Sigh...Question abt Shadow Fort Balista

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Sigh...Question abt Shadow Fort Balista
3 years ago#1
So I started a new game - I can't remember how I killed the 2 ballistas across the castle. I'm able to wipe out everything, but I don't want to open the gate with the 2 ballistas occupied as they would crush the NPCs.

Do you just have to use the other one first and pray you hit the 2 across the way? Or is there a simpler way. I spent like 15min trying to hit them, blowing up their attacks along the way...but can't hit them.

Help?
I will hunt you down the beach Carth Onasi..and I will always leave you behind to die Kaiden.
3 years ago#2
You're better off just running up there to kill the goblins by hand.. or spell if thats how you roll.
Gamertag: Warat0g <--- its a zero...
PSN: Waratog
3 years ago#3
What I did was run to the castle wall so I couldn't get hit by the ballista that were on top of it.
Playing: Defiance, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Marvel Heroes Closed Beta.
Anticipating: The Last of Us, Marvel Heroes
3 years ago#4
I used the Ballistae on the right side(up the ladder) to shoot down the other Ballistae. I used regular bolts, shot the exploding ones and after a few tries, aimed a little higher then where they were coming from and popped the goblins, on the far turrets. Takes a little practice, but it can be done.
Xbox G-Tag: LorecDronso
3 years ago#5
If by any chance you happen to be playing as a sorcerer, maelstrom can take them out if you put the tornado next to the wall beneath them.
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
3 years ago#6
Cool thanks...I'm still just a Strider so no magic. Yeah I'll try doing the ballista thing..tried it before but was taking too long and I had no patience lol

If that doesn't work I guess I'll just wait till the gates open and take my chances that the Captain survives.

Man I forgot how much I loved this game.
I will hunt you down the beach Carth Onasi..and I will always leave you behind to die Kaiden.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Sigh...Question abt Shadow Fort Balista

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived