Dark Arisen story? (spoilers)

#1katerinafmPosted 5/1/2013 1:57:55 AM
I've done a few runthroughs with my main and alt by now, but I'm a little confused with the storyline of DA. Do I have this right?

First, there was Grette, who was arisen and had a main pawn named Olra. Daimon wasn't a pawn (or was he? I'm not sure) but he followed her around and fell in love with Olra and loved Grette like a mother(?). Then Grette died when fighting the Seneschal and Daimon eventually became the new arisen (talk about coincidence), and the dragon (now Grette) took Olra when he refused to make a choice (his beloved). Then he cursed himself into becoming the final boss, and you fight him to release his spirit.

If that is correct, then what is his second form about? Is he still trapped despite freeing him the first time? And when you kill his second form, a man who disappears like a pawn (was he Daimon? I'm pretty sure he looked different), appears for a few seconds. So what's up with that?

Also, does Daimon being in love with Olra (and Olra showing feelings towards him when you see them in the end), show that pawns can have romantic feelings and are not as emotionless as everyone in Gransys seems to believe?

Also, the Olra you meet at the beginning (not the one Daimon loved), was there because she was an Arisen who was drawn to this place, but because of the similar name and appearance of the other Olra stayed there and called you forward? And is the multible arisen existing at the same time explained? Does BBI exist in multible worlds due to Daimon's curse?

Any help is appreciated!
#2PetphotPosted 5/1/2013 4:26:34 AM
My Pawn said this: 'Tis not the same creature... I sense the dragon!

However i don't think its Grigori because i think it is possible to fight him before you fight Grigori (unlikely, but possible). Also one of the lines he says is "I shall await you in the crucible of souls", im assuming a previously deceased dragon? Maybe?

This is all speculation.
---
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.
#3CatfishWigginsPosted 5/1/2013 4:39:34 AM
It is hardly a coincidence. The dragon chooses the arisen by eating their heart. She deliberately choose Daimon's human form as the arisen.

I don't think Daimon's name was Daimon before he was corrupted. I think it was a name he choose for his new form.

There can be multiple arisen. The dragon forged hid from the dragon, the duke sacrificed his wife to become duke... they die when their dragon dies though... I'm not sure how Barroch is still alive. There must be multiple dragons that all go out and choose different arisen, but the original story made it seem like that wasn't the case.

...Maybe when the dragon corrupted Daimon it fused with him? Then Barroch wouldn't have died because his dragon didn't technically die, and it would also explain how Daimon2 keeps reviving itself. Grigori fades into dust when you kill him, but the Ur keeps reviving himself over and over.

Maybe Grigori doesn't revive because he gave his arisen their hearts back, but Daimon2 and Ur keep their arisen's hearts, so they can revive themselves.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#4god_of_dragon_Posted 5/1/2013 8:08:45 AM(edited)
Someone hasn't been reading the Epitath, nor the subtitles XD
Daimon's name is Ashe.

CatfishWiggins posted...
Maybe Grigori doesn't revive because he gave his arisen their hearts back, but Daimon2 and Ur keep their arisen's hearts, so they can revive themselves.

What does this sound like Hmm... A wakestone perhaps... which is indeed an Arisen's heart...
*loots Daimon 2nd form and finds Vile Wakestone*
Let's remember that Ashe never got his heart back and therefore shouldn't drop a wakestone upon death. I think your theory is having a lot of sense.

Something else about "multiverse." This has been established that there are many other worlds, which is why pawns talk about traveling to other worlds across the rift. However, there seems to be one place where all worls are connected: The Everfall. That's until Dark Arisen.

Barroch's words give quite a lot of insight about the island. He says that this place didn't exist in any scores, maps, history. He also suggest that the intricate design of the place and the fact that there are monsters who don't appear outside of BBI makes it possible that the whole place is created out of Ashe's will as Daimon (which it's partly through since there's the Awakened Daimon now).

Considering the number of Arisens there and how the timeline may have trouble working with Olra + Barroch, it's possible that BBI is also a place similar to the Everfall, where it exists in a separate plane and connects to all worlds (just a theory).

Ashe said words such as "damned this eternal ring, the dragon, the Seneschal, and everything" (not the exact words). What did the dragon do? It gave him a cursed form that will beckon other Arisens there to die, so that the eternal ring cannot be continued since there won't be new a new Seneschal if all Arisens just gets killed. He pretty much "damned" the Seneschal this way.

Seeing it like this, along with his power to create a whole island and monsters out of his will, he's kinda like an Anti-Seneschal, and since the Seneschal is possibly the stewart of all worlds (one of the theory, since another one suggest there's more than one Seneschal, but that would be weird since the Everfall connects them all), Daimon can be the devil of all worlds.

Little thoughts to give and think about. I think Capcom did better this time with the presentation of the story, as opposed to the main game.
---
PSN: CHIGE23
Alt PSN: Rothwind
#5MirageAngelPosted 5/3/2013 12:30:21 AM
Petphot posted...
My Pawn said this: 'Tis not the same creature... I sense the dragon!

However i don't think its Grigori because i think it is possible to fight him before you fight Grigori (unlikely, but possible). Also one of the lines he says is "I shall await you in the crucible of souls", im assuming a previously deceased dragon? Maybe?

This is all speculation.

I felt, from my interpretation, that the "dragon" attached to Daimon is Grette. It's definitely not Grigori as that would screw up the storyline in a big way if you've already completed the relevant quest after Deny Salvation. Given what happens to the Dragon, I think it's safe to say he wouldn't (or rather couldn't) come back to join the maddness at BBI.

I agree with the notion that Daimon could be seen as an Anti-Seneschal and that he is trying to trap Arisen on his Isle to stop them completing the 'cycle of eternal return'. I'm just surprised that he has not tried to mount a direct attack against the Seneschal.

Is something trapping him on BBI? Maybe I missed the explanation of that.
---
Savan's #1 Fan~!