Hit a difficulty wall in BBI. What now?

#1KrazyKarlPosted 4/30/2013 7:39:21 AM(edited)
I started playing BBI with my level 49 character (ranger). I've been able to get through a chunk of it by chipping away at bosses or just running from enemies I can't damage enough. Presently, I'm level 55 and can't progress beyond the dragon-summoning necromancer boss. I'm using a 2-star Savage Fang and fully rarified Kunais.

I'm intentionally playing through without a guide. If I do that, I'd be OCD about every chest and it'll ruin the experience for me.

So just looking for some general advice on how to proceed. Not really wanting to grind in everfall or BBI for levels. That's boring.

I'm thinking I could dragonforge some new equipment. What's the quickest/best way to dragonforge gear after beating the boss of the main game? Also, is it possible for me to get a better longbow than Savage Fang at this point? (How?) Thanks!
#2Zero0ReaperPosted 4/30/2013 7:44:58 AM
KrazyKarl posted...
I started playing BBI with my level 49 character (ranger). I've been able to get through a chunk of it by chipping away at bosses or just running from enemies I can't damage enough. Presently, I'm level 55 and can't progress beyond the dragon-summoning necromancer boss. I'm using a 2-star Savage Fang and fully rarified Kunais.

I'm intentionally playing through without a guide. If I do that, I'd be OCD about every chest and it'll ruin the experience for me.

So just looking for some general advice on how to proceed. Not really wanting to grind in everfall or BBI for levels. That's boring.

I'm thinking I could dragonforge some new equipment. What's the quickest/best way to dragonforge gear after beating the boss of the main game? Also, is it possible for me to get a better longbow than Savage Fang at this point? (How?) Thanks!

If you want to dragonforge fast u can go fight the dragon in devil horn ( by shadow fort) u can save before fighting just in case it doesn't dragonforge. Then reload and try again. Remember the more stars the equipment has the greater the chance to dragonforge
---
Live gamertag: Zero0Reaper/ DD Arisen 159 Assassin: pawn 159 Sorcerer... live: MalumReaper/ DD Arisen 101 Magick Archer: pawn 101 fighter
#3DemonicDragonXPosted 4/30/2013 8:32:16 AM
Also, Dragons in BBI have a higher chance of DF'ing equipment, and Barroch, the Arisen Shopkeep guy, he will take your DF from Bronze, up to Silver, or Gold.
---
Xbox G-Tag: LorecDronso
#4KrazyKarl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:45:42 AM
Yeah I've already been doing rarify. I don't think I'm able to defeat any of the dragons in BBI at level 55. Right now I'm grinding out boring drake kills > rest at inn 7x > repeat.
#5VitharPosted 4/30/2013 8:59:34 AM
I started BBI at lv67, it was rough but I did upper stratum until I could do center, than same for depths. I finally beat Daimon at lvl 97 last night, took about 35 minutes and was epic :)

Going through 2nd run now and just beat the eye and am LV101
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#6KrazyKarl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:04:07 AM
Ok I'm stuck at the necromancer boss that controls the dragon. What point in BBI is that - upper, center, lower?

Just got a DF on my Savage Fang so that should help damage potential.
#7VitharPosted 4/30/2013 9:17:25 AM
upper is to the big eye, center is where you are at now with pope boss and depths is the last area to the last boss. I go by shortcuts boss 1-2-3

Yeah cursed pope gave me a lot of trouble at first. There's usually a fey whisper in a chest in the room with the cyplop before pope. That could help if you are using a bow.
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#8KrazyKarl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:20:44 AM
Ok I guess level 55 is just really early to try to clear the center level. Already picked up a Fey Whisper. But I think Savage Fang should be better.

Does anyone know the silver and gold upgrade materials for Savage Fang? It's not listed in any of the wikis I searched.