Air Raider confusion

#1Viper187666Posted 9/29/2013 6:16:27 AM
Can anyone perhaps explain how the reload times on this stupid class works? Like why are some vehicles loaded at mission start and others take 5 minutes to load before you can use them the first time!? Does that ever change?
#2MatrixAndrAIaPosted 9/29/2013 11:49:19 AM
Vehicles are based on how many enemies you've killed. That's how they reload.

Good idea to bring ZEXR Guns if you're being overrun until you can summon another vehicle!!
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#3Viper187666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:37:45 PM(edited)
Total kills with that class or in the current mission? Is it listed in the stats someshere? Does the Wing Diver's wing bar ever increase?
#4geelwPosted 9/29/2013 5:18:45 PM
Total kills during a mission for Air Raider. The more enemies you kill (the faster the better once you airdrop something in), the quicker the bar recharges. Turrets are a SUPER benefit to have, so farm them up as soon as possible.

Pale Wing's energy stays the same throughout the game. The tricks to using her are as follows:

LEARN the jet bunny hop! run forward, boost until you start flying and then lay off the boost button and land. This helps conserve energy in busier maps and comes in handy if you're firing a weapon that drains a lot of energy with each shot.

Experiment with different weapons and find out which ones work best for the different stages. Pale Wing's mobility makes her a near perfect soldier once you learn to fly her around without draining all her energy in the air. The only tradeoff is her sloooooow armor growth, but you'll be zipping through stages so quickly with her that it's not bad until the later maps if you haven't farmed enough.

As the game gets harder, try to carry one weapon that has a lot of ammo and a quick reload time. For most outdoor maps, you can make do with a ranged shot like a mirage or one of the plasma launchers that clears a wide path (and takes out buildings), but it's good to have either a rapid shot weapon or one of the Raijin or other zappers (which also do VERY well in the cave maps). You'll know to carry a MONSTER or other powerful sniper rifle for the drop ships on the levels they appear in, as taking them out first will save your bacon every time.

Farm mission 11 to start with, then go for the harder Inferno maps. Pale Wing has it the easiest of ALL the characters, period. At the start of the map, turn around and fly alllll the way back as far as you can go. After the final wave of enemy ships drop, wait about a minute or two as the EDF troops whittle the pack down, then fly in and scoop up weapons and armor. Take care not to wait too long as you'll end up empty handed if the troopers clear the map before you get back. Don't rush back too soon either, as it's certain death when you get swarmed.
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#5Viper187666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 5:44:28 PM
geelw posted...
Total kills during a mission for Air Raider. The more enemies you kill (the faster the better once you airdrop something in), the quicker the bar recharges. Turrets are a SUPER benefit to have, so farm them up as soon as possible.

So what determines if you can drop something to start with? Why can I drop a mech right when the mission starts but not the huge turret thing? Can the initial amount of points/whatever he starts the mission with change? I've got 70 weapons left to find total with Ranger the only one that has them all. I'm getting rather annoyed at this mission 52 and even more annoyed at the fact there's no information as to whether or not you get a Genocide Gun of some kind for being this on Inferno like 2017.
#6geelwPosted 9/30/2013 4:45:16 PM
Poke around on YouTube and look up user Game Empire HD, as they ran DOZENS of EDF 4 videos, so they may have an answer for you. This one's tougher than 2017 thanks to the new classes you need to learn to use as best and efficiently as possible. I'm still slogging through Inferno myself. I'd gather there IS something at the end of Inferno waiting, as I can't see the game giving you NOTHING for all that hard work (Easy Mode aside)...
---
#7Viper187666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 5:24:43 PM(edited)
geelw posted...
Poke around on YouTube and look up user Game Empire HD, as they ran DOZENS of EDF 4 videos, so they may have an answer for you. This one's tougher than 2017 thanks to the new classes you need to learn to use as best and efficiently as possible. I'm still slogging through Inferno myself. I'd gather there IS something at the end of Inferno waiting, as I can't see the game giving you NOTHING for all that hard work (Easy Mode aside)...

Nope. Nothing. I finished Inferno with Ranger about an hour ago. :(

On another note, I'm loving the crazy sniper I found for Wing Diver. "50,000x3" damage. The only thing I've found that can one shot those annoying transformer type carriers the second half of the game. Takes forever to reload, but if you're split-screening yourself with another class it's absurdly useful. I paired Wing Diver with Ranger for the final mission. Took 3 shots with it plus some Lysander Z shots to kill that thing!!
#8geelwPosted 9/30/2013 6:34:41 PM
Where did you score that sniper rifle, if I may ask? I'm only missing three of Wing Diver's weapons and that seems to be one of them. I did run through all the difficulties with her save for four maps I'm saving until I get more armor and get further along in my Fencer growth, as I'm soloing the game (no split screen action for me because I'm crazy like that), which is (as you can imagine) a great nightmare, lol...
---
#9Viper187666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 8:07:51 PM
geelw posted...
Where did you score that sniper rifle, if I may ask? I'm only missing three of Wing Diver's weapons and that seems to be one of them. I did run through all the difficulties with her save for four maps I'm saving until I get more armor and get further along in my Fencer growth, as I'm soloing the game (no split screen action for me because I'm crazy like that), which is (as you can imagine) a great nightmare, lol...

I dunno. Most likely mission 83 on Inferno. I've farmed pretty much all the high level weapons there. I'm missing a total of 31 weapons now between 3 classes. I'd gladly pay to unlock this stuff. I want to just grind armor and run through Inferno in the online campaign to see the extra missions. I refuse to play the online on lesser difficulties because you can't choose to get rid of the stupid weapon restriction when you host. I can't believe it doesn't unlock at some point. When I host a lobby, I should be able to use whatever weapons I please same as offline.