Air Raider - does the wire gun go through the shield?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force 2025
  3. Air Raider - does the wire gun go through the shield?
11 months ago#1
Hi guys,
I just thought about this and was wondering if anybody knows if the wires from the wire guns penetrate the shield bearer's defences or do they just hit the shield and fall to the ground? (I'm away from my machine so cannot check)
11 months ago#2
the shield blocks the wires
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
11 months ago#3
The shield blocks everything, even the smoke flares that signal vehicle drops.
11 months ago#4
is there any way to damage the shield bearer? blast radius of something... would that work? one of the howitzer air strikes has a blast radius of 130m...
11 months ago#5
Nope, all damage within the shield radius is negated. They've actually saved my ass a couple of times from friendly air raids. Not even roller bombs or assault beetles can get through. The only thing you could do from outside, I guess, is plant a C70, Limpet darts or Impulse mines and wait for the shield bearer to walk over them, they will be unaffected by the shield. That would be pretty hilarious if the shields swept them out of the way as they moved though.
11 months ago#6
apparently it's possible to kill them with the AR tempest missile. i'm not sure how this works, but i guess it's because the missile itself is so large that it somehow explodes past the shield? apparently it's a bit dodgy, as if you're playing online, the shieldbearer dies from the AR's POV, but is still alive in everyone else's session? or something weird like that.

that said, i'm not really sure how much killing a shieldbearer ahead of time like this is really much use - they're never really a problem, right?
11 months ago#7
Sounds like a glitch where maybe a tiny portion of the shield was exposed by something in the terrain, or maybe the Tempest hit at just the right moment when the shield was shrinking/expanding.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force 2025
  3. Air Raider - does the wire gun go through the shield?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived