Sigh...Question abt Shadow Fort Balista

#1blazin-24-7Posted 4/30/2013 5:11:17 AM
So I started a new game - I can't remember how I killed the 2 ballistas across the castle. I'm able to wipe out everything, but I don't want to open the gate with the 2 ballistas occupied as they would crush the NPCs.

Do you just have to use the other one first and pray you hit the 2 across the way? Or is there a simpler way. I spent like 15min trying to hit them, blowing up their attacks along the way...but can't hit them.

Help?
---
I will hunt you down the beach Carth Onasi..and I will always leave you behind to die Kaiden.
#2JalopiePosted 4/30/2013 6:05:06 AM
You're better off just running up there to kill the goblins by hand.. or spell if thats how you roll.
---
Gamertag: Warat0g <--- its a zero...
PSN: Waratog
#3Special-EddPosted 4/30/2013 6:17:38 AM
What I did was run to the castle wall so I couldn't get hit by the ballista that were on top of it.
---
Playing: Defiance, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Marvel Heroes Closed Beta.
Anticipating: The Last of Us, Marvel Heroes
#4DemonicDragonXPosted 4/30/2013 6:18:04 AM
I used the Ballistae on the right side(up the ladder) to shoot down the other Ballistae. I used regular bolts, shot the exploding ones and after a few tries, aimed a little higher then where they were coming from and popped the goblins, on the far turrets. Takes a little practice, but it can be done.
---
Xbox G-Tag: LorecDronso
#5WhereDidItGoPosted 4/30/2013 7:47:17 AM
If by any chance you happen to be playing as a sorcerer, maelstrom can take them out if you put the tornado next to the wall beneath them.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#6blazin-24-7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:09:11 AM
Cool thanks...I'm still just a Strider so no magic. Yeah I'll try doing the ballista thing..tried it before but was taking too long and I had no patience lol

If that doesn't work I guess I'll just wait till the gates open and take my chances that the Captain survives.

Man I forgot how much I loved this game.
---
I will hunt you down the beach Carth Onasi..and I will always leave you behind to die Kaiden.