Just Corious about what other Assasin players think!

#1AlexEternalChamPosted 5/9/2013 9:23:17 PM
Does anybody else feels that what was done to Assasin was extremely unfair, for the people who play as assasin.

I mean i would understand the nerf if the game had a strong multiplayer and pvp however given the fact that the multiplayer in the game is completely inexistend, i find the following things extremely weird to say the least.

Both the assassin augments have been nerfed to hell and invisibility atm is complete trash like the only good thing invisible is good for now is to cast it quick and run away for 3 seconds before your stamina gets eaten up.

Don't know about what others may think but I really used to love playing as a Sin in this game but atm I feel extremely dissapointed by the "rebalance".

I have played a ton of games previously and not even once have i seen a skill be nerfed to become 5-6 times less effective. Like from being ridicolously long lasting invisibility now lasts ridicolously little (at level 130 it doesnt even last 6 seconds and i've been assasin the entire time from level 10 onwards lol), i wonder how long stealth (the lesser tier of invisibility) lasts in early levels LMFAO. I don't think u can even stay 2 seconds hidden =)).
#2reaver23Posted 5/9/2013 9:38:55 PM
it's pretty terrible. I've been mostly assassin since early in DD and man did they nerf the hell out of it. To be fair though, the assassin skills were super overpowered. We're just spoiled. Having said that invisibility is still ridiculous with Liquid Vims. When farming the ur dragon (before DA) i also farmed Vim's. I rolled up on Daimon like I was doing battle with online Ur. He was dead before the second Vim was done. I wasn't even using Periapt's. So for big boss fight's i think Assassin is still the most vicious damage dealer. Especially if you just need to hack away at the head. But yes, in all other cases Assassin got nerfed hard. Other classes that are just as overpowered (looking at you Mystic Knight) didn't get nerfed like this. WTF?
---
XBL GT: reaver20three
Pawn: Liara
#3DatDarkOnePosted 5/9/2013 9:47:00 PM
I play Assassin and never depended on the augments or invisibility, so it doesn't bother me.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#4AlexEternalCham(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 9:47:06 PM
i honestly dont'care about UR dragon farming AT ALL, I play casually and i enjoy playing the game just to kill huge mobs and stuff, i used to run everfall over and over for hours.

ATM i'm so dissapointed with how assasin was nerfed that I seriously regret to have bought the game since playing the old DD is more appealing than playing DA as far as the class i like is concerned.

I will also admit invisiblity was broken however making an overpowered skill into a completely useless one is completely unfair, I mean they could've halved the invisiblity duration, I would somehow understand that, though not completely since the game IS SINGLE PLAYER so is not like you ruin the experience of another player by staying invisible, but as I was saying nerf it to like 6 times or more? WTF????

(i do not agree with the nerf in autonomy and bloodlust at all since they were augments and any class could've used them anyways)
#5AlexEternalCham(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 9:53:42 PM
DatDarkOne posted...
I play Assassin and never depended on the augments or invisibility, so it doesn't bother me.

so you play as assasin and don't use bloodlust and invisible?, (yeh autonomy is pretty useless if u play with pawns), than please don't take this the wrong way but WHY ARE YOU PLAYING assasin, is it only due to masterfull kill? (which was just as broken as invisible was to begin with and stayed like that, the window in which you can counter is ridicolously long and ironically it stayed that way.

But back to my question, if you play assasin and don't use invisible and bloodlust why do you even bother playing as assasin?, and I wouldn't be surprised if you come out and say you don't use masterfull kill either xD
#6GarudinPosted 5/9/2013 10:04:47 PM
AlexEternalCham posted...
But back to my question, if you play assasin and don't use invisible and bloodlust why do you even bother playing as assasin?, and I wouldn't be surprised if you come out and say you don't use masterfull kill either xD

Your the one that makes a topic that asks what others think about this change

Then when you get someone who doesn't agree with you, you response is

"Screw what I said about this being a single player game and it not effecting other people, you don't play this class like I do so you're wrong and have no idea how to play this game or this class"

Bravo sir bravo
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#7DatDarkOnePosted 5/9/2013 10:10:01 PM
Actually, I didn't use masterful kill until recently on BBI. Between Lycean shot, hundred kisses, cutting wind, and five flurry I never needed invisibility or masterful kill. Even when I had invisibility equipped, I rarely needed to use it. Masterful kill is very handy in BBI against the living armors in their ghost form.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#8LumennPosted 5/9/2013 10:21:22 PM
The Augments I didn't like the nerf. Every single vocation used them, it isn't like they were assassin only. Invisi yeah had some OP issues but only used it when I tried farming my staff for my sorcerer. I personally think it was knee-jerk reaction to the fact that a lot of us played sins and they wanted to make us spread out. You either make all the other vocations more attractive or that ONE less so.
---
GT- Lumenn GT Sunnblaze
Pawn- Venom 200 Strider Pawn Sange 200 Ranger
#9fodo_gsrPosted 5/10/2013 12:12:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10WhereDidItGoPosted 5/10/2013 6:52:07 AM
DatDarkOne posted...

This. I've got an assassin alt and I never really use the augments because I prefer fighting during the day and having pawns. Never was a big fan of situational stat boosters like that, so I just stick with the flat boosts from augments like clout. Invisibility just made things too easy so I never bothered with it, plus most of the time I usually ran with a sword over daggers anyway. I play my assassin more as a fighter with sword and shield, but I like being able to swap over to a bow for when I need ranged attacks.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton