but I hate the recoil so much.

Was glad to get Encircled done on Inferno with four players. I hid in the bridge and drew aggro while three WDs geckstratted the drop ships. Handy.
#16tom76bPosted 8/13/2014 4:34:05 AM
...What is 'geckstratted'?
#17Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 5:50:40 AM
Geckothelizard's strategy of flying into the hatch of a dropship with the WD and staying there until it is dead.

We've been playing this level so long that we've basically got a whole load of ridiculous phrases to do with it.
#18tom76bPosted 8/13/2014 6:33:43 AM
OH! Ha ha ha!
#19unnamedFerPosted 8/13/2014 8:07:39 AM
Trisha_Goddard posted...
Ten or so levels left with the Fencer.

Dreading what's to come. Trying to get good with the Battle Cannons but I hate the recoil so much.

Was glad to get Encircled done on Inferno with four players. I hid in the bridge and drew aggro while three WDs geckstratted the drop ships. Handy.

You can also had the WDs hop on the seattle-like tower. Ground bugs practically cant climb the railings so the only concern are the wasps.
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#20Trisha_Goddard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:16:34 AM
Ants can get you on the tower but it's manageable. My tactic yesterday with the offline dream team (WD+AR) was to shoot some plasma gun things onto the WD and use them to Monster-S two ships (one low, one high) from the ground.

Fly up to the nearest ship, stand on it and shoot the higher ships from there.

For the lower ships, I went to the tower and used that as a base to take the ships out and fly back.

There's only ever three wasps at a time. Completely manageable.