Dark Arisen Installation

#1NAMEPosted 4/26/2013 8:32:51 PM
Did You Install the Full Game? :) - Results (71 votes)
No, Just the Texture Pack! :)
14.08% (10 votes)
No, Just the Installation Disk 2: Japanese Voices + Texture Pack! :)
11.27% (8 votes)
No, Just...No...aka, I Like Red Rings! :P
2.82% (2 votes)
No, Just...No... :/ I have no space, aka, I am playing Defiance on an old HDD! :(
1.41% (1 votes)
Yes! :) Things Run Crazy Fast! :P Can't Play Defiance though... :(
7.04% (5 votes)
Yes! :) Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...Fast! :)
63.38% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've heard people complaining about slowdown when they first got it, or how the new expansion disks didn't improve anything, but I have to wonder...how many people ACTUALLY installed the FULL game, meaning the textures and Japanese voice first, then installed the main game? :? Menus fly by way too fast (not counting forging), there is less slowdown with Great Cannon attacks, and many things load faster, including accessing the server! :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#2NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:25:06 PM
Wow, pretty split! :o If you plan on playing a whole BB Isle run, you should install it all if you can, because everything is so much faster -- the main game faster more so! :) I guess they wanted to make up for the mandatory install of the first game versus the PS3 version, or maybe they are both super-optimized! :?
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#3ShizomouPosted 4/27/2013 9:58:43 PM
Hehe Defiance. I just wish DD:DA was on the PC as well...
---
"OH MY GOD YOUR ARMS LOOK ****ING STUPID"
"So does the hole I just punched through your chest." -Gnarly_B on Deus Ex: Human Revolution
#4fodo_gsrPosted 4/27/2013 10:03:30 PM
I installed the entire HD disc (textures & Japanese voices), then installed the first disc via the dashboard.

Pretty much everything in the game loads NOTICEABLY faster than in the original DD, installed to the HDD. Very happy. Everfall dungeons load so much faster!

Can't say if it helped fps at all as it would be pretty marginal if it did. However I think they did enhance the graphics (textures) somewhat over vanilla DD. Could be placebo, but I don't recall the game looking quite this sharp overall. My 2c.
#5NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 4:07:40 PM
The FPS boost comes from menus, certain areas/bosses, and ESPECIALLY the fireworks an MK with two to three GCs set off with a Blessed Riposte with Full Moon Slash! :) Not to mention 3 sorcerers casting high fulmination at the same time! :P I have yet to see it, but it is running faster in places where the game would just clip along! :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#6NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:29:04 PM
Majority wins! :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#7judge doomPosted 4/29/2013 9:07:55 PM
I installed the game and HD textures. I'm happy with the English voices.
#8CatfishWigginsPosted 4/29/2013 9:37:06 PM
Cannons don't make as much lag as they used to, but a couple sigils in a busy environment still slows the game down to a crawl.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#9yazman666Posted 4/30/2013 4:02:54 AM
ill be installing the game + HD pack....Anybody knows exactly what are the improvements the HD pack offers???? And guys, there is not even a point to discuss if you should install or not.....installations are always better for many reasons....less loading time, textures are a lot faster to load from the HHD than from disc...you significally extent the life of your drive and so and so...at this point i dont really get why ppl still play the games off the disc (unless you dont have enough space of course)
#10NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 4:00:47 PM
I don't have the space, because my DD disk barely corporeal, causing RoRD when running off the disk! :( I also have a 20 GB HDD -- I need a flash drive... :/ Anyway, the accessing server messages, menus, and I don't see the improvement in the HD textures, rumored to be the original textures, but they wouldn't fit on one disk...either way, the improvements are obvious to DD hermits, who have put more time in this game than a BA! :P
---
I'm supposed to be dead.