Sooo... Why are we missing about 10 stages in the NA version?

#1ZignoffPosted 2/25/2014 11:05:56 PM
I've been playing some missions online that are numbered oddly and from what I am seeing, some versions seem to have up to missions like 94? with English Voice Acting in their sections so I know they are in the game coding, so what the hell is going on did some of our content get cut, and if so why and also wtf?
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#2CuddlyGlaceonPosted 2/25/2014 11:42:21 PM
Online has 94 missions. Offline is 85.
#3geelwPosted 2/26/2014 10:18:54 AM
OP, there are NO missing stages in ANY version of the game. If you only play offline, you'll miss the nine maps made for online play. Same thing in the import. I think it was a goofy decision because people who can't connect to PSN will miss out on those maps, but it was made early on it seems. You can still get ALL 780 weapons playing offline solo, you're just missing some maps made for multiple players (loads of bugs, bosses and challenge).
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#4Zignoff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 7:28:56 AM
That's a tad bit odd, so I HAVE the missions, but only if I do them through multiplayer?
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#5ninebreaker47Posted 2/27/2014 9:27:13 AM
Zignoff posted...
That's a tad bit odd, so I HAVE the missions, but only if I do them through multiplayer?

Yup. Thats why i only play online. Build up your friends list full of edf players so you always have someone to play with because solo online is hard as hell because enemies have 3x the HP and do 3x the damage. 2 players makes it only 1.85x, 3 players is 2.5x and 4 is 3x. So i usually play with only 2 or 3 players of similar skill to mine. Just figured i would let you know if you plan to play online. I think its way more fun then solo. Minus the bugs and glitches.
---
I play PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation Vita ::Psn:: Ninebreaker87 ::XBL:: iininebreakerii ::Steam:: Ninebreaker87
#6geelwPosted 2/27/2014 10:11:51 AM
ninebreaker47 posted...
Zignoff posted...

Yup. Thats why i only play online. Build up your friends list full of edf players so you always have someone to play with because solo online is hard as hell because enemies have 3x the HP and do 3x the damage. 2 players makes it only 1.85x, 3 players is 2.5x and 4 is 3x. So i usually play with only 2 or 3 players of similar skill to mine. Just figured i would let you know if you plan to play online. I think its way more fun then solo. Minus the bugs and glitches.

I'd respectfully have to disagree, nine. Solo offline is where it's at for me and a few other EDF fans with a side of couch co-op from time to time). The series just feels... right this way. More challenge to go it alone (it's doable with much effort), it forces you to think WAY outside the simple run and shoot box, you don't have to try and explain your crazy way of play to newbies who want Call O' Doody: Bugs, and the satisfaction of completing each difficulty in your own way is just unbeatable.

Okay, I also hate playing with unreliable folks or people who don't know how to play who just jump in and ruin a decent match, but even without that, I just love the craziness of looking out into a sea of red dots on that radar, saying "OK." and going for it. It's a total rush, that's for sure!
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#7ninebreaker47Posted 2/27/2014 11:37:49 AM
Well all the people i play with are from 2017 and are edf veterans in which we all achieved Platinums together so im not having an issue with random newbies. We all were headsets and discuss strategies before we deploy. For instance one guy will focus on the boss with powerful long range weapons while another keeps the bugs at bay playing decoy while another is providing backup from a distance and the last guys is taking out dropships/tunnel entrances etc... Thats just an example. Its a blast with the right people at your side.
---
I play PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation Vita ::Psn:: Ninebreaker87 ::XBL:: iininebreakerii ::Steam:: Ninebreaker87