I don't get it EDF IA rocked!!!

#1TightNinjaPosted 8/14/2013 7:22:33 PM
I loved 2017 and thought it was awesome. But in my opinion IA improved on 2017 in EVERY area except level variety and weapons ( I was disappointed with all city environments)

Graphics were better, animation was better, online play, kept the cheezy B feel, vehicles were actually useful. If IA had more levels and no cliffhanger ending) 2017 could not touch it in any way shape or form.

I don't get the blind hate. Sure its ok to say you liked 2017 better that is fine. But Vicious Cycle did an awesome job updating EDF. Plus the CEO and the lead programmer were on Gamefaqs for about a month talking with gamers about the game a while back. I even played with the CEO level 2-2

I am really excited for a next gen EDF. with 8GB of RAM can you imagine how awesome the game will look and how big the levels can be since they are limited to 512 MB of ram.

Can't wait!!
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
PS One Cloud = awesome Xbox One Cloud
#2Lost_DjinnPosted 8/15/2013 11:17:26 AM
I dunno what you consider blind hate buddy, but there are a lot more subtle and less subtle differences between IA and 2017 then you mention. Clearly you aren't bothered as much by them as many others are. And that's just fine ^^.

If I were to get specific on everything that I disliked, was done wrong and why etc. I could make a paper.

That's not to say it's all bad, they also indeed implement some stuff I really liked
I guess in short for me this game is this: A lot of good concepts, and a lot bad implementations of those concepts.
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#3MatrixAndrAIaPosted 8/16/2013 8:56:47 PM
I remember when the VCS guys were on the boards talking to everybody. I thought that was a really down to earth way to behave, and I appreciated it.

I for one really liked EDF:IA, aside from a few annoying things. And it being so short in comparison to 2017 and now 2025.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#4DuConLaFlemePosted 8/19/2013 9:40:25 AM
EDF IA had tons of problems, but the worse was the hour long missions without checkpoints.
Add how often the game scripting bugged, it was a nightmare to finish.
I did like how VCS dodged every questions that would have shown that in the first place.

Now, I don't regret buying it as It was only to push D3 to release 2025 outside Japan(which they'll do)
#5geelwPosted 9/2/2013 8:49:00 PM
DuConLaFleme posted...
EDF IA had tons of problems, but the worse was the hour long missions without checkpoints.
Add how often the game scripting bugged, it was a nightmare to finish.
I did like how VCS dodged every questions that would have shown that in the first place.

Now, I don't regret buying it as It was only to push D3 to release 2025 outside Japan(which they'll do)

NO missions in any EDF game have ever had checkpoints and if you've ever played EDF 2 Portable on the PSP, you'd keel over dead from some of the longer missions Sandlot added. Also, that "hour" you note means you may have been taking too long (nothing wrong with being careful, mind you). Hell, that last level in EDF 2 is pretty much longer than any EDFIA level if you play it a certain way (you "need" to take out over 100 guns on a huge mothership that takes up the entire top of your TV screen and yeah, it's a slog that gets hellish fast when enemies start dropping in)...

As for 2025, it seems that it was destined for a release outside of Japan anyway, but I'd bet D3PoA is happy those who bought EDFIA and liked it are in on this one.
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#6DuConLaFlemePosted 9/4/2013 11:42:28 AM
So they added missions that are more then 1 hour long on a portable game?
I thought those consoles were meant to be play by slice of 15 min while in the bus or something.

And yea i would have hated to play that.
#7MashYouGoodPosted 9/19/2013 5:18:55 PM
TightNinja posted...
But in my opinion IA improved on 2017 in EVERY area

It must be lonely being the sole member of a minority... =/
#8Toho2Posted 9/20/2013 10:50:45 AM
IA was an excellent update the the EDF franchise and I hope newcomers will play IA first before they play 2017 or Global Defense Force.
I liked that they added an online and survival mode(seems unnecessary)along with a campaign remix mode which was pretty cool.
They also added the ability to revive your allies(very welcomed)and checkpoints for the game which is helpful. And the different classes were neat.
Now while the game takes some of the nostalgia and old-school feel away from the game, I'll accept that. But, the story wasn't as memorable and we were never told when the campaign takes place. Is it in 2017, earlier, later? Also Lightning didn't feel like he was a super soldier, like Storm 1 felt in 2017.
There wasn't an end boss, the game felt very dry, and didn't have any interesting levels, especially since they took out the underground levels. 2017 had a fun gameplay style, IA didn't
Also this may be just me, but the game felt harder that 2017. Even on inferno the game didn't feel very fun.
IA also had some weak weapons IMO. They barely did anything, even of Inferno. 2017 had some neat weapons in it, and they felt like they have power to them. IA weapons were little pea shooters.
I still like IA, but I feel it's better for people who just came into the franchise. 2017 will always be the best EDF game. For Storm 1! EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!!
---
-God save America.-
#9Andrew ShinnPosted 9/22/2013 6:40:05 AM
EDF2 ^_^
the underground levels are some of my favourite. It wouldn't be the same without some underground levels.
---
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02
#10Lord_kasdeyaPosted 10/7/2013 5:53:57 PM
DuConLaFleme posted...
So they added missions that are more then 1 hour long on a portable game?
I thought those consoles were meant to be play by slice of 15 min while in the bus or something.

And yea i would have hated to play that.

that psp game is a port. the game was originally on the ps2 but years later it got ported to the psp
---
Wii FC: 7714 7377 4469 9097 PSN&360 GT: Svarta Varg
MHT: Izual, BTBHJT, US Server