The classes DO NOT seem balanced....

#1VandorLeePosted 4/9/2014 1:07:10 PM
Wing: God. Awesome weapons, flying and can reload while switched to another gun.

Ranger: A nerfed wing. Worse weapons and cant fly.

Air raider: Finally something interesting. Using the right vehicle can wreck a stage and properly coordinating with the team to use buffs can make him awesome.

Fencer: This class never stops amazing me with how bad it sucks. I feel like i constantly come back to try different strategies just to realize he still sucks. His best setups are still worse than the other classes. You really have to know how to play him....because he sucks.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2Efx88Posted 4/9/2014 1:46:21 PM
Remember Vander, at first you didn't think much of the air raider either.

Keep an open mind when it comes to the Fencer.
#3VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 3:41:33 PM
When you compare mobility and the dps of Wing, the other classes arnt stacking up. The reload rates, rof, swaying and damage of the fencers weapons pale in comparison to wing.

Ranger should have much higher damaging weapons to compare with wings flight. Not the case. Fencer should have absolutely devastating weapons, they're not. The last mortar is so slow and not that damaging. The fire chain gun takes 6 seconds to start shooting and then you have to burst fire and the damage isn't impressive either.

This is the same for his melee. Wing can easily surpass it with the last lance. Shields arnt that good either, much better just to fly away and keep distance with wing.

Air raiders at least unique, some vehicles can wreck certain stages and he can buff himself and others. Wings still much better.
---
#4unnamedFerPosted 4/9/2014 4:55:32 PM
waaaaah waaaah!!
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#5VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 6:10:48 PM
I mean the fencer is a refreshing challenge. (Seeing as he sucks)
---
#6Dak_DarklighterPosted 4/9/2014 7:54:57 PM
He's not wrong, the Fencer is described as having a Power Frame in order to equip heavy weapons - but it obviously doesn't seem to do much because these weapons still cause a ridiculous amount of aiming sway and slower walking.

The Fencer's explosive weapons are limited to mortars and missiles - both of which aren't great for attacking long distance as the mortar has a bullet drop and the missiles have a minimum lock-on. The biggest problem with this is that most of the mortars come with a zoom rather than a jump booster, and if you don't bring a mortar you don't have great crowd control weapons. This wouldn't be so bad if the Fencer had some sort of dumbfire rocket salvo, so that the shots don't fall like the Ranger's Launchers.

Missiles are questionable as some of the Fencer's missile weapons even malfunction - particularly the HAIM missiles. Twice yesterday one of the missile that fell from the tube didn't ignite, it just fell to the ground and exploded me. The rest of them are launched dangerously close the ground as it is.

His walking and aiming speed can be overlooked on Easy/Normal/Hard, but when you get to Hardest and Inferno it's fatal. The enemies get ridiculously faster and fire more projectiles too, whereas none of the Fencer's equipment gets lighter, meaning he is always the same speed across every difficulty. At this point you get swarmed easily, also meaning your explosive weapons are suicidal to use.

Some of his weapons (35mm Cannon especially) don't start reloading until the animation of the frame absorbing the shock is finished. Minor problem, but still annoying on later difficulties.

The last gripe with the Fencer is how his weapons scale with the difficulty. With the R, WD and AR, their weapons don't just get stronger, they also fire faster/reload faster/fire further/more ammo as they get better. A majority of the Fencer's weapons only get stronger.

I believe these are quite legitimate problems with the class, who I had fun with until I got to Hardest. Now it's just gruelling.
#7sneakysnakePosted 4/9/2014 8:54:10 PM
I agree. Wing Diver flat out-DPSes everything else in pretty much every situation. Ranger is offensively underpowered. His 3000 hp Reverse Bomber somewhat makes up for it though. No real complaints with Air Raider except I never use the relatively useless Battle Suits. Fencers are generally helpless against flying enemies.
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#8Fatal LightningPosted 4/9/2014 9:01:02 PM
I don't think they were meant to be
---
PSN:fatallightning
ME: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/fatal_lightning/
#9VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 11:53:42 AM
While the Ranger seems a little lacking in the damage department and leaves you feeling like why dont i pick the more mobile flying class with better weapons and the Air Raiders unique enough to have fun with, the Fencer is the horrible class you only play as a joke or for extra challenge.
---
#10VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 4:48:54 PM
sneakysnake posted...
I agree. Wing Diver flat out-DPSes everything else in pretty much every situation. Ranger is offensively underpowered. His 3000 hp Reverse Bomber somewhat makes up for it though. No real complaints with Air Raider except I never use the relatively useless Battle Suits. Fencers are generally helpless against flying enemies.

Busterlord, firelord, and the last vagolta have their purposes.
---