Fencer... oh Fencer

#21MatrixAndrAIa(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 9:07:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22MatrixAndrAIa(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 5:27:57 AM
Since I've got two PS3 controllers now, farming for armor has gone much faster. I always get into mission 84 on Easy, two of the same class, and kill all but one drop ship at the end so I can farm a continual stream of ants. All while passively listening to music or watching youtube videos since my computer is only a few feet away from my TV. I did almost exactly the same thing in EDF2017 with mission 52. That said, I have just over 2500 armor for the Fencer, but it's not nearly enough. I'll probably go to over 9000 for the three soldier classes, and maybe 3000 for the Wing Diver before taking Inferno seriously.

I've taken more liking to the Fencer the more I've used him. I found out by accident while farming Easy 84 about the boost jump and then immediately boost dashing in mid air. Nice. I always keep a Pile Bunker on one weapon set just for the dashing, mostly just to get around quicker.

I like the gatling guns, and I have a great level 72 one that holds 900 bullets, 10 second reload, and does a decent amount of damage per shot. I use that on one weapon set, but on the other hand whilst farming, I use a level 85 machine gun class weapon that holds 24 bullets, lets you run top speed while firing, reloads in 3 seconds, and does 1000 damage per bullet. Good range too, and far more versatile than those NC cannon class weapons.

I know you can get hit in the back while using a shield (which is good for realism I guess >_>), but I figure I could get away with launching a grenade at close range while shielding to protect from the splash damage. Have to test it. I need a better grenade launcher; my highest one is level 62, so I've got to keep farming mission 71 until I can get something better.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#23Viper187666Posted 9/30/2013 10:15:34 AM
I can't stand the Fencer. How do you even use this stupid rocket(?) that's supposed to do 100k damage? I can't even get it to fire.
#24MatrixAndrAIa(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 2:30:43 PM
Viper187666 posted...
I can't stand the Fencer. How do you even use this stupid rocket(?) that's supposed to do 100k damage? I can't even get it to fire.

I'd been told in one of my previous questions that some of the lock on missile launcher weapons require the Air Raider's laser pointer to work. I've found a Ranger and Fencer missile launcher that won't shoot at all, and I'm assuming they both fall under that category. Sucks to be reliant on another class if you're soloing, and I've been avoiding missile launchers in general for the Fencer.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos