Is the Genocide Gun in this?

#1diony69Posted 2/18/2014 7:32:23 AM
My question is the topic title.

Eagerly awaiting my pre-order delivery from Amazon today, but I just have to know! It's been out in Japan for a few months now, so somebody has to know, right? I tried searching online for info on this, but found nothing. I know it's most likely in the game (what would an EDF be without the gun to end all guns, after all?), but I just want confirmation.
#2ninebreaker47Posted 2/18/2014 8:52:06 AM
I heard they wanted to but it was to much for the game to handle to they had to leave it out. But maybe there's some other awesome guns to make up for it
---
I play PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation Vita ::Psn:: Ninebreaker87 ::XBL:: iininebreakerii ::Steam:: Ninebreaker87
#3pleylandPosted 2/18/2014 8:53:24 AM
I can't see it in the weapons list.. maybe it's just not listed though?

http://weapon.edf.jpn.com/

You can use translate on that (i'm using google chrome so it automatically translates it)

The translations are a little off.. unless one of the Air Raider weapon categories is actually called "Rim Pet Cancer" lol
#4JackalPosted 2/18/2014 9:13:14 AM
Just Fusion Blasters. That's what the text labels are.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#5diony69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 9:21:24 AM
ninebreaker47 posted...
I heard they wanted to but it was to much for the game to handle to they had to leave it out. But maybe there's some other awesome guns to make up for it

Damn...I really hope that's not true. That would be a real letdown if it were. The Genocide Gun is one of the greatest endgame rewards in all video games, imo. Moreso than all the other weapon drops, it really made the EDF grind worth it.

pleyland posted...
I can't see it in the weapons list.. maybe it's just not listed though?

Yeah, I hope it's in the game, but is just unlisted.

Well, I guess we in the west will find out if it exists soon enough, once we beat Inferno or max out classes...whichever one might unlock the gun (if it exists).

Thanks for the comments, folks!
#6Lord_kasdeyaPosted 2/18/2014 9:25:51 AM
Viper (here on the edf boards) completed inferno with the ranger and didnt get the genocide gun which means it isnt in the game sorry tc dont want any newer posters here having hope for something that isnt there.
---
Wii FC: 7714 7377 4469 9097 PSN&360 GT: Svarta Varg
MHT: Izual, BTBHJT, US Server
#7Borei_no_ShiPosted 2/18/2014 9:30:10 AM
There is no end game reward other than the achievement/trophy pop. No Genocide Guns.
#8pleylandPosted 2/18/2014 9:59:05 AM
Aw, just checked back here and no love for the funny google chrome translation..
"Rim Pet Cancer"
#9geelwPosted 2/18/2014 10:23:10 AM
No GG. It was tested in development, caused too many problems with the frame rate and was cut. Which makes PERFECT sense in 2014, as you can't be counting frames in a game like this when other shooters play smoothly. The "quaint" days of the old EDF are kind of over, but 2025 is still a ton of cheesy fun without that weapon.
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#10diony69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:30:29 AM
Thanks for all the replies, everyone; much appreciated. It sucks that the GG isn't in the game, but I'm enjoying it so far anyway. :)