Been a while

#1chethecatPosted 6/19/2014 9:36:29 AM
I finally had a chance to get back on this a couple days ago. Was only able to get 10 missions cranked out, but I was, as always, having a blast. Just wish I had someone who wanted to play local co-op. Online just didn't work well for me -- my connection is so crummy and that the progress from single/multi is totally separate really turned me off to it.

Even so -- I love the game. I think I'll be playing it until the PS3 dies the final death years from now.
---

~Cheshire~
#2ninebreaker47Posted 6/19/2014 9:54:30 AM(edited)
Hey there Cheshire.

Don't worry, your not the only one. I have been slacking on my EDF for quite some time. I post on the boards for it still, but i haven't been playing. Mostly because i have been distracted with other games. Like the fact i just got a Plat in the FFX HD Remaster for the Vita and i just bought Borderlands 2 for the Vita, so now i am going to be distracted by that. Lol.

Also i plan to get a PS4 in a few weeks. So now i have no idea how i am going to find time for EDF when i keep buying new stuff to play with. O.o
---
"No mater how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." Posted using GameFlux
#3chethecat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 2:08:05 PM
I've got FFX X HD (PS3) and just haven't had the time to dedicate to it. Heck, last time I played I just finished the Operation Mi'hen section.

I just got my plat on Borderlands 2 on Tuesday night... so I probably won't be playing that again soon because I have so much.

I got a PS4 months ago and do use it, but because of my PS3 backlog it doesn't have nearly as much as it could.

Even so -- if I had someone to play local with... then it wouldn't be me playing Ranger or Wing Diver just dragging through a static Fencer or Air Raider so they can get mission credit. Even so, I still love to play when I get the chance.
---

~Cheshire~
#4ninebreaker47Posted 6/19/2014 7:40:34 PM
Nice. Sounds like we have a pretty similar interest in games. Too bad you already finished BL2. I know you don't really do multiplayer much, but maybe we could have played some together.

Any other games on the menu besides 2025?
---
"No mater how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." Posted using GameFlux
#5Toho2Posted 6/20/2014 8:11:40 AM
I've been slowing down on 2025. It just starts to get boring trying to do every level with every class.
---
Remember those nuclear born creatures from the 50's? Giant insects and monsters? Well their back in EDF 2025.
EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!
#6chethecat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:09:23 AM
OH BL2 I played the hell out of multi. I love co-op multi games and was really excited for 2025s. But the weapon limits (which I get but also hate) drove me batty and the fact that unlike 2017 the progress in online and offline weren't shared -- yeah, I know there are extra missions online, but the not shared to the 70% limit, just really irked me.

Can BL2 Vita and PS3 play together? I know it supports cross save characters... otherwise yeah, I can't justify spending $40 on the Vita version when I have so much else going on -- and that's just SOME of the games, not to mention that dreadful thing known as real life.
---

~Cheshire~
#7chethecat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:10:53 AM
Toho2 posted...
I've been slowing down on 2025. It just starts to get boring trying to do every level with every class.

That's why I've been split-screening it... just dragging along a second class who is almost always idle just so they get mission completes (and some armor).
---

~Cheshire~
#8ninebreaker47Posted 6/20/2014 9:36:01 AM
chethecat posted...
OH BL2 I played the hell out of multi. I love co-op multi games and was really excited for 2025s. But the weapon limits (which I get but also hate) drove me batty and the fact that unlike 2017 the progress in online and offline weren't shared -- yeah, I know there are extra missions online, but the not shared to the 70% limit, just really irked me.

I hear you man. I don't know why the didn't just keep it like it was in 2017 portable. I would probably play it more if that was the case. Being able to bounce back and forth was a great feature. Taking that out probably irked me even more then the online issues. Actually they kind of go hand in hand. If i am having a lot of online issues i would at least like to jump offline and get some mission complete % for a while until i can get a good game going...

Can BL2 Vita and PS3 play together? I know it supports cross save characters... otherwise yeah, I can't justify spending $40 on the Vita version when I have so much else going on -- and that's just SOME of the games, not to mention that dreadful thing known as real life.

No. You can only play 2-player co-op on the Vita. Since the console and PC versions have 4-player co-op, ps3 and Vita playing together really wouldn't work. That would have been a nice touch though.

And yeah, real life is such a nuisance. Always getting in the way of my gaming. xD
---
#9gamemaster712Posted 6/20/2014 11:01:20 AM
Been playing 2017 since that's all I have...
No ps3.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/GE PR/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#10ninebreaker47Posted 6/20/2014 11:21:23 AM
gamemaster712 posted...
Been playing 2017 since that's all I have...
No ps3.

:(

Didn't you Platinum that game a long time ago gamemaster?
---