Relatively new to DA and have a few questions...

#1samedPosted 4/30/2013 6:12:34 AM
Ok so I got Dark Arisen when it came out last Friday and hadn't played Dogma beforehand. I'm currently a lvl.24 assassin, completing a few missions before I have an audience with the duke in grand soren and have a few questions.

The game hints say grand soren is the best place for weapons and armour. Is this true? I haven't seen anything good in the shops and the black cat has really cool looking stuff but with cr*p stats. I haven't received anything good in chests either. Are there any other places I can go for good gear? Any secret chests or bosses that'll net me some loot?

Is there any way to travel quicker? I'm not sure i understand feerystones and port thingys.

Should I be doing dlc post-game? I'm not even sure which parts ARE dlc apart from the island

Really I just want some direction towards getting good gear. At the moment I'm just doing as many bulletin quests as I can to level up but my armour and especially weapons a are pants
---
XBL: sclifford5
#2samed(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:13:45 AM
Also does DA contain ALL previous dlc from DD?
---
#3BlanksmithPosted 4/30/2013 6:33:58 AM
Try doing the quest that unlocks Ancient Quarry, guy there sells some good early game stuff and also chests in Soulflayer canyon has good gears that should last you til you can get end game gears. Also, shops update their stock depending on where you are on the main quest plus they also have a side quest that unlocks their top wares. And yes, DA has all previously released DLCs.
---
GT: xNoodles Pawn: Black Mamba Lv200 Challenger/Mitigator
GT: Sir Slowhand Pawn: Leonhart Lv50 Fighter
#4LEGEND_725Posted 4/30/2013 6:37:20 AM
samed posted...
Ok so I got Dark Arisen when it came out last Friday and hadn't played Dogma beforehand. I'm currently a lvl.24 assassin, completing a few missions before I have an audience with the duke in grand soren and have a few questions.

The game hints say grand soren is the best place for weapons and armour. Is this true? I haven't seen anything good in the shops and the black cat has really cool looking stuff but with cr*p stats. I haven't received anything good in chests either. Are there any other places I can go for good gear? Any secret chests or bosses that'll net me some loot?

Is there any way to travel quicker? I'm not sure i understand feerystones and port thingys.

Should I be doing dlc post-game? I'm not even sure which parts ARE dlc apart from the island

Really I just want some direction towards getting good gear. At the moment I'm just doing as many bulletin quests as I can to level up but my armour and especially weapons a are pants

The best place for gear is Bitterblack Isle added by DLC. However gear you find throughout the game can get you by and also shopkeepers upgrade throughout the game.. The black cat gear is the DLC gear that is mostly crap (ancient armor is good for the status resist).

Basically loot grinding will be from (A spoiler Dungeon you will find at the end)/Ur Dragon/ Bitterblack isle.

Ferrystones allow you to teleport to a port crystal. DA starts off with a portcrystal at Cassidis/Gran Soren and somwhere else that I forget at the moment. As long as you have ferrystones you can always teleport to them. However find port crystals and you can place them anywhere you want to teleport to them in the future.

DLC quests are the bottom bulletin board in the pawn guild (though I think others may show up elsewhere). Just stay patient and you will find cool stuff.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#5samed(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:43:59 AM
Cool thanks for the help guys. I'm in some sort of quarry/mine now so hopefully I'll get some decent gear here. If not I'll just be patient and progress through the story.

Glad to hear I can quick travel whenever I have a ferrystone. Although I'm not sure if I have any :/

So would it be unwise of me to be on bitterblack isle at this point?
---
#6ViscidiusPosted 4/30/2013 7:35:17 AM
No harm in trying lol, the gear would be worth the risk but probably won't get far in. Just kill the 3 trolls in quarry and talk to dude at entrance, he will open a shop in quarry with some nice stuff (the gear from the manga berserk if you know it)
#7KarathraxPosted 4/30/2013 7:39:31 AM
It is recommended that one be around level 50 to attempt it. My pawn is heavily trafficked by all levels, and I am seeing most of his returns as deaths-- even on normal and easy mode, BBI content is... challenging.

That said, at 200 on hard mode, I am enjoying the hell out of it.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti