Weapon Pickups

#1chethecatPosted 1/21/2014 4:13:36 PM
Maybe this has been answered somewhere and I just missed it.... but here goes:

Since there are 4 classes, do you pick up weapons only for your class? Or is it totally random so you could be grabbing things for other classes? How does that work online?

Say I'm playing WingDiver and someone else is a Ranger and grabs some weapon crates. Do I get Ranger weaps? Or does it convert them to the class you are playing?

How does it work?

28 days! 4 Measly weeks. I can wait 4 weeks... maybe.
---

~Cheshire~
#2Herzon316Posted 1/21/2014 9:27:18 PM
Let me see if I remember the differences between the PS3 and 360 versions.

-Solo play both: you only get weapons and armor for the class you are playing.

-Split-screen PS3: each pick-up you specifically grab gives a weapon for the class you are using. Armor pick-ups are shared no matter who picks up. This means soloing in split-screen farms armor for the other class, or if you double up you get treated to 2X the armor pick-ups. It also awards stage clear medals needed to get the class difficulty clear trophies. Yes there can be fighting over who gets drops, but they're on the couch next to you so just smack them if they're hogging them.

-Split-screen 360: if two profiles are signed in then weapon drops are shared and a weapon given for the class you are using for the total number of crates picked up in the stage. Armor drops shared as well. Do not know about single profile play and farming.

-Online: each player is given a weapon to the class played for each crate picked up no matter who grabbed it. Armor is shared drops still. Wing Divers aren't necessary, but at least one on the team makes grabbing all those distant drops much easier.

PS3 split-screen is wonky since Sandlot didn't implement dual profile sign-ins, where 360 has it and behaves like online play.

If I got anything off feel free to add the correct info.

Herzon Hree'Sith
#3Viper187666Posted 1/22/2014 10:52:48 AM
Herzon316 posted...
Let me see if I remember the differences between the PS3 and 360 versions.

-Solo play both: you only get weapons and armor for the class you are playing.

-Split-screen PS3: each pick-up you specifically grab gives a weapon for the class you are using. Armor pick-ups are shared no matter who picks up. This means soloing in split-screen farms armor for the other class, or if you double up you get treated to 2X the armor pick-ups. It also awards stage clear medals needed to get the class difficulty clear trophies. Yes there can be fighting over who gets drops, but they're on the couch next to you so just smack them if they're hogging them.

-Split-screen 360: if two profiles are signed in then weapon drops are shared and a weapon given for the class you are using for the total number of crates picked up in the stage. Armor drops shared as well. Do not know about single profile play and farming.

-Online: each player is given a weapon to the class played for each crate picked up no matter who grabbed it. Armor is shared drops still. Wing Divers aren't necessary, but at least one on the team makes grabbing all those distant drops much easier.

PS3 split-screen is wonky since Sandlot didn't implement dual profile sign-ins, where 360 has it and behaves like online play.

If I got anything off feel free to add the correct info.

Herzon Hree'Sith

Interesting. What about online splitscreen on 360 with a guest signed in?
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#4chethecat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 2:20:49 PM
Cool, thanks for the response. Sounds like to get all weapons then you need to play as all the classes. Makes sense, just curious how it was working.

PS3 has problems with this. Dunno if there is a way Sandlot could have made it work. Can't think of any splitscreen PS3 that allowed both profiles to get the same. Sure, Borderlands 2 they get the money, xp, and whatnot, but they don't get any of the progress to their trophies or BA Ranks.

Whatever the case, I'm sure EDF will be a blast.
---

~Cheshire~