Wow, Capcom dlc shenanigans at its finest again...

#1Mason_CainPosted 4/25/2013 9:32:07 PM
So DA SHOULD have been dlc, but they force you to buy the game again as well... But then all the dlc I had previously doesn't work with it? Are they going to reupload it all and charge me even more?

Can someone test something who owns both games? I may borrow a copy of the original, male my char with all the dlc installed and pick it up, then transfer my save - would that work?

If not, I think I'll just be done with Capcom until they start acting with a tiny but more integrity.
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#2NateRose89Posted 4/25/2013 9:46:11 PM
This is probably the one time Capcom haven't shtooped us with the DLC. So on behalf of DD fans, shut up.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#3Greatfox1313Posted 4/25/2013 10:13:40 PM
Well, although I haven't really looked into it much, all original DLC should be included in DA. This obviously includes any DLC you've bought and any you decided not to buy. I at least know that I've seen a few Request Board missions from DLC that I never bought. I'm not entirely sure where you got your info, but it appears you should look into things like this a bit more in the future.

As for not selling DA separately, I agree it would have been nice to have the option to just buy DA alone, however a few people on this board I've seen(along with myself) decided to trade in the original after learning DA wouldn't not be available separately.
---
Signature Sold Separately
#4RavetownPosted 4/25/2013 10:50:18 PM
To say all DD fans are happy about the $40 expansion should be changed to "DD fan(boys)". Many many people are not happy about the tactic, buy acknowledge (grudgingly) that the game would have zero expansions unless they did this. I would have much rather had DD2, but hey, so it goes.
#5koichiPosted 4/26/2013 1:31:02 AM
Ravetown posted...
To say all DD fans are happy about the $40 expansion should be changed to "DD fan(boys)". Many many people are not happy about the tactic, buy acknowledge (grudgingly) that the game would have zero expansions unless they did this. I would have much rather had DD2, but hey, so it goes.

If the people who are happy about it are fanboys, then everyone else are trolls.

because **** logic.

But seriously, dont throw words around.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#6superdiddy34Posted 4/26/2013 4:08:24 AM
koichi posted...
Ravetown posted...

If the people who are happy about it are fanboys, then everyone else are trolls.

because **** logic.

But seriously, dont throw words around.

and this is how the internet works
---
Gamertag:Urbandemon34
#7CarpetfluffPosted 4/26/2013 5:07:15 AM
Well, frankly, I missed having the game which I'd traded after playing the hell out of it and as paid 17 ($26) for it, and I got the game I loved back, plus all the dlc, tweaks and fixes and of course an entire new island...you'll hear no complaints from me. I'm still a bit confused why the US price seems to be relatively higher than the the European one, unless it has something to do with it having sold better in Europe the first time. With the size of the extra stuff being what it is, chances are even as DLC only it would've been running you $20 anyway.
#8PhadinPosted 4/26/2013 6:16:32 AM
Mason_Cain posted...
So DA SHOULD have been dlc, but they force you to buy the game again as well... But then all the dlc I had previously doesn't work with it? Are they going to reupload it all and charge me even more?

Can someone test something who owns both games? I may borrow a copy of the original, male my char with all the dlc installed and pick it up, then transfer my save - would that work?

If not, I think I'll just be done with Capcom until they start acting with a tiny but more integrity.

Don't misunderstand about the inclusion of the DLC. The DLC content from vanilla DD is automatically included in DA. All the extra equipment and quests are there available for you to play. The only difference is you wont' be given a free copy of the DLC equipment. You'll have to buy it from the Black Cat. Everything else, like the extra quests and From a Different Sky token quests are all there as well.
#9ArchonKnightPosted 4/26/2013 6:46:23 AM
It was explained by Capcom that the work they put into the expansion and the updates was too much information to make into DLC. They were force to make it on another disc (two, actually, seeing as the game comes with another disc with the game's texture pack and the Japanese voices on it for separate installation; they still could not fit it all on one disc).
---
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
Memento Mori
#10squeakthedragonPosted 4/26/2013 12:13:53 PM
Considering that you put the Dark Arisen disk in and just continue playing off the same save file, it is effectively what it claims to be: an expansion.

In this case the development team did make a mistake: the hooks for significant DLC were not properly built into the game. Capcom has made this mistake before - vanilla Street Fighter IV did not have DLC hooks, but Super Street Fighter IV did (hence, its version updates were available as DLC as well as on a retail disc.)

Generally, there's so much new content and game experience improvements in Dark Arisen, it would be a $20-30 expansion even if released a a download only. The extra ten bucks on its price is due to the problem of printing and shipping discs, basically.

So Capcom did make a mistake somewhere along the line, but it's hard to see Dark Arisen as profiteering in the same sense as say, Street Fighter X Tekken.