Ideal spell as a Sorcerer to stagger Daimon during his vacuum attack?

#1FiGhTiNCoWBoYPosted 5/8/2013 2:22:11 PM(edited)
Decided to do a few runs as Sorc to boost up my magick and I can't effectively stop him during his vacuum attack. One time I managed to get off a Seism as I was being sucked in but that skill is very hit or miss anyway. Normally Maelstrom would just be my go-to in this situation but I'm having some trouble timing it right to hit as he's doing his Vacuum.

Does anyone know of a spell that'll stagger him consistently during his vacuum phase so that my pawns won't get sucked away? Right now I have on Bolide, Gicel, Fulmination, Seism, Maelstrom, and Comestion.

Thanks
#2AtrabiliousPosted 5/8/2013 2:28:05 PM
Bolide, gicel, maelstrom all do the job.

But there's really no point to using them to stagger him. Just used a holy buffed charged bolt (hold X), if you're beefed up with 4 demon's periapts it's guaranteed to knock him out of the attack and also deal 1-3 bars of damage to him.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#3FiGhTiNCoWBoY(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:53:49 PM(edited)
Atrabilious posted...
Bolide, gicel, maelstrom all do the job.

But there's really no point to using them to stagger him. Just used a holy buffed charged bolt (hold X), if you're beefed up with 4 demon's periapts it's guaranteed to knock him out of the attack and also deal 1-3 bars of damage to him.

I had heard that but I feel like my game doesn't work when it comes to the Focused Bolt attack. I hold X but it shoots the same little blast as always.

Edit* Just looked on the wiki at Focused Bolt and mine definitely doesn't do that. I gotta figure out wtf is wrong...
#4CaledhPosted 5/8/2013 3:36:51 PM
You need to hold x for quite a while. The staff will flash and you'll see small orbs floating around it if it is charged. Then release x and you'll have your charged bolt.
---
"What a disappointment - I was hoping for the 'Rains of Castamere'."
#5umn09Posted 5/8/2013 4:16:53 PM
i like play as sorcerer (can pretty much kill everything in BB) but sorcerer is just too slow for daimon

I can't stand using charge bolt when I have much more powerful spells,

but MA is a better option if you're a sorc player
---
If there is an intelligent designer, then why are you so ugly?
#6DrJawlessPosted 5/11/2013 1:10:52 AM
I give him an ingle to the face.
Though I don't have bolide and fulmination on mine, I use Ingle and a weapon enchant.
---
I'd imagine some quack telling you that you have "multiple personalities" and "psychotic tendencies" would be pretty annoying. - Fishystick
#7Isaac_RedfieldPosted 5/11/2013 1:22:33 AM
Holy Bolt definitely doesn't do 1-3 bars worth of damage, even with 4x peripats. Sorcerers in BBI are the red-headed step children this time around, and almost get shafted as much as Warriors do in general. None of the Sorcerer specific spells really matter in BBI other than High Fulmination, and it's Holy Bolt spam as usual, just because it's the only thing you can actually do before you are targeted by two Wyrm spells at the same time, or a Daimon dive. Everything the Sorcerer was supposed to excel at, the Magick Archer and Mystic Knight do better, and they have a much higher survivability rate.
#8juliana89Posted 5/11/2013 8:25:35 AM
Isaac_Redfield posted...
Holy Bolt definitely doesn't do 1-3 bars worth of damage, even with 4x peripats. Sorcerers in BBI are the red-headed step children this time around, and almost get shafted as much as Warriors do in general. None of the Sorcerer specific spells really matter in BBI other than High Fulmination, and it's Holy Bolt spam as usual, just because it's the only thing you can actually do before you are targeted by two Wyrm spells at the same time, or a Daimon dive. Everything the Sorcerer was supposed to excel at, the Magick Archer and Mystic Knight do better, and they have a much higher survivability rate.

Really ? You should test things before you state otherwise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQDjvD7xmc&list=UU8ZqHSIH73GYLcPN8ncF4Yg&index=1 Never read so much crap in all my life. High survivability rate lol god you really sound like a noob.
#9Isaac_RedfieldPosted 5/11/2013 1:28:06 PM(edited)
juliana89 posted...
Isaac_Redfield posted...

Really ? You should test things before you state otherwise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQDjvD7xmc&list=UU8ZqHSIH73GYLcPN8ncF4Yg&index=1 Never read so much crap in all my life. High survivability rate lol god you really sound like a noob.

Yes, really, and thanks for telling me to test something after I did many times prior to posting anything. And notice, Mr. Doesn't-have-a-clue, the person in that video is using a level 3 weapon. Let's watch a video of a Sorcerer with a level 2 weapon kay? Magick Archers and Mystic Knights kill him faster than that with level 2 weapons.

Besides that, how many people do you honestly think run around with Exhiliration active on a Sorcerer?
#10dacaiPosted 5/11/2013 1:35:25 PM
Isaac_Redfield posted...
juliana89 posted...
Isaac_Redfield posted...

Yes, really, and thanks for telling me to test something after I did many times prior to posting anything. And notice, Mr. Doesn't-have-a-clue, the person in that video is using a level 3 weapon. Let's watch a video of a Sorcerer with a level 2 weapon kay? Magick Archers and Mystic Knights kill him faster than that with level 2 weapons.

Besides that, how many people do you honestly think run around with Exhiliration active on a Sorcerer?

Oh please, let's not turn this into another one of *those* topics. TC asked for a specific spell in a specific situation as a sorcerer. Charged bolt does the trick, but any high level spell can also be used (especialy when mirrored).