Mission Mode vs. Online Mission Mode

#1PhandralPosted 4/1/2014 7:05:57 AM
Is there any difference besides the co-op factor? Also, do the trophies stack (ie: do you have to beat normal on single player, co-op, or even both to get that trophy or either will work)?

Many apologies for these noobish questions!
---
Patiently awaiting sequels to: Robot Alchemic Drive (R.A.D), Shadow of Rome, God Hand, Wild ARMs, Strider
#2DanKuugaPosted 4/1/2014 8:08:12 AM
Online, the enemies are tougher, dependent on the number of players. Can't remember the exact numbers, but I know you DON'T want to play online solo.

Online & Offline completion is separate, so if you want the trophies, you'll have to play all of one difficulty on one or the other. You cannot play say, missions 1-20 offline, then play the rest online (or vice-versa).
One thing I don't know is if you can get a trophy for playing a higher difficulty. For example, would I get the Hard trophy for beating Hardest? I'm 2 battles from the answer to this, but I'm having trouble with them. As soon as I farm enough armor, I'll know.
#3ninebreaker47Posted 4/1/2014 8:24:20 AM(edited)
The differences between online and offline are as follows.

Online has an enemy health and damage modifier. The multiplier is based on how many people are in the room your playing in.

1 player 3x
2 players 1.875x
3 players 2.5x
4 players 3x

(There is no multiplier for offline play even in split screen mode)

So playing online by yourself is not recomended because it gives enemies 3 times the health and they do 3 times the damage. 2,3,or 4 players is recomended.

You can revive other players online by using select button. Same goes for offline split screen mode.

Also there is only 85 missions offline and online has 94 missions. So there is 9 extra missions throughout the online mission mode that are not accesable offline.

Some trophies can only be obtained online or in splitscreen mode. Like revive someone 50 times and using a reverser on someone. The mission completion trophies can be done either online or offline BUT your mission completion % from offline does not carry over to online or vice versa so just pick one and stick with it. As for the kill "blank" number of "blank" enemy type trophies they are based on your battle report statistics which are effected by both online and offline play. Same goes for collecting weapons and building up your armor rating trophies.

I think that pretty much covers it. :)
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#4ninebreaker47Posted 4/1/2014 8:22:51 AM
DanKuuga posted...

One thing I don't know is if you can get a trophy for playing a higher difficulty. For example, would I get the Hard trophy for beating Hardest? I'm 2 battles from the answer to this, but I'm having trouble with them. As soon as I farm enough armor, I'll know.

No, it does not give you the trophy for easier difficulties by completing harder modes. You must complete them all seperately.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#5Phandral(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2014 10:15:31 AM
Thanks for your time and succinct answers, folks!
---
Patiently awaiting sequels to: Robot Alchemic Drive (R.A.D), Shadow of Rome, God Hand, Wild ARMs, Strider
#6Toho2Posted 4/1/2014 7:06:31 PM
I'm sorry, but the fact that offline and online completion rates are separate is just stupid. Sure some might see it as playing through the game twice, but if you want to play with your friend on the mission the dragons show up or the brain and you can only play mission 1, it's beyond frustrating. Just...why??
---
Master Chief was based on Storm 1. Storm 1 IS the original Master Chief!
YouTube: JLP GAMER
#7JackalPosted 4/1/2014 7:22:38 PM
Pseudo replay value.

I've completed all of the offline missions once with my ranger so I can play any of them with any class now. But then I had to go online and start all over. Not the most thrilling thing to look forward with additional missions added and extra difficulty in you try to solo like I was doing.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#8DanKuugaPosted 4/2/2014 12:08:03 PM
ninebreaker47 posted...
DanKuuga posted...

No, it does not give you the trophy for easier difficulties by completing harder modes. You must complete them all seperately.

Well, that sucks. What is the deal with the Japanese? I've seen that way too often on JP games. Do Japanese gamers buy one game every few months, and grind the living crap out of it? Or do they just have way more free time than I do?
#9TopdrunkeePosted 4/17/2014 11:55:27 PM(edited)

Well, that sucks. What is the deal with the Japanese? I've seen that way too often on JP games. Do Japanese gamers buy one game every few months, and grind the living crap out of it? Or do they just have way more free time than I do?

The former. It's why annual releases are so popular in Japan, (Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Monster Hunter, Pokemon. Tales of... rpgs, etc.) because they usually come out with a new installment by the time that you're already finished grinding & unlocking everything from the previous one.

Unlike America where their annual releases (Call of Duty) force you to fork over another 60$ worth of DLC to go along with your barebones game, most of Japan's annual releases already come with most of the content on disc. You just have to unlock it.

I sure wish a new EDF game would come out more annually and with a budget the size of Dynasty Warriors. For some reason everyone in the West thinks of those games as low budget, not realizing how much goddamn content is crammed inside each of those games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic
#10Toho2Posted 4/18/2014 7:01:26 PM
Topdrunkee posted...
Unlike America where their annual releases (Call of Duty) force you to fork over another 60$ worth of DLC to go along with your barebones game, most of Japan's annual releases already come with most of the content on disc. You just have to unlock it.

I sure wish a new EDF game would come out more annually and with a budget the size of Dynasty Warriors. For some reason everyone in the West thinks of those games as low budget, not realizing how much goddamn content is crammed inside each of those games.

Saving this. ;)
---
Storm 1 was Master Chief before Master Chief was cool. Storm 1 IS the original Master Chief!
YouTube: JLP GAMER