Mission Pack 2 Iron Wall

#1Borei_no_ShiPosted 11/4/2013 5:15:24 AM
Anyone try this yet? Came out last week at a price of 800 Yen.
Looks like 20 missions and a few new enemies (possibly by way of palette swaps?).
Starting it up now.
#2Toho2Posted 11/4/2013 11:59:38 AM
Anybody know if this will be a digital DLC for PSN store?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7sxfQOiE4
#3Borei_no_Shi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:17:45 PM
Since they're bringing the Japanese store pre-order packs out, as well as the week one weapon packs for the Japanese release, I'd imagine they'll bring these Mission Packs out in a similar time frame once the NA version of the game is released. I'm hoping they do at least one more Japanese pack that includes the 9 extra online missions.

A little more info on Mission Pack 2 now that I've gone through it on Hard with my Wing Diver.

There are 20 missions.

No real brand new enemies, but there are larger versions of some and palette swap color variants of others. Some of these appear as normal foes, but take more power to stop. As such they drop more items. Others have boss versions. Where Hectors are concerned, there are a few with new loadouts.

The level design on some of the missions, while taking place in the same city sections we're used to, have a more science fiction look to them, with one having giant webs covering everything (makes mission 60 look like child's play) and another sprouting nests off the sides of skyscrapers.

Did someone mention nests? If you like nests, then this pack is for you!

There are missions containing numerous bosses, both new versions and old.

Farming is a dream with this pack. Swarms galore equal more items than you'll know what to do with.
#4geelwPosted 11/4/2013 1:31:22 PM
D3PoA has noted that there would be content from the Japanese version coming here, so this is a nice sign of (more) light for the NA and Eu versions. Hopefully we'll get these localized and up on an ongoing basis through PSN (although I'd seriously prefer all the DLC on a disc for those who can't access PSN for whatever reason. Those new maps sound lovely (and yeah, ripe for farming).
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#5Mutant1988Posted 11/8/2013 1:18:54 PM
I just want all my games on disc. Not a fan of DLC at all.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#6MatrixAndrAIaPosted 11/8/2013 8:41:03 PM
20 more missions? I'd be all over it... if I didn't have to go through the godawful hassle of making a Japanese account to download it. Guess I'll just let it go. Dammit.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#7YMIHerePosted 11/26/2013 8:40:45 AM
Mutant1988 posted...
I just want all my games on disc. Not a fan of DLC at all.

Especially that early. Guess I'm skipping this.
#8Borei_no_Shi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 4:53:35 AM
Early? The game had been out 4 months before this was released. That's long enough so that to me it says they're trying to drum up more interest thereby garnering a few more possible game sales. Nothing wrong with that, it's been going on for as long as I can remember (before DLC they released codes to accomplish the same goal). Nickel and diming us is one thing, but these seem appropriately priced for what we're getting (20 missions for a bit under $8, that's 40 cents a mission), and the design is different enough that these packs do not seem like missions that were trimmed from the retail release to bleed us. This isn't Capcom :)
#9YMIHerePosted 11/27/2013 3:27:10 PM
Borei_no_Shi posted...
Early? The game had been out 4 months before this was released. That's long enough so that to me it says they're trying to drum up more interest thereby garnering a few more possible game sales. Nothing wrong with that, it's been going on for as long as I can remember (before DLC they released codes to accomplish the same goal). Nickel and diming us is one thing, but these seem appropriately priced for what we're getting (20 missions for a bit under $8, that's 40 cents a mission), and the design is different enough that these packs do not seem like missions that were trimmed from the retail release to bleed us. This isn't Capcom :)

as well as the week one weapon packs for the Japanese release

That's what I'm referring to.
#10Borei_no_Shi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 3:45:12 PM
Weren't those all either free (I believe I downloaded 3 or 4 of them) or store pre-order exclusives?