Some Info/Updates on the US Version...

#1geelwPosted 9/20/2013 6:02:21 PM
OK, I'm writing up a preview based on my hands-on with the 360 version on Thursday, but I'll share a few tidbits on the PS3 version here.

First, it wasn't at the D3PoA event, but I asked about it anyway (as it's important to know, of course!). Actually, after I told the woman from D3PoA demoing the game's co-op mode I owned the PS3 import, she asked me "how was it?" and I told her about the frame rate and other pre-patch issues. She noted that that's being worked on and the US version will come patched. As for DLC for both versions, YES, it's coming, but not on the disc. PSN and XBLA users will get it shortly after release (NO news on when, but I'm gathering within the release window).

I'd forgotten to confirm if that DLC would include the Dream Club content, but I sent a follow-up question out today, so if that gets an answer, I'll add it to the article or later as an update.

As far as the localization goes, the voice work is DONE (and awesome - there's a ton of radio chatter and troop voice over work) and the English text is being finalized to fix any spelling and grammar issues that come from such a huge translation job. This seems to be the reason the game isn't shipping out THIS year, but it's also of note that late winter to early spring has become a good time for some key releases and D3 is taking advantage of that with EDF 2025.

That's it for now... other than I think D3PoA is also planning some sort of promo related to the US version, but again, they're keeping some secrets until it's closer to the release date...
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#2TurboGameraPosted 9/20/2013 7:10:58 PM
geelw posted...
As for DLC for both versions, YES, it's coming, but not on the disc.

You made my day after confirming it will come as a disc, Greg :)
#3geelw(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 11:02:07 PM
TurboGamera posted...
geelw posted...
As for DLC for both versions, YES, it's coming, but not on the disc.

You made my day after confirming it will come as a disc, Greg :)

D'oh! I didn't confirm it at the event. It came up in conversation naturally as an offhand remark and I ended up typing that sentence in the post. Still all signs point to it being a physical and digital release from other things I've read. I'll double check with D3PoA's PR and add an update. I probably won't hear back for a few days, as they're traveling or in transit back to California (or already there and taking the weekend off)...
---
#4Toho2Posted 9/21/2013 7:37:33 AM
Awesome news! I just want another Cascade rocket launcher in 2025. :] I miss the 20 rockets you could lay on 1 wave of enemies.
---
-I am Storm 1, the Master Chief of the Earth Defense Force-http://www.d3p.co.jp/edf4/#soldier
#5Andrew ShinnPosted 9/22/2013 7:14:33 AM
can't wait ^_^
---
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02
#6geelw(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:57:40 AM
OK, so I got a quick note back earlier this afternoon. Yes, it's on a disc and there will be a digital version, but it's not yet confirmed if the download will be available at the same time as the disc.

That's odd.... but not odd, as I'm betting both Sony and Microsoft will be concentrating on getting PS4 and Xbox One titles up first for the foreseeable future. So, yep - a win for those of use who love that physical media.
---
#7gamemaster712Posted 9/25/2013 5:22:24 PM
Yay. I hope the frame rates won't be too bad. With 2017 all done I'm ready for 2025.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)