The classes DO NOT seem balanced....

#31unnamedFerPosted 5/7/2014 7:39:36 PM
dash cancelling is stopping the ending lag you get after a dash with a something that attacks fast, letting you dash again.

heres an example right as the video starts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUCHH6ODvXY&list=PLs-0MW5FwBsmmvs5TUDHmnU_mZGebmhBh&feature=share&index=34

Mind you, it doesnt need to always be that weapon he carries on his left arm, can be a variety of weapons, fast and slow but youll obviously want a fast one.
It just happens that the javelyn catapult allows for the fastest dash cancelling.

I usually go with a force axe which lets me dash and it attacks very fast, so I can dash cancel with that weapon alone.
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#32DuConLaFlemePosted 5/11/2014 6:19:45 PM
I love Fencer fire power but it's just useless at anything because of delays for everything(playing on inferno)
You're dashing all the way and a spider jump in your way?
Your only hope is to dash and dash until you die.
If you try to hit it, you need to wait a second to stop
Take an other second to switch weapon
Take a final second to die before the weapon shoot because you're now surrounded by a hundred spiders and ants.
The only weapon that's somewhat useful is the spine diver(or something) because there's no delay before shooting.

Best part is, if you somehow manage to survive shooting and want to change weapon/jump/do anything you have to wait for the weapon to finish its animation.

Also the aiming is terrible, takes forever before the cursor start moving and take forever before it stop moving making it completely useless for fast reactions.

Basically, it's really good at shooting a single target(And still, the recoil make it impossible to shoot with precision), if there's more you'll die.
#33Lord DragonFyrePosted 5/12/2014 3:44:30 PM
i dont have any of the problems you are complaining about ducon... while dashing.. fireing a blasthole spear causes your dash to carry on while attacking.. letting you attack while circling your target.. great for anthills and swarms of ants.. the penetration of the attack hitting multiple enemies in a row.

yes you have to wait for the attack animation to finish to switch weapons.. but thats the drawback of HEAVY WEAPONS... use the lighter faster weapons to switch faster.... and play smart.. if you see on your radar.. enemies getting close and coming near you.. STOP attacking.. and change to close range combat.

the heavy cannons.. do have recoil.. but with practice and skill.. you can EASILY fire at targets reliably every second and hit things at 800+ meters... even things as small as ants.

again.. dont call a fencer useless just becuase your not of the skill level or mindset to use it properly
---
Dare not EVER meddle within the affairs of us dragons for you are rather crunchy and flavor well with BBQ sauce.
www.dfstormbringer.deviantart.com - MH Guide
#34Toho2Posted 5/13/2014 4:07:14 AM
Lord DragonFyre posted...
yes you have to wait for the attack animation to finish to switch weapons.. but thats the drawback of HEAVY WEAPONS... use the lighter faster weapons to switch faster.... and play smart.. if you see on your radar.. enemies getting close and coming near you.. STOP attacking.. and change to close range combat.

the heavy cannons.. do have recoil.. but with practice and skill.. you can EASILY fire at targets reliably every second and hit things at 800+ meters... even things as small as ants.

again.. dont call a fencer useless just becuase your not of the skill level or mindset to use it properly

I must be the only one who loves the Fencer and doesn't complain about any of his drawbacks. He's not a Ranger, so you can't play him like one.
---
Storm 1 was Master Chief before Master Chief was cool. Storm 1 IS the original Master Chief!
YouTube: JLP GAMER
#35DuConLaFlemePosted 5/13/2014 8:05:50 AM
What weapons are not heavy?
Because so far everything I used is heavy: Mortar, hand canon, gatling, shotgun, flamethrower, missiles and most melee weapons.
The only ones I tried that had a small delay(but still had one) were the spine diver, spear and mirror shield.
And using melee weapons with 40m range or 1 attack per second when you're swarmed isn't really useful.
#36unnamedFerPosted 5/13/2014 11:58:08 AM
The heavy weapons that take time until you can switch weapons are the "artillery" (not counting ligh mortars and NC cannons) weapons hes talking about, "automatic artillery" is much more forgiving in that aspect.
---
#37Toho2Posted 5/14/2014 10:09:57 AM
DuConLaFleme posted...
What weapons are not heavy?
Because so far everything I used is heavy: Mortar, hand canon, gatling, shotgun, flamethrower, missiles and most melee weapons.
The only ones I tried that had a small delay(but still had one) were the spine diver, spear and mirror shield.
And using melee weapons with 40m range or 1 attack per second when you're swarmed isn't really useful.

Maybe you should move on from the Fencer if you're having so much trouble. All the weapons I've used for him (slightly under a half I'd say) all have some sort of recoil of delay to them. You can't go running and gunning. Choose your equipment appropriately for the select mission and when the baddies show up pre-fire for AOE damage.
---
Storm 1 was Master Chief before Master Chief was cool. Storm 1 IS the original Master Chief!
YouTube: JLP GAMER
#38DuConLaFlemePosted 5/20/2014 5:33:38 AM
Finally unlocked the dual javelin catapult and gave it a try.
Makes the game a lot easier but using anything but catapult + spine diver is suicide
Flying enemies go for my back if I have a shield and do massive damage.
#39unnamedFerPosted 5/20/2014 8:18:58 AM
dexter automatic shotguns are not that bad for flying enemies.

Also spears (including flashing spears) can hit multiple enemies, which justifies its speed to some extent. Blasthole spear MS is quite amazing.
Same goes for the slashes from the dinamo blades and the shockwaves of the hammer.
---
#40Lord DragonFyrePosted 5/20/2014 3:03:53 PM
jav hopping is nice for easy normal and some of hard..... but get into the real difficulties and your catapult/spine driver combo will get you rolled over in seconds.

silver spiders and gold ants will keep pace up with you and can do 100k damage with a full acid blast. without a shield to nerf most that damage.. even your speed its only a matter of time before you go down.

as for the spine driver... range is crap.. damage is average.. but its a slow attack speed and hits only one target... widly agreed as the most USELESS os CC piercers.

you want single target domination.. you want a jackhammer.
you want group domination.. you want the flash spears...
you want best all around.. blast hole... it has great damage.. DPS is on par with the jackhammer.. has the longest range of the melee weapons.. and has pierce.. which is REQUIRED on inferno.

master shield and blasthole MS will breeze you though solo on crimson inferno... while your 3 other teammates are dead and crying for revival.
this combo will also allow you to breeze through the entire streatch of death queen on inferno up to the queen herself.. which battle cannons make short work of.

just learn to use the character... get to your target... and ala mechwarriors pattened "dance of death" dashto the side.. while keeping your aim focused on your target.. dash.. attack.. dash.. attack.. this pattern keeps you moving.. and with your shield up your mitigating 90% of damage from the majority of enemies while doing penetrating damage to the lot of them.
---
Dare not EVER meddle within the affairs of us dragons for you are rather crunchy and flavor well with BBQ sauce.
www.dfstormbringer.deviantart.com - MH Guide