How big is Dark Arisen/Bitterblack Isle?

#1DoctorRoXoPosted 5/17/2013 3:56:55 AM
For someone like me, that searches every little nook and cranny of the map and really take their time with the game, how many hours do you think it will last me?
#2MoroteGuilbarPosted 5/17/2013 4:02:58 AM
Between 10-15 hours easily.
#3dacaiPosted 5/17/2013 4:09:16 AM
It depends, you'll get most out of it if you do not go in with an overpowered arisen. Go there around lvl 60 - 70 and the poster above is right. Also, if you want all the armor and weapons you can double that (mostly grinding).
#4MoroteGuilbarPosted 5/17/2013 4:19:20 AM
dacai is right. You will need 30 hours or more if you want to grind and farm all the lvl3 cursed weapons, armors, ...and forge them to gold dragon.
---
XBL GT: MoroteGuilbar Pawn: Guilbarina lvl200 mage
#5jcscrogsPosted 5/17/2013 5:15:30 AM
MoroteGuilbar posted...
dacai is right. You will need 30 hours or more if you want to grind and farm all the lvl3 cursed weapons, armors, ...and forge them to gold dragon.

Or, you can be like me, who also searches every little area, and takes my sweet time and be 216 hours into the game, only be at level 100, still working on Bitterblack Isle, haven't beaten Everfall yet (I am in Post-Game, but not finished with my 1st playthrough), haven't even fought the Ur Dragon yet, and am still enjoying the hell out of this game... But, again, I take my time.
---
GT: TXcod
#6DoctorRoXo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 6:11:00 AM
well im only level 20 so it'll be a while before i even go to bitterblack isle. i was just wondering how many hours it might last. good to know it's lengthy. isn't it just 1 big dungeon?
#7CatfishWigginsPosted 5/17/2013 6:20:49 AM
It is one big dungeon. There's two side paths you have to go to get keys, but the rest is just a straightforward "get to the next room" type dungeon.

There's 3 bosses but there's some rooms that have extra hard normal enemies in them. I don't recommend going in at level 60-70 though. On my 200 character some of the bosses took me a while the first time I fought them, but you could probably still beat them with the stat boosting items.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#8dacaiPosted 5/17/2013 6:48:33 AM
CatfishWiggins posted...
It is one big dungeon. There's two side paths you have to go to get keys, but the rest is just a straightforward "get to the next room" type dungeon.

There's 3 bosses but there's some rooms that have extra hard normal enemies in them. I don't recommend going in at level 60-70 though. On my 200 character some of the bosses took me a while the first time I fought them, but you could probably still beat them with the stat boosting items.

This isn't a fair representation of a general playtrough. Level 70 characters can easily finish a first run with a good challenge and little real frustration. My lvl 200 arisen (sorcerer pair) can blow trough without any problems and therefore lacks any form of suspense. If you have trouble at that level you either;

1. Use outdated gear.
2. Really, really gimped your build.
3. Lack any form of skill (not meant as insult).
#9CatfishWigginsPosted 5/17/2013 7:00:09 AM
dacai posted...
This isn't a fair representation of a general playtrough. Level 70 characters can easily finish a first run with a good challenge and little real frustration. My lvl 200 arisen (sorcerer pair) can blow trough without any problems and therefore lacks any form of suspense.

This guy is spot on. After I learned the new enemies, my 200 has no trouble beating them. What I meant to say is that at a lower level, you might have a harder time learning the new enemies, because your experiments will more often lead to death. After you find a few BBI items, their stats are going to dwarf any stats you'd get from leveling up, so a low level character will be able to ease through BBI with a bit of preparation or some lucky BBI drops.

I would like to emphasize the part about frustration though. If your damage is a little subpar, the silver knights might give you a headache with their self resurrecting.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#10DoctorRoXo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:06:36 AM
Well can i choose to leave BBI at anytime? like say i get to level 70 or so and go and am getting my butt kicked, can i go back to Gransys whenever i want?