Death and Hard Mode.

#1KaraHeePosted 5/10/2013 9:06:19 AM
So I was bored and decided to check out BBI on hard mode for the lulz however I have noticed something. I have been attempting to farm Death for 5 days now and it appears to be almost impossible in Hard Mode. I am not sure if it's because the HP buff done by HM or if it just despawns faster, however, I have yet to kill it without the use of gravity. Did anybody else noticed this or am I just being a derp? I ask because if it's me being noob then I can fix this, however, if indeed it's a HM issue, I will need to finish the game and switch to NM asap as I do need the stupid bone lantern for upgrades. ^^;
#2meralonnePosted 5/10/2013 10:15:02 AM
I've found that Death likes to run away fast when I pop a few periapts. It's not just you.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#3OverlordticoPosted 5/10/2013 10:30:47 AM
Hard Mode hardly increases Death's or any enemy's health for that matter. Only real increases are in the damage they do and the stamina you use for anything.

You just don't have high enough stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePwThq7o8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCAXEBIHdo
---
PSN: overlordtico
http://youtube.com/user/underlordtico
#4KaraHee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:12:21 AM
Yes he just run away again with one health bar left. He didn't even kill my pawns or anything, he just spawned, got mauled for a few seconds, staggered, then stood back up and vanished... I thought he was planing to reappear next to me but no... he just went away leaving me sitting in my armchair face palming and swearing... I'm not sure if it's crappy stats, I only improved my dps compared to the last time I was farming. Maybe the fact that now I probably do a lot more damage then the last time I was farming Death, makes it runs away faster as well... gah! I am sulky! Let me GDF a longbow and try farming it as a ranger for the 10fold flurry. Ty fr the input and links, Daimon is not an issue at all, he drops in less then a minute.. ahh I wish i could climb Death >.<
---
GT - Sleeping Ghosts
Pawn - Karasu lv. 200 Sorcerer
#5NephanduPosted 5/10/2013 5:08:50 PM
On topic.... how exactly do you kill death anyways? Im a MA, and he doesnt seem climbeable, which sucks since it unitilizes my Immolation. Guess I have to rely on ninefold and ricochet - although he does seem very resistant to both elements. So wth?
---
PSN: C_H_Oliver / Pawn: Brazen / Lv100`s Ranger / Fantasy looks
Are you a man? Or dragon? Or something else? ~ Frostwyrm
#6simonbelmont2Posted 5/10/2013 5:32:46 PM
Nephandu posted...
On topic.... how exactly do you kill death anyways? Im a MA, and he doesnt seem climbeable, which sucks since it unitilizes my Immolation. Guess I have to rely on ninefold and ricochet - although he does seem very resistant to both elements. So wth?

Get some periapts to boost your magic damage. They should help a bit. Fournival sells them in bulk. There is also a MA called magic rebalance I think. That skill also boosts your damage which may help.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#7ServarePosted 5/11/2013 12:01:45 AM
I still can't kill this guy.

He haunts me...
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#8fodo_gsrPosted 5/11/2013 1:18:03 AM
KaraHee posted...
Yes he just run away again with one health bar left. He didn't even kill my pawns or anything, he just spawned, got mauled for a few seconds, staggered, then stood back up and vanished... I thought he was planing to reappear next to me but no... he just went away leaving me sitting in my armchair face palming and swearing... I'm not sure if it's crappy stats, I only improved my dps compared to the last time I was farming. Maybe the fact that now I probably do a lot more damage then the last time I was farming Death, makes it runs away faster as well... gah! I am sulky! Let me GDF a longbow and try farming it as a ranger for the 10fold flurry. Ty fr the input and links, Daimon is not an issue at all, he drops in less then a minute.. ahh I wish i could climb Death >.<

You can kill Daimon in less than a minute but not Death? I can only assume you mean Daimon on normal mode then...or else you're doing something really wrong...

He's supposed to be a split encounter, anyways. Trying to down him from full HP in one encounter is wishful thinking. Even with insane DPS he will take off before you can finish him. Stun locking him may work, if he can be locked up, but I wouldn't know because I don't need to cheese enemies that way...
#9KaraHee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 11:02:39 AM
I did mean HM Daimon, to be honest I don't really feel any difference between HM Daimon and NM Daimon since I rarely get hit by him. My first run thru BBI I was in NM and I was killing Death in one encounter, but I guess it was because I was Stun locking it with Blast Arrows. Nowadays I am being too cheap to use any Blast Arrows, mainly because they are heavy and I like to travel light. I am happy to report that Death had the bad idea of showing up with 1 health bar left when I was running for Daimon, in the room with the 2 Drakes, so now it is dead. I guess I must get used to the fact that if I won't use any special items, Death will be a multiple encounter kill. Also if the HP of the mobs isn't getting buffed in HM, then Death is the same fight in HM and NM... since the attack is still going to be 1HKO... therefore no real buff in HM for Death.

Also, to the question from the MK, I will not know what to say, I play an assassin so I can range kill Death... I never played any other classes so I can't really give any advice on the matter... sorry.
---
GT - Sleeping Ghosts
Pawn - Karasu lv. 200 Sorcerer