This looks quite a bit better than "Insect Armageddon" I have to say.

#11Lost_DjinnPosted 8/12/2013 3:22:16 AM
Well like many pointed out by now, We have the Sandlot back at the helm rather then VC. So that helps IMO. Not that IA was all bad though. To list a few things I Loved about it:

- Dropships crashing down could actually kill you and exploded(which it did in several occasions)
- The smaller craft suicide bombing was great concept (minus where they usually die before being able to XD)
- Loved the Mantis (especially the multiple at a time encounters)
- Having multiple Classes
- Being able to level up Class abilities

That said, there were a lot more things I did not like, even without comparing it with previous EDF titels.

I won't be able to play it till February, but I've seen enough to know I will enjoy this immensely. More so indeed then IA, though not necessarily more then 2017.

After getting all the guns in that game (and consequently all achievements, 100% it) I've been unable to return to it though. I've tried several times but just...nope...can't do it. Even tried starting over, new save file....nope...can't do it. 2 levels in...fffff that. Though I guess 150 hours is enough right?
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#12factoreksPosted 8/12/2013 5:02:14 AM
Classes were available in Global Defense Force and GDF tactics (ps2). IA just added a flawed leveling system and new bugs which I found very cool actually.

While 2025 is truly amazing, playing at 2 fps in coop is inadmissible, and that's probably why 2017 remains the best in the series. But the second they fix that, it will be my favorite (and if they fix the first underground level bug which makes a spider pop outside the map...)

If I had to rank each game :
1.EDF2017 (xbox360)
2.EDF2025 (ps3)
3.EDF2017 (Vita)
4.GDF (ps2)
5.tie between IA and GDF tactics (ps2)
6. GDF (psp)
#13Lost_DjinnPosted 8/12/2013 5:14:24 PM
factoreks posted...
Classes were available in Global Defense Force and GDF tactics (ps2). IA just added a flawed leveling system and new bugs which I found very cool actually.

While 2025 is truly amazing, playing at 2 fps in coop is inadmissible, and that's probably why 2017 remains the best in the series. But the second they fix that, it will be my favorite (and if they fix the first underground level bug which makes a spider pop outside the map...)

If I had to rank each game :
1.EDF2017 (xbox360)
2.EDF2025 (ps3)
3.EDF2017 (Vita)
4.GDF (ps2)
5.tie between IA and GDF tactics (ps2)
6. GDF (psp)

Weren't there only 2 classes in GDF though? And GDF tactics was a turn based RTS type thing so I don't think that's a fair comparison to make. Though yes it did have multiple unit types and weapons setups if I remember correctly.
---
---
#14factoreksPosted 8/13/2013 12:17:12 AM
Indeed there were two classes as opposed to 2017. IA added 2 more classes but they didn't "invent" the multiple class concept, that's what I was implying.

Tactics allowed the use of multiple subclasses, based on ranger and wing diver though.
While ugly, tactics is quite fun for anyone into EDF with $3 to spare, and with more than 50 missions, it takes a while to beat the game (some maps are excruciately difficult)
#15Lost_DjinnPosted 8/15/2013 11:51:42 AM
factoreks posted...
Indeed there were two classes as opposed to 2017. IA added 2 more classes but they didn't "invent" the multiple class concept, that's what I was implying.

Tactics allowed the use of multiple subclasses, based on ranger and wing diver though.
While ugly, tactics is quite fun for anyone into EDF with $3 to spare, and with more than 50 missions, it takes a while to beat the game (some maps are excruciately difficult)

Ahh I see. Well, it came across as if implying the exact thing had already been done. Which is only partially true, thus my reply.
---
---
#16kamb0_510Posted 9/4/2013 11:27:07 AM
Insect Armageddon was pretty dull to me, i loved EDF 2017 to death cuz me and my bro play countless hours on it. I say the only thing that they adopted from armageddon is the class change system which is a good edition but i miss being the basic trooper and relying on which guns you prefer and show off your skill. EDFIA doesnt come close to EDF 2017 (Wish it was on the ps3)
#17Toho2Posted 9/20/2013 1:07:46 PM
2025 is a remake of EDF 2 okay. They went back to the roots of the EDF franchise. Naturally it will have better graphics, more environments, more vehicles. The only thing I see that they took from IA and put into 2025 was the 4 classes. Manual reload maybe.
---
_I am Storm 1, the Master Chief of the Earth Defense Force_http://www.d3p.co.jp/edf4/#soldier
#18geelwPosted 9/20/2013 6:39:05 PM
Toho2 posted...
2025 is a remake of EDF 2 okay. They went back to the roots of the EDF franchise. Naturally it will have better graphics, more environments, more vehicles. The only thing I see that they took from IA and put into 2025 was the 4 classes. Manual reload maybe.

Hmmm... this isn't really a "remake" of EDF 2, as it adds too many new things to get such a dirt simple labeling. Granted, that screen covering new ship and some other enemies and elements ARE inspired by EDF 2 (and improved on for the most part). but you absolutely can't stack the two games side by side and say they're similar.

EDF 4 has no night levels, no London missions, the layout of the maps is completely different (someone said on the Xbox 360 board that the game recycles maps from 2017 and that's completely incorrect!) AND the PSP version of EDF 2 Portable that ADDS enemies and missions (making it more definitive than the original PS2 version) all confirm this once you actually play them.
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#19Borei_no_ShiPosted 9/21/2013 5:13:08 AM
geelw posted...
(someone said on the Xbox 360 board that the game recycles maps from 2017 and that's completely incorrect!)

That may have been me you're referring to, but I never said that it recycled maps, rather that there are a number of the same missions from 2017 present here in EDF4, and of that, there certainly are several. The maps are obviously newly created, but rather than recycled, I'd call them recreated.
#20Toho2Posted 9/21/2013 7:41:01 AM
geelw posted...
Hmmm... this isn't really a "remake" of EDF 2, as it adds too many new things to get such a dirt simple labeling. Granted, that screen covering new ship and some other enemies and elements ARE inspired by EDF 2 (and improved on for the most part). but you absolutely can't stack the two games side by side and say they're similar.

EDF 4 has no night levels, no London missions, the layout of the maps is completely different (someone said on the Xbox 360 board that the game recycles maps from 2017 and that's completely incorrect!) AND the PSP version of EDF 2 Portable that ADDS enemies and missions (making it more definitive than the original PS2 version) all confirm this once you actually play them.

Okay I know what you're saying. I meant that the story of EDF 2025 is the same as EDF 2(so I assume). After the events of 2017, 7 years later 2025 happens. That's how it went with EDF 1 and 2.
---
-I am Storm 1, the Master Chief of the Earth Defense Force-http://www.d3p.co.jp/edf4/#soldier